Open Cup 2012 4v4 - group phase

(Aristotle) #81

I don’t care either way honestly.

I admit the pause on mine was a fail, but things happened with me that I didn’t foresee. Though on the other hand the fact that over 120 people signed up is a huge success in my books. It just is what it is.

**** happens, it’s not a big deal, I thought these were about fun anyway.

I just think it’s so funny how some can be so critical and then turn around and expect not to have people criticize them.

(Snotling) #82

Ok Aris. I talked with perfectslayer from team spAnK they won’t play because most of them are playing comp on BF3.

Imo, you’re cup was great and you did really good with the website, cfg and all. Sh!t happens yeah, you had IRL issues and I’ll never blame you about what you did and I don’t have the right to do so anyway. Some said bad stuff about your cup and the way you ran it, that’s their problem.The only thing you did wrong imo was not to ask for some help. You could have easily find one or two person to help you organizing the play-offs and finals.

Now, as Stupidoz leader I tried with rUBBEN to start a new 4v4 cup with my team’s servers and rUBBEN and Khamul support. As rUBBEN knows more ppl and is better than me in english, I let him do the speak. But some ppl feel like they have to come over here and laugh at 3 withdraws saying “this cup is failed” and all. I can’t say I doesn’t piss me off while most of the team keep playing like they do in your cup. So I feel concerned too and can’t let things go this way just because they seem to hate rUBBEN or so.

Now if you got some business to deal with rUBBEN do it in private or open a haters thread somewhere else. I didn’t wasted my time saying bullsh!t about your cup, what was great again, and won’t begin now. So stop flooding this topic with hard relationship and let’s go back to the topic!

(rUBBEN) #83

Well, Aris, I still don’t take out what I said on your topic. When you face a problem you are supposed to see the entire problem, not only its consequencies. You perfectly know the roots of the problem, and you admitted yourself that you were responsible of it, since you said by your own you could have asked help.

No admin war, I even proposed myself to help.

Now, everyone will play these two cups to play ETQW, and not to take a stand in the admin war.

So Aristotle, yeah your cup was great, I’ll be happy to play the playoffs, and I hope it won’t be your last one :slight_smile:

(Aristotle) #84

[QUOTE=Snotling;390470]Ok Aris. I talked with perfectslayer from team spAnK they won’t play because most of them are playing comp on BF3.

Imo, you’re cup was great and you did really good with the website, cfg and all. Sh!t happens yeah, you had IRL issues and I’ll never blame you about what you did and I don’t have the right to do so anyway. Some said bad stuff about your cup and the way you ran it, that’s their problem.The only thing you did wrong imo was not to ask for some help. You could have easily find one or two person to help you organizing the play-offs and finals.

Now, as Stupidoz leader I tried with rUBBEN to start a new 4v4 cup with my team’s servers and rUBBEN and Khamul support. As rUBBEN knows more ppl and is better than me in english, I let him do the speak. But some ppl feel like they have to come over here and laugh at 3 withdraws saying “this cup is failed” and all. I can’t say I doesn’t piss me off while most of the team keep playing like they do in your cup. So I feel concerned too and can’t let things go this way just because they seem to hate rUBBEN or so.

Now if you got some business to deal with rUBBEN do it in private or open a haters thread somewhere else. I didn’t wasted my time saying bullsh!t about your cup, what was great again, and won’t begin now. So stop flooding this topic with hard relationship and let’s go back to the topic![/QUOTE]

I think you took my post the wrong way. I wasn’t being negative at all, I was just pointing out some hypocrisy that people tend to have. I’m glad that people are willing to do any kind of competition still, not sure why that post of yours seemed so hostile towards me. I wasn’t flooding anything, I hardly think one post voicing my thoughts is flooding, especially compared to some of the other posts here.

Up until my response to rubben in this post I haven’t been hostile at all, I was actually pretty relaxed just stating my opinion, which I certainly have every right to do here in this thread as it applied to this cup, just as you say everybody else had the right to do in my thread, again the hypocrisy astounds me.

I don’t think you understood anything that happened. I was not responsible for what happened that caused my absence, and the fact that you even suggest so is severely disrespectful considering you don’t know what it was that happened. I just think it’s ****ing hilarious how you go on and rant about other peoples cups and then go into a bitch fit mood when people do the same to yours. Just classic. I think you should look up the word hypocrisy.

Oh, and to both of you, I did mention about help when this started, I asked if anybody would be willing to help out I would really appreciate it, the only person who responded was dthwsh. So, where were all of you who are all bitching because I “didn’t have help” back when I asked for it eh?

(Snotling) #85

Arf, english fail on my side. I wasn’t saying you’re a flooder or what, just saying no need to keep fighting about who’s hypocrite or not here. I’m not hostile toward you and don’t want to be so, apologizes if you felt like that.

