Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2 - any chances?

(light_sh4v0r) #161

Nothing revolutionairy here

steps are what all music is made of. steps are bars on the playlist, steps on the beatsequencer and the bars, along with tnth notes

No, timebases are continuous not discrete. If you think they are, you’re missing out on a whole dimension in music.

you dont need recording wav file fruity, you record midi inputs onto a beat sequencer channel

Only if you use prerecorded samples which will make you sound like everyone else. Learn to play an instrument and you’ll see what dynamics are possible with a single sound you never thought of using just prefabs.

and use the channel for hardware or vsti output

nothing new here either.

cubuse is simplistic

Lolwut, l2p?

tempo = pitch and will change all sample levels

(Dthy) #162

tempo = speed of the song, measure in BPM. Pitch is the frequency of the note, which can be changed to a lower frequency (lower pitch) or higher (higher pitch). Tempo and pitch are like oranges and apples, two different things. (i play guitar, and studied waves in physics so i know what im talking about)

(king_troll) #163

in fruity loops you use VSTi or hardware, you do not need actual samples to make a tune, you can automate all vsti controls and fuity controls, you cannot do in cubase or anyother seqeuncer

all music is made of steps and bars, it is why music sheets and steps and bars, and house and techno is all known to be 4/4, some hardcore 4/5

in fruity loops you can add a VSTi to the beat sequencer as a wrapper channel, or add a midi out port and then add the VSTi to a mixer channel which allows you to use as many VSTi as you want going through the same port and using the same pattern on the pattern playlist

cubase is simplistic, it is for people who use real instruments, to record samples and put them together, you cant make a full midi tune with ease, channels and VSTi are limited to 12 or something, the tempo in cubase is actualy the pitch because cubase is made for using samples and not pure midi as hardware or VSTi

(light_sh4v0r) #164

bull****, I can automate everything in Cubase

all music is made of steps and bars, it is why music sheets and steps and bars, and house and techno is all known to be 4/4, some hardcore 4/5

Yes, but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing in between…

in fruity loops you can add a VSTi to the beat sequencer as a wrapper channel, or add a midi out port and then add the VSTi to a mixer channel which allows you to use as many VSTi as you want going through the same port and using the same pattern on the pattern playlist

Cool, ever heard of midi sends?

cubase is simplistic, it is for people who use real instruments, to record samples and put them together, you cant make a full midi tune with ease, channels and VSTi are limited to 12 or something, the tempo in cubase is actualy the pitch because cubase is made for using samples and not pure midi as hardware or VSTi

There you go wrong, making music from samples is simplistic, making music from your own instruments isn’t. BTW, I use Cubase mostly for midi, using both my keyboard and electronic drumkit. I switched from fruityloops to cubase because fruityloops didn’t have half of the functionality I needed for midi recording, so don’t go telling me fruityloops is better in that area. Cubase is widely regarded as one of the best midi sequencers so maybe you should try a bit harder.

Just to get your stats right: 256 miditracks, unlimited audio tracks and 64 vsti slots, excluding inserts and sends. Tempo is not pitch, you can set all kinds of timestretch options for all files to influence the way they respond to time changes.

It’s quite clear you had no idea what you were doing when using Cubase, guess it’s too simplistic…

Fruityloops is fine for making repetitive dancemusic, where you click some sounds together and copypaste the whole lot into a song. I switched from fruityloops because you could recognise songs when they were made in fruityloops. Enjoy copypasting the samples everyone else uses.

(I have a hardware synth and several hardware modules btw, they work fine using both midi and audio in Cubase, fyi.)

Fruityloops has its uses, it’s a great entry program for new musicians, but I don’t think you want to make a list of professional artists using fruityloops vs cubase?

(Herandar) #165

Arguing over the audio program is beyond pointless here.

(king_troll) #166

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;329795]bull****, I can automate everything in Cubase

Yes, but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing in between…

Cool, ever heard of midi sends?

There you go wrong, making music from samples is simplistic, making music from your own instruments isn’t. BTW, I use Cubase mostly for midi, using both my keyboard and electronic drumkit. I switched from fruityloops to cubase because fruityloops didn’t have half of the functionality I needed for midi recording, so don’t go telling me fruityloops is better in that area. Cubase is widely regarded as one of the best midi sequencers so maybe you should try a bit harder.

