OCB World Cup 2

(Donatien) #141

6on6 with base rules + The Ark= epic lol

(Sugar_addict) #142

Confused.
So team Baltic, or team Eastern Europe or such is not allowed?
BTW, is there any certainty on WHEN!? this is hoing to happen?
And is Vanilla SOOO bad, really?

(Apples) #143

I must add for gee’s defence that if some of you were a bit more into what happened in the cup last year you would have known its a fun cup with vanilla mod :wink: I also hoped that this year would be promod… but cmon I dont see where OCB stated it was a “pro” cup for “pro” players only…

Its a fun vanilla cup, cant stand it? organise your own…

I usually stick with you guyz for many thing… but the latests comments from the pro scene here I was like “WTF? how to show the worst exemple of ego / whine / elitism / narcissism whatever…”

I saw from time to time some pub clan trying to play promod, they tryed at least… if you guyz cant stand a fun cup dont play, plain n heezay!

@gee : just one thing… you dont want to allow people who allways play together right? Spain team is almost 90% from blackpoint (comp team), and they’ll mostly crush everyone easy, so there is the perfect counter exemple of what should not happen in a “fun” cup, either its fun or its not, but a comp team in a funcup is like killing a mosquito with a bazooka.

Peace, over n out!

(Ashog) #144

too bad the mixed teams aren’t allowed, because we have a ready biatch team, most players of which wouldn’t play otherwise (not enuff players for a national team).

p.s. me no care which mod, as soon as teabagging is encouraged.

p.s.2. apples is ghay!

(Ads913) #145

i dont normally put stuff up in SD forum as users tend to flame or distort news.
Its a bit like the cantina in Star Wars somtimes.

The OCB games ethos is that games should not be changed and should be played as the public play it. It might not suit the pro players in fact the tournament is set out have a laughor just be socialable and have a good time.

Regarding rules.

The problem ,there is always somone wanting to change the rules to suit them personally .Then there is always somone else who does not want the change.

So with the best will in world to try and keep the negative comments to a minimum you have to be consistant and stick with what you know best and thats the rules.I have already been hounded regarding why England has 2 teams and they complain about it not being fair. now thats changed i now have other dudes asking to change it back.

So put yourself in my postion were can i win, weres the compromise…
If you read the rules there is room for compromise. Tournament starts in Sept giving the England players the opportunity to play in a cut or a playoff .I wil even offer the use of a server or resources for you to do that same goes for other countrys.

The tournament is a bit of fun we have guys whos say they represent the public but play pro but dont play public ?

I dont think i will keep everyone happy and this is the problem.
I have not turned people away its their choice to play or not to play.

I cannot help but wonder why players would come to the forum then complain about somthing that is free.If you want to get in contact with me send me a email ads913@gmail.com or come on Ventrilo(i am around almost every night or one of the senior admins will be there) and discuss with me your problems.

Complaining then getting your friends to complain is sabotage why would you want to do this.Afterall its free i am spending my valuable time to put this together and its a lot of work. I have Gee666 knocking his pan in to get some great prizes from Splash Damage.In alliance with Sgs Aleborg is busting his balls putting up a brand new web site that has cost both Ocb and SGS money.

We do this not to flame people but to bring people together. At not cost and to be honest we gain nothing but friends from it.

So your options

You play ,you meet more people, it cost you nothing.Your playing for your country and could win some really good prizes.Its public based and will be using public rules

This is the very reason why you should play.If your looking for one . So If you cannot bear to play or this is affecting your health or causing some sort of trauma.If you believe that you have been hard done by or conned or mislead. I am so sorry for putting you out and bow to your superior knowledge for being so wrong in doing so.Maybe in future i ll start a competion were i let you lot make the rules up and see if that works.

(Apples) #146

[QUOTE=brutt01d;234481]too bad the mixed teams aren’t allowed, because we have a ready biatch team, most players of which wouldn’t play otherwise (not enuff players for a national team).

p.s. me no care which mod, as soon as teabagging is encouraged.

p.s.2. apples is ghay![/QUOTE]

meh, biAtchland is teh best anyway… I truely dont want to play with a “country” here, especialy if there are prizes the fun will be ruined by the @rseholes (there are allways some in your team ;)) who will cry cuz you play relax and dont really care bout victory or defeat. So basically what I fear is that the team with the more comp player in it will win anyway :smiley:

Good luck OCB with this cup! I’ll be sure to watch from some tv server :wink:

(Ads913) #147

oh apples please please please play.ill send olive around otherwise:stroggbanana:

(INF3RN0) #148

I still want to know how your going to enforce match rules on random pub servers? Everyone don’t vehicle whore or you’ll get slapped? lol.

(Ads913) #149

Our Multiplay server switches over to promod vanilla then acts like a dedicated server.

(Aristotle) #150

So then it is going to be played on promod?

I’m not sure what you mean by promod vanilla… Promod with vanilla settings?

(Napoleon.Solo) #151

Promod with vanilla settings?

yeah, unless he means something out of the ordinary it is promod spread with vanilla settings.

(Tandem) #152

You mean ETQW Competition Mod not ProMod
Right?

@Aristotle
I’m down for that

(f34n0r) #153

TAW has 160+ fully active players to bring to this tournament, but we prefer not to use promod for anything except 1 v 1.

As per your email to me which stated that this tournament will not use promod, that it will use plain vanilla Quake Wars, we will try and involve as many of our players as we can.

Thanks for putting this event on! We are looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

(Aristotle) #154

Only one team per country according to their ruleset Feanor. So the vast majority of the 160 players won’t get to play.

(Apples) #155

[QUOTE=Tandem;234510]You mean ETQW Competition Mod not ProMod
Right?[/QUOTE]

I think it’ll be promod just to enforce rules (maybe weapon / turrets limitation, its a 6on6 afterall…) but with vanilla spread / vanilla sprint, etc… I may be wrong here!

PS: regarding the maps I would really REALLY love to see at least one custom map, but not sure which one is the best for 6on6.

Me think the frenchies already have plenty of players, and as I said, I almost dont know them cuz I “almost” never play on french servers.

Peace

(light_sh4v0r) #156

Hah, the US playoffs will be an entire cup on their own if they have 160 members willing to play xD

(Rex) #157

One question to the cup admin: If there are for example 20 players in the German team, who decides who will play?

(BomBaKlaK) #158

yes a lot of frenchies have a good skill ! :wink:

But simply dont wanna play in a so “select” competition
personally I’m playing ETQW just for fun, waiting for BRINK

But nice one OCB hope you gonna organize some cups on BRINK ! :wink:
//|AIE|\ will be there !

(INF3RN0) #159

TAW does :wink:. If there are fliers tho… I might want failmaster to rep USA.

(Ashog) #160

Arrogantly:

anyone have starcraft 2 account?

add me (ashog)