(rUBBEN) #86

That’s your main problem, which I pointed : you absolutly can’t understand a single word of what community is telling you. Read again brontoz posts please.

Stop posting your sh!t on forums, and manage your tournament, that’s the only thing I can tell you without offending you.

(Kl3ppy) #87

rubben, stfu and just care about ur business!

(rUBBEN) #88

lol that was posted on the thread of the cup where I’m admin, so that’s my business, isn’t it ? Actually, it’s not your anymore hehehe

(Kl3ppy) #89

banning ppl is who are trolling is ur answer? great!! I like it :slight_smile:

(rUBBEN) #90

SVOBODA vs biAtch saturday !

@kleppy, you didn’t troll me, you begged me to ban you, it’s different. Now, stfu and care about ur business, glad to see you like it :slight_smile:

(Dthy) #91

I’ve decided to keep quiet for a while (looks like ban central up in this b***h!) but then i saw my name being dropped and thought i might aswell voice what i think. From what i’ve (and heard) seen, people have been banned from any fun cups for trolling. This’ll just kill the continually dwindling promod community and personally, it puts me off entering any future cups (which is pretty much the only think keeping me playing this game) and anyway, it’s a fun cup, it’s not a super-serious-lets-win-money-and-brag-about-our-epeens-cup . Im guessing that the bans are being put in place because: 1. Language barriers. 2. Sarcasm doesn’t translate well over the Interwebs. Also, the way im seeing it (and why im not complaining) is that if you can’t handle any harsh feedback, don’t give any harsh feedback and say someone is failing because of some unforeseen events.

TL;DR

1. Stop whining like little b***hes and play if you want to play.
  2. If you have feedback give it in a constructive way so it can be implemented into any possible future fun cups, and not “This is fail” or “Definition of fail is you” or such.
  3. Learn to take a joke. (Or simply ignore ‘trolls’)
  4. ???
  5. Profit.

(Aristotle) #92

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;390523]That’s your main problem, which I pointed : you absolutly can’t understand a single word of what community is telling you. Read again brontoz posts please.

Stop posting your sh!t on forums, and manage your tournament, that’s the only thing I can tell you without offending you.[/QUOTE]

It’s funny how I’ve addressed everything that’s been brought to me personally. It’s hard to be able to solve everything if people don’t come to the one person they should be going to instead of other people.

The only thing I’ve ignored is you and your pathetic childish antics and not catering to your every single whim, which to be completely honest, doesn’t mean **** to me.

Want me to stop posting “my ****” on the forums, just let me ask what is it that you consider being the ****? The answers to the questions that people ask? If so, then I will gladly stop answering questions and just assume everybody knows everything and what’s going on. Fine by me.

Oh, and the only thing that brontoz said about me was that I could have had help so when I was away the cup could have continued, I addressed that in my last post, not my fault if you’re special and can’t comprehend what was said.

(Apples) #93

Cant go away one night without kleppy being banned heh? :smiley:

Yeah we’ll play svoboda on sat, maybe 3V4 we’ll see whatever we biatches are da beast

(rUBBEN) #94

You can still add people to your team on the website, apples !

(Ashog) #95

yeah, tho the problem is we dont sign people, we only sign biatches, and there’s not so many out there.

(rUBBEN) #96

problem solved, gl & hf !

(rUBBEN) #97

Hey,
lately I heared that there’s some people who would prefer to play a league, instead of the playoffs. I talked with snotling who learnt me this type of competitions :
Several groups selected by level. All the teams fight vs all the teams inside the groups, and at the end of each season, the best team of each group goes up to the higher group, and the team with less point goes down.

I thought this could be interesting, maybe more than a simple playoff. I tell this now because I think ETQW has not so much teams and it could be a good way to give an interest at playing competition to all the teams, since they will play with teams of their skill level, and to enjoy what still remains of QW.
And, what we did so far with this cup perfectly suits with that, because we can already make the groups, with the 1st of each group make a group together, 2nd with 2nd etc…

Please tell me what do you think about it. Khamul, please ask PL teams :slight_smile:

(Apples) #98

I would rather that , but its just because I’m a busy arse and I cant play 2 matches a week, IMO its more relaxed and team who want to get serious can, while team who rather to drink vodka and having saix with random starnger can also

(rUBBEN) #99

I asked a lot of people, this idea is very popular so far !

It would be rather groups of 4 or maybe 5 teams, and seasons of aprox 2 weeks.

(Kl3ppy) #100

If just 4 teams are in one group u have 3 matches in 2 weeks, i think there is enough time to get drunk and **** what u get :wink: