pb ban worthless?

(Snotling) #41

I warned FFF, hope they’ll ban them. it’s all up to them now.

(Shelly) #42

thank you =)

(Rex) #43

Does any clan/player know how to ip/punkbuster ban someone so that his whole CD key is banned? I ask, because the cheater boys from the demo are back… and they keep on creating new nicks.

(DrFunkenstein) #44

Both Villa and us tried to ban the guy based on his IP address but that doesn’t seem to work like it should.

Every search I do about how to ban someone’s IP address comes up with this: pb_sv_banmask “some IP address”. I banned myself on our own server this way, PB acknowledges the ban, it shows up when I use pb_sv_banlist but it doesn’t stop me from connecting to our server…

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. Funkenstein

(Rex) #45

I got the solution now. BlueRed Admin from Jesus Clan helped me to get this done.
It was tested and works. If you use this method, no matter how many fake accounts he uses, his whole key is banned.

You need to write the following 3 commands in your pb config:

pb_sv_HttpPort 27999 //[Port #] http port musn’t be the same as the server port
pb_sv_HttpAddr “91.198.152.91” //[External IP Address] external ip = server ip
pb_sv_HttpKey “adminkey” //[Key]

And finall you use this: http://91.198.152.91:7705/pbsvweb

I don’t know much about the server stuff, but shouldn’t be a big deal for the admins here.

These “Sverige” and “Cookie” aimbot f**kers are still around with different nicks.
So they should be your first target.

=> Would be really nice if some clans could report how it worked and if they banned them finally forever.

If you got any questions left, let me know. :wink:

(DrFunkenstein) #46

Thanks for your reply, but I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to tell us.

Banning a cd-key is not a problem, the problem is banning an IP address. If you can ban an IP address you won’t have to worry about the player using different cd-keys at all.

Dr. Funkenstein

(millerq3) #47

Likelihood is they have a dynamic IP address that’s practically impossible to ban (all they have to do is switch their router on/off and they get a new address)

Only a static IP address can be fully banned.And those player are certainly less likely to cheat.

We stream through PBBan and watch the player’s entering the server.
Though not completely fallible (only really works if you have a admin watching the server constantly while populated) it helps identify any suspect player and appropriate action can be taken.

(Rex) #48

Banning IP adress? Doesn’t it change all the time? I’m not sure this will work so easy.
But why not use the “key-method” if it really works? (Afaik this Sverige has only one key).

(DrFunkenstein) #49

IP addresses don’t change for a lot of people, my address hasn’t changed since I moved to my current home 8,5 years ago.

Banning someone based on his key does work, but you’ll always be wondering if he doesn’t rejoin using a different key. This guy has a static IP address so banning him based on his IP would make things much simpler.

Dr. Funkenstein

(Rex) #50

[QUOTE=DrFunkenstein;397843]IP addresses don’t change for a lot of people, my address hasn’t changed since I moved to my current home 8,5 years ago.

Banning someone based on his key does work, but you’ll always be wondering if he doesn’t rejoin using a different key. This guy has a static IP address so banning him based on his IP would make things much simpler.

Dr. Funkenstein[/QUOTE]

Right. But no one knows how it works. At least there is one method we can start with.

(Breo) #51

Unfortunatly we have no luck with the following methods (tested on Villa and BulletHell):

1. Add IP to guidstates.dat

entry {
“ip” “127.121.12.1”
“user_name” “strogg”
“ban_time” “forever”
}

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31772-Banning-IP-ranges

1. Add IP to pbsv.cfg

pb_sv_banmask “127.121.12.1”

1. Add IP to pbbans.dat

[04.03.2012 18:16:41] MASK127.121.12.1 “” “127.121.12.1”

Any pro admin can help us? :o:confused:

(DrFunkenstein) #52

Check your PM on our forums, Breo. I think I figured out how to ban an IP address properly :slight_smile: .

Dr. Funkenstein

(Rex) #53

[QUOTE=DrFunkenstein;397875]Check your PM on our forums, Breo. I think I figured out how to ban an IP address properly :slight_smile: .

Dr. Funkenstein[/QUOTE]

Can you pm me too?

(DrFunkenstein) #54

Sure, check your PM here on the forums.

Dr. Funkenstein

(Kl3ppy) #55

me too, pls. I will talk to the headadmin of ad. servers so we can add the ban on all ad. servers too

(DrFunkenstein) #56

I don’t intend to keep this a secret, I’ll post how to do it as soon as I get a confirmation that it works for others as well.

Dr. Funkenstein

(Kl3ppy) #57

Thank you, Sir! :penguin:

(Breo) #58

[QUOTE=DrFunkenstein;397875]Check your PM on our forums, Breo. I think I figured out how to ban an IP address properly :slight_smile: .

Dr. Funkenstein[/QUOTE]

Kudos! It looks promising, I will check if it works on our server asap.

Don’t tell the annoying [KILLERS] :stroggtapir:

(Rex) #59

I highly doubt they even know that there exists an ETQW forum :smiley:

(Kl3ppy) #60

they think that this forum is a forum where u can order hacks, because almost everybody who is a member here is banned on their server :smiley: