Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2 - any chances?

(Jess Alon) #341

SD would rake in cash on PSN and XBL.

(etwolfmod) #342

Both console makers would eat up any revenue. It has to be released on pc with dedicated servers available, like before everything went console only.

(Nail) #343

it is, Jess was quoting me about the original W:ET

(ziporco) #344

for your mod, you guys should talk to “oneofthe8devilz”
he transformed doom III’s id tech 4

have a look and imagine a rtcw/et so smooth and with that graphic

(Chappy2) #345

Is everybody insane? Brink is SD’s sequel to ET. I just wish the rest of the ET community would figure that out and migrate over.

(Cambodunum) #346

Brink is SD’s sequel to ET

No offence, but it seems that you never played W:ET.

greetz Cambo

(ziporco) #347

@chappy2

yes, dream buddy

(Crytiqal) #348

No it isn’t. It only has the same map objective, the rest is totally different from W:ET.

• Movement
  • Gunplay
  • Classes
  • Teamplay

All are different.

(.Chris.) #349

To be fair a sequel doesn’t have to be a carbon copy

(Sgt.Smegma) #350

yesterday some disturbing images came to my mind. since sd hiring new talents they seems to plan a new project. with id in the same beth-boat I really fear some gayme like enemy territory:rage wars.

presonally I don´t have any hope in rage, cause the carmack is a fan of the box. and rage seems so extrem slow and boring.

0,02 €

(Paul) #351

I guess we’ll just wait and see where SD’s currently starting with :wink:

(Dthy) #352

[QUOTE=Sgt.Smegma;362495]yesterday some disturbing images came to my mind. since sd hiring new talents they seems to plan a new project. with id in the same beth-boat I really fear some gayme like enemy territory:rage wars.

presonally I don´t have any hope in rage, cause the carmack is a fan of the box. and rage seems so extrem slow and boring.

0,02 €[/QUOTE]

If they do make an ET/RAGE crossover, i wouldn’t mind aslong as it played like ET:QW

(xdc) #353

update etqw + community maps + promods + sdk
release it free

(Gir) #354

[QUOTE=Sgt.Smegma;362495]yesterday some disturbing images came to my mind. since sd hiring new talents they seems to plan a new project. with id in the same beth-boat I really fear some gayme like enemy territory:rage wars.

0,02 €[/QUOTE]

John Carmack is a God, and I have High Hopes for Rage, Rage Looks Awesome.

Splashdamage have always being in the Same boat as ID Software since every game uses IDTech, and “Enemy Territory”, “Wolfenstein” “Quake” IP is Owned by ID Software (owned by Zenimax)

Doom: Enemy Territory :).

Personally, I believe that ET games with a Fictional or Futuristic Setting like quake/doom universe are less appealing then a ET Game with a More non-fictional Setting like WW2.

IF I was the director for the Next W:ET Game, it would be Like Timesplitters with 4 Time settings, Medieval, WW2, Modern and Futuristic, it would be the ultimate Team Shooter

(king_troll) #355

d3/q4/qw engines are suppose to be GPL`d by the end of the year, so wolf ET can have a easy modern day remake in QW engines within a year

(.Chris.) #356

AFAIK it’s only Doom3 and not any of it’s derivatives.

(sanDIOkan) #357

quake wars has sdk.
make et 2 with it.

(BackSnip3) #358

Some guys are working on that :tongue:

(sanDIOkan) #359

bah
till i dont see i dont believe :slight_smile:

(Cambodunum) #360

http://developersofcommunity.blog.com/