Glory of the Weak - Work in Progress

(Scrupus) #81

yeah, this is looking interesting :slight_smile:

And remember to fill it with plants and stuff - think green!

(Donnovan) #82

Soom i will release Alpha 4:

(Violator) #83

Remember to put one of these at the bottom of that crater -

(Donnovan) #84

Glory Alpha 4 was released!

Play it today (sunday) on the Nirvana Event at 18:00 CET. Connect early for maps download.

Nice Violator!

(taw_m0nsta) #85

Oeee. What do you call that white floating thing on the first image?

(Donnovan) #86

On back_25.jpg image? It’s not floating, its on the center of the roon, its the Redome Lock objective.

(taw_m0nsta) #87

Yes indeed, tried out your map offline yesterday. In the picture the white thiny looked likes it is floating the middle. Ohwell, I was very impressed by the awesome animation of the opening glass doors, very smooth! I felt so tiny in that glass shield… Ill bet Strogg is going to have heavy vehicles in there they can use after the first objective?

(Donnovan) #88

Not sure if it will have heavy vehicles, its a danger thing to do. First i need to fix the already know problem to garantee the fun on the map. then i can think in something more audacious.

Luciana! Aqui é o André! Beijos!

(Donnovan) #89

Inside the GDF Base, were the GDF spawn will be moved in on last objective:

(Donnovan) #90

Coconut is a blast!

Here you can donwload Alpha 5!

http://glory-of-the-weak.googlecode.com/files/zz_glory_a5.pk4

Here a shot:

(Donnovan) #91

Ah! The checksum for Alpha 5 is:
0xc1b769c0

(Scrupus) #92

Some feedback on a5, after playing a few rounds:

I like many of the new things, and 3 objectives makes it more “complete”. But as many have said (and as you also discovered while we played), it needs some adjustments - especially for first and last objective.

For the first objective, I really like the new dome and the green stuff - looks very nice! :slight_smile:

But as the objective is inside the tunnel, we don’t really see much of the crater, which is a bit sad. I’m not quite sure what to suggest though - ideally I would like to have the objective in the crater itself, so everyone can see the dome opening, and to make the icarius more useful - right now they’re only a transport device.

Maybe you could put the objective on a platform right outside the tunnel