Just to get your stats right: 256 miditracks, unlimited audio tracks and 64 vsti slots, excluding inserts and sends. Tempo is not pitch, you can set all kinds of timestretch options for all files to influence the way they respond to time changes.

It’s quite clear you had no idea what you were doing when using Cubase, guess it’s too simplistic…

Fruityloops is fine for making repetitive dancemusic, where you click some sounds together and copypaste the whole lot into a song. I switched from fruityloops because you could recognise songs when they were made in fruityloops. Enjoy copypasting the samples everyone else uses.

(I have a hardware synth and several hardware modules btw, they work fine using both midi and audio in Cubase, fyi.)

Fruityloops has its uses, it’s a great entry program for new musicians, but I don’t think you want to make a list of professional artists using fruityloops vs cubase?[/QUOTE]

you copy and paste samples in cubase,

in fruity you use VSTi`s that are virtual hardware to make all sounds and pads you need, use either the beat sequencer or VSTi drum machine to program breaks for drum n bass or dubstep etc

nobody uses samples except the producers who use cubase or wannabe producers.

the only samples in a breaks tune in fruity loops is a bass/snare/tom/hihat/cymbol single shots, with a VST/dx reverb or distortion effect added to the channel and accapellas

(light_sh4v0r) #167

Let me quote myself:

64 vsti slots

I’m not saying fruityloops is bad, it just doesn’t do anything special and certainly isn’t ‘god’.

I never use samples btw, if you don’t either then good for you.

(etwolfmod) #168

I’d like a community effort using gpl’d et source. I’d volunteer with some mapping work.

(king_troll) #169

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;329818]Let me quote myself:

I’m not saying fruityloops is bad, it just doesn’t do anything special and certainly isn’t ‘god’.

I never use samples btw, if you don’t either then good for you.[/QUOTE]

fruity loops is god if you use and abuse and master it all, cubase is house music, fruity loops is tekno, only the real hardcore and complex techno can be made on fruity

home of the tribal, all done with pure automation

(donmichelangelo) #170

[QUOTE=king_troll;329920]fruity loops is god if you use and abuse and master it all, cubase is house music, fruity loops is tekno, only the real hardcore and complex techno can be made on fruity

home of the tribal, all done with pure automation[/QUOTE]

lol
you can do everything with FL Studio what you can do with Cubase too, at the end it depends upon the artists behind the comp how he build his track and to say FL Studio is mainly used just for “techno”, while I dont wanna know what your definition of “techno”,but the way you generalise the genres just to their programs is stupid… and dont forget if you claim something then you have also to deliver evidence, defend it and here it would be nice if you could give us a list who is working with FL Studio and who is working with Cubase in your “techno” scene.

Yes there are artists (for example trance artists) using FL Studio as well as, Logic, ProTools and Cubase. Deadmau5 for example is using mostly FL Studio for his productions, Armin van Buuren is using mostly Logic and ProTools with hardware synths.

btw you say that you use samples in Cubase, while you forget that Steinberg, the company behind Cubase, invented your VSTi… and you dont really think now that they implemented this feature/definition in their products too? You can use VSTi in many sequencers, as well as audio editiors, to say it’s only FL Studio domain is silly, or you are really a troll.

(donmichelangelo) #171

For that we first need new textures for a community based GPL WolfET. Otherwise you would redo texturing your map and I dont know if you wanna do that.

(light_sh4v0r) #172

[QUOTE=donmichelangelo;330088]lol
snip.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, agreed.

Steinberg also made note expression 2.0, the biggest addition to the MIDI protocol since SysEx and guess what, you can use that in Cubase. In fact, I doubt Fruityloops even supports the latest VST 3.5, go figure.

(king_troll) #173

[QUOTE=donmichelangelo;330088]lol
you can do everything with FL Studio what you can do with Cubase too, at the end it depends upon the artists behind the comp how he build his track and to say FL Studio is mainly used just for “techno”, while I dont wanna know what your definition of “techno”,but the way you generalise the genres just to their programs is stupid… and dont forget if you claim something then you have also to deliver evidence, defend it and here it would be nice if you could give us a list who is working with FL Studio and who is working with Cubase in your “techno” scene.

