OCB World Cup 2

(Gradis) #181

same :frowning:

says its under maintenance.

(r3fleX) #182

[QUOTE=Gradis;235192]same :frowning:

says its under maintenance.[/QUOTE]

Dont panic, they have been working on a new OCB/sGs site and should be up soon. Gee has been currently adding members manually, but working on the registration part so just be patient and im sure he will update you when its completely ready :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #183

Demos.

Don’t forget the Demos! :slight_smile:

(Fatfool) #184

FATFOOL IS HERE.

Well, seems like the aussies and ‘rest’ aren’t really represented.

Time, date hasn’t been set yet? And the rules? no silly stuff like banning flyers, titans, cyclops and what not?

ETQWpro is bleh…

(Apples) #185

You know that you edit can play with flyers / titan / cyclop etc in ETQWpro dont you?

(retsy) #186

[quote=sereNADE;235180]hey, im having a practice this sunday for any OCB cup participants who want to drop by. its on our private NA server and all are welcome to join in.

sunday 3pm US EASTERN (GMT -5)

so far i’ve invited [STU]

and would now like to publicly invite -VILLA-

and of course anyone else in the OCB cup who wants to.

server ip: 216.155.146.6: 27733
pass: “public”[/quote]

i’ll be there :stroggbanana:

(Fatfool) #187

no?

I don’t play promod. And some competitions have all sorts of weird rules.

(Fatfool) #188

Whoa 4 am monday morning here. no way haha

(Apples) #189

So why do you criticise a stuff you never tried???

ETQWpro != competition rules, and I’m mad bout ppl who think like that! Pro help you to enforce some rules but you can play vanilla like… crazy spread, lemming ftw etc :wink: thats the way you are meant to play!

(Kl3ppy) #190

[QUOTE=Apples;235294]
ETQWpro != competition rules, and I’m mad bout ppl who think like that! Pro help you to enforce some rules but you can play vanilla like… crazy spread, lemming ftw etc :wink: thats the way you are meant to play![/QUOTE]

apples is right. Try it without any restrictions and u will see, promod is much better then vanilla and when u use good restriction, then its awesome.

(DukeNukeM) #191

3am! No problem. I’ll be there. Woo… :stroggbanana::stroggbanana:

(INF3RN0) #192

The anti-lag is amazing :).

(BioSnark) #193

good times.

(f34n0r) #194

QWTA is where it’s at, if you are playing promod without restrictions, you might as well play with TA, it actually works! Promod is broken, the cvar to make it "truly vanilla"doesn’t work, the flier and armor spawns are permanently bugged, radar is randomly bugged and there are other problems.

Definitely prefer using QWTA. It is the best mod.

(retsy) #195

:stroggtapir: GG :stroggtapir:

(sereNADE) #196

while i would love a thread which laid out the merits of promod and qwta and argued the better of the two; to put down promod for the ocb cup isn’t really necessary. promod works when it is installed correctly and should work fine in vanilla for the cup. i suggest remaking a public installation guide for the participants so they don’t wonder why ###badstring### and so forth are appearing in game.

just my thoughts…

and thanks for the fun practice today, everybody. have fun in the OCB cup!:stroggbanana:

(f34n0r) #197

It is impossible to run pro in vanilla… there are certain cvars which cannot be fixed and are hard coded into pro regardless of the “vanilla” cvar or trying to isolate the individual problem cvars. Try it for yourself. It is impossible.

On the other hand, QWTA is entirely customizable and can be run in 100% vanilla with no errors. Also, if you want to screw over the MAC users, Promod is a great way to go, it renders terribly on OSX ETQW. QWTA has near identical FPS between windows and MAC. Shouldn’t we use a mod that doesn’t discriminate against people’s OS?

(Kl3ppy) #198

Why use a mod then? Vanilla runs on Windows, Mac and Linux, so u have to play on vanilla :stuck_out_tongue:

(AnthonyDa) #199

You keep missing the point that etqwpro was designed for competition, which isn’t the case of QWTA.
There are many features in etqwpro who are used for competition (ex: ingame pause, readyteam, working autodemo recording, …).
QWTA is only here for fun/pub, and pretty unbalanced imo.

Both mod aren’t meant to replace each other, there are here for different purpose, stop comparing them when it’s not needed.

(f34n0r) #200

QWTA is great for competition, it has many limits and cvars that are even better for comp than pro, besides, MAC users can’t compete in Pro because of terrible FPS drops. What are the suppose to do? TAW has been using QWTA for extremely organized and intense competition for almost year now, and I can say first hand it is far superior for competition.

Definitely should be just regular base Quake Wars or QWTA.