Samurai's ETQW Guide to becoming a better player!

(General Wolfens) #41

@ r3fleX: do I have the permission to share it on our german etqw website gamingpalace.de with your copyright announced?

(r3fleX) #42

@ General Wolfens yes sure thats great thanks, however i would wait a couple of hours before you copy it as there should will be a new updated version soon :slight_smile:

(Seanza) #43

Why don’t you just let me provide you with a permalink so that whatever version is the latest, we can replace it and keep the URL? SIMPLE!

(fry) #44

[QUOTE=treefrog;238499]an Obli/Rocket Launcher guide you say?

1. have a beer next to you
  2. aim & fire
  3. sip beer
  4. aim & fire
  5. sip beer
  6. etc.

or at least that is how I play[/QUOTE]

nahh…
i spectated good rocket launcher players like winghaven and screamer and they get alomst every shielded hog and just have a nice feeling how to aim at vehicles far away without using lock-on.

So i guess it needs a lot of practise to get this feeling for long-range shots…

(r3fleX) #45

New Version released guys, see first post for details :slight_smile:

(Dthy) #46

46 pages, im in for a long read… xD

(xTriXxy) #47

your guide is very good , i have same mouse as you and , thanks to you, now i know how to set up it lol
for me,
-clientprediction 0 is good on servers with ping 45-80, 20ms on low ping servers is ideal.
(lulu server is set to 20-25ms, and i have great hit reg there, better then on same servers with same low ping with prediction 0ms)

-i think humys config was “customizable” during game, 5-10-15-20ms, so maybe you should add this option to your config as well.

my opinion is, to become a better player we need good mouse, ingame mouse sensitivity 1.3 and less. All above is just matter of time. skills will come, soon or later.

(Apoc) #48

Nice

(r3fleX) #49

Yes i agree with you to some extent, the more you play the better game sense you will have ofc. I’m glad you have found a good sensitivity to play with, however ingame sensitivity is irrelevant unless other people have the exact same mouse/driver/window settings.

Also there is nothing stopping you from adding lines from humy’s config to my own, its just i prefer to keep my net settings the same all the time on whatever server as they are the best for me.

@Apoc - yea shame half the frags are from some random pub nub nobody has heard of (you - incase you werent sure) :stuck_out_tongue:

(xTriXxy) #50

[QUOTE=r3fleX;238554]Yes i agree with you to some extent, the more you play the better game sense you will have ofc. I’m glad you have found a good sensitivity to play with, however ingame sensitivity is irrelevant unless other people have the exact same mouse/driver/window settings.
[/QUOTE]

about the mouse, i meant default cheap mouse without any drivers or without any possibility to set dpi on it. before deathadder i had mouse from tesco for 5euro:), but real fun started after i bought deathadder.

(Dthy) #51

I use a cheap mouse and it’s fine, it’s all down to what you feel comfortable with. However, with different mice i get different accuracy. For instance, with my current mouse i get 50% with sniper/railgun and 30% with AR/lacerator, in contrast to 40% with sniper/railgun and 35% with AR/lacerator with my other mouse.

(INF3RN0) #52

That’s my old one :wink:. As for the topic, just turn off your windows accel and get a good feel for your sensitivity. I like mine low :). (800dpi, no accel, 3.0 sens)

(fry) #53

*Added a quickscoping compilation here - Page 33

link does not work for me

(Seanza) #54

http://for-the-lolz.com/files/etqw/samurai_etqw_guide.zip

Mirror which will always have latest version of the document.

(William_Gates) #55

nice! good work

(r3fleX) #56

[QUOTE=fry;238579]*Added a quickscoping compilation here - Page 33

link does not work for me[/QUOTE]

oh right? works fine for me. Anyone else finding this problem?
Here’s a direct link for the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKZJW5C5rDE

(fry) #57

[QUOTE=r3fleX;238593]oh right? works fine for me. Anyone else finding this problem?
Here’s a direct link for the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKZJW5C5rDE[/QUOTE]

Youtube tells me the file is not available :eek:

(Dthy) #58

worked for me when i tried it

(Dthy) #59

i know xd, im getting a new one soon hopefully…

(r3fleX) #60

Erm try just typing “ETQW Headshot” into youtube and see if you get it that way?
Otherwise i could upload it to own3d if you would like however that will be tonight/2moz as it takes a while. :frowning: