Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

(Apples) #81

Cuz it misses some important part, like :

• How to become unhittable
  • How to tweak your cfg to be a bunny hopping hoe
  • How to go from 20% to 45% accy in one week with the skillboost pack V2.0

(r3fleX) #82

Ahh why didnt you say apples :smiley: I can answer them for you

1. Change your clientprediction to -28 (seems to be the value for spAnk)
  2. Bind Mouse2 to jump
  3. Either lower your sensitivity or shoot some supply crates :smiley:

Hope this helps ahaha

(Dthy) #83

[QUOTE=r3fleX;239544]Ahh why didnt you say apples :smiley: I can answer them for you

1. Change your clientprediction to -28 (seems to be the value for spAnk)
  2. Bind Mouse2 to jump
  3. Either lower your sensitivity or shoot some supply crates :smiley:

Hope this helps ahaha[/QUOTE]

I think -999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 is what spAnk use now actually

(uTer) #84

nah… i think -28 might be just ok.
Combined with a toggle for switching net_clientmaxprediction from 1000 to 50 for being unhit when running and hitting nice while shooting, this makes the modern spank player.

maybe we will see some toggle for net_clientprediction, too. from -28 to +28.Would cause some different PB kicks on TLR-server

(r3fleX) #85

I was made aware today that the upload link for my cfg was broken, i guess i added it to my next version but that hasn’t been completed as i have been busy. But for those who requested my config in game here it is: http://www.upload.ee/files/784984/SamuraiCFG.txt.html

And its also nice to see pro players taking a look at it even if they choose not to comment :wink:

(jmp) #86

Change your clientprediction to -28 (seems to be the value for spAnk)

Why do people keep repeating this nonsense? Confirmation bias? Client prediction should have no bearing whatsoever to how ‘hittable’ you are. Not to mention the fact that negative value for client prediction makes absolutely no sense.

(phryzz) #87

Don’t tell that my magnetic wristband with hologram aura modifier won’t raise my acc%! :eek:

(Apples) #88

Try -100

zomgchars

(jmp) #89

Try -100

What should I expect to happen and why?

(Sickboogie) #90

[QUOTE=uTer;239720]nah… i think -28 might be just ok.
Combined with a toggle for switching net_clientmaxprediction from 1000 to 50 for being unhit when running and hitting nice while shooting, this makes the modern spank player.

maybe we will see some toggle for net_clientprediction, too. from -28 to +28.Would cause some different PB kicks on TLR-server[/QUOTE]

You are made fantasy, you would see my cfg you would be good moron and Nunji has a cfg most BASIC, you speak all only without even we knows, have play since the beta of sewer.

Andwe don’t have any toggle to change prediction you have so much of imagination to excuse your skill.

Make video,continue to speak in the back, find you excuses to justify your fantasies

you loose your time i give you my net_ try it

// Connection
seta net_limitApparentMaxErrowAllowance “0”
seta net_clientSkipUsercmd “2”
seta net_clientUsercmdBackup “0”
seta net_maxQoSRequests “12”
seta net_QoSTimeout “999”
seta net_useUPnP “1”
seta net_socksPassword “”
seta net_socksUsername “”
seta net_socksPort “1080”
seta net_socksServer “”
seta net_socksEnabled “0”
seta net_httpProxyMode “1”
seta net_httpProxy “”
seta net_updateAutoExecute “1”
seta net_updateAutoDownload “1”
seta net_serverSpeexEnabled “1”
seta net_serverSpeexQuality “2”
seta net_serverPunkbusterEnabled “0”
seta net_clientPunkbusterEnabled “1”
seta net_clientMaxRate “30000”
seta net_serverMaxClientRate “25000”
seta net_clientprediction “0”
seta net_maxclientprediction “1000”
seta net_predictionErrorDecay “0”
seta pb_sleep “500”
seta net_serverMaxRepeaterRate “32000”
seta net_repeateRelaySnapshotDelay “1”

GLHF !! nab :penguin:

(uTer) #91

You should be unable to move.
Actually lots of people say this command has no influence on hittability.I am not very good @ scripting and cfg stuff but if you try different values you will see it has a lot of influence.

(r3fleX) #92

Okay maybe keep this more to a friendly discussion rather than flaming each other? We all have players that we can’t hit for one reason or another, and some of the time it is down to changing net settings but other times its just down to their own network service… I mean i have tried playing with all defaults for net settings and still get called “unhit”… english network ftw

I see quite alot of players using this command, might try it out and see if it makes much of a difference :wink:

(H4rdc0re) #93

Guess I will try it out as well.

(aie-need) #94

This thread is about the Samurai’s guide, and automatically, some people talk about his cfg… I find it useless. If Samurai is better than most of QW players, it’s not just for his cfg, maybe a monster PC, but this is named skill, and i’m pretty sure without cfg he will continue to own us… :slight_smile:
I say that because everyone can reach him, it’s not impossible. :smiley:

PS : I’m ok with Sickboogie, he hasn’t toggle to change prediction.

(r3fleX) #95

Thanks for the compliments aie :stuck_out_tongue:
Yes a good config does make a difference to a certain extent, for example i tried playing on max settings with 250+ FPS and it was extremely difficult imo to kill players due to all the effects that were basically ‘blinding’ my view.
But yes a high smooth frame rate is very useful, i currently play with 300-500fps, but i have played comp for a long time with below 90fps and it does make it very hard to progress with your skill level. It is only within the last couple of months that i have got a new pc which has made a huge difference. The rest is just up to your own skill and “game sense” which will develop the more you play…

(Ultra) #96

All spAnK are not using -28 for prediction,for me its 0.

(Dthy) #97

Agreed, still trying to perfect mine

[QUOTE=r3fleX;240719]Thanks for the compliments aie :stuck_out_tongue:
I tried playing on max settings with 250+ FPS and it was extremely difficult imo to kill players due to all the effects that were basically ‘blinding’ my view…[/QUOTE]

Is it odd that i seem to play way better on high gfx than low gfx? Or maybe it’s because like you, i was used to 30-40 fps, and now up to 200fps. Im confused about myself :S

(aie-need) #98

Yeah, I don’t have a big big cumputer, I have about 120 FPS, 100 with teamspeak launched, as Tirok, but we don’t have bad cfg so it’s playable, we don’t have many problems. When I played QW I used the fast Sniper Trick for GDF, with a mouse button binded for the main weapon, do you think it’s possible to use it without the button binded ?

(Dthy) #99

I just use the scroll wheel when i do it

(ED209) #100

Good to see a bit of life in the old ET:QW yet, and peeps still working on projects and guides and the like. Good Guide.