Yes there are artists (for example trance artists) using FL Studio as well as, Logic, ProTools and Cubase. Deadmau5 for example is using mostly FL Studio for his productions, Armin van Buuren is using mostly Logic and ProTools with hardware synths.

btw you say that you use samples in Cubase, while you forget that Steinberg, the company behind Cubase, invented your VSTi… and you dont really think now that they implemented this feature/definition in their products too? You can use VSTi in many sequencers, as well as audio editiors, to say it’s only FL Studio domain is silly, or you are really a troll.[/QUOTE]

i dont use samples and i dont use cubase, people who use cubase cant make a full tune without using samples, it cant be done, as a pure midi seqeuncer using either hardware outs or VSTi`s or both combine if you have a real studio

most people will hate or leave fruity because it has no real sample editing or recording tools, for production of a cubase and other sequencer forms which end up being 90% samples just placed together instead of breaks and patterns being programmed in midi

fruity loops is a pure virtual midi sequencer if you only have VSTi`s, the project will save most of the VSTi settings

if you dont want to be a lamer and use samples and loops, and program everything yourself as a midi pattern, then fruity is god

download amen fruity loops programmed patterns http://www.zshare.net/download/9086797907971f0a/

add a hipass filter to the single shot mixer channel, find a vsti that will give a few OSC of sine wave, and another vsti for a few saw waves and drop the octave and you can make http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvirNKnF_xU by the end of the day

(light_sh4v0r) #174

[QUOTE=king_troll;330249]people who use cubase cant make a full tune without using samples, it cant be done, as a pure midi seqeuncer using either hardware outs or VSTi`s or both combine if you have a real studio

most people will hate or leave fruity because it has no real sample editing or recording tools, for production of a cubase and other sequencer forms which end up being 90% samples just placed together instead of breaks and patterns being programmed in midi

fruity loops is a pure virtual midi sequencer if you only have VSTi`s, the project will save most of the VSTi settings
[/quote]
that’s some seriously distorted grammar, can’t figure out what you’re saying.
Could you give me a list of features Fruityloops has that Cubase doesn’t?

The drums in the song you posted are obviously samples btw, just so you know.

(king_troll) #175

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;330269]that’s some seriously distorted grammar, can’t figure out what you’re saying.
Could you give me a list of features Fruityloops has that Cubase doesn’t?

The drums in the song you posted are obviously samples btw, just so you know.[/QUOTE]

the drums are the cleché rubbish amen break, in cubase you would be using loops,

in the fruity projectile i upload on zshare they are single shots programmed on the beat sequencer where you can program a new pattern and variation whenever you need a break change

if you want to make a complex tune like a tech itch tune you are better off using fruity where all patterns are programmed, and you add and reprogram a new pattern when the pattern playlist needs a change in the tune, even though analysis is basic and old

cubase might have all the same features and fruity, but using and abusing them cant be done and cubase users will never be free of using preprogrammed full loops in a tune

(light_sh4v0r) #176

And this is exactly what I DON’T want to do. Why make music from things other people made for me? The whole point of making music is to do your own thing, what’s the fun in making preprogrammed music? There’s hardly any effort and no personal signature to that.

Cubase let’s you cut up loops really quickly if you wanted to as well, hitpoint detection works well and you can just drag and drop parts of a loop to for instance groove agent one to trigger parts or shots.

Anyway, I’m glad we established that Fruityloops is good for a few specific genre’s while Cubase works for all.

(king_troll) #177

fruity loops is originally a drum machine, you program breaks on the beat sequencer, you are not using other peoples work you are just reprogramming it, if you use fruity, single shot drumkits are the only time you need to use samples besides the use of accapellas and other vocals

cubase is all aimed and people who use/record/cut/paste loops and samples, you cannot automate them and the global output tempo really is the pitch, you cannot make a pure midi fully automated and programmed tune that is 100% midi hardware or VSTi

(Nail) #178

lol. you guys stick with your little toys, I’ll stay with Pro Tools, a man’s system

:tongue:

:penguin:

(donmichelangelo) #179

[QUOTE=Nail;330545]lol. you guys stick with your little toys, I’ll stay with Pro Tools, a man’s system

:tongue:

:penguin:[/QUOTE]

What was actually the subject of this topic? :o

(light_sh4v0r) #180

Sorry, but I do this all the time. Nearly every track I make uses nothing but VSTi’s and hardware synths/drumkits all controlled by MIDI.

You keep telling yourself tempo is pitch. Don’t think there’s much point in me saying that it isn’t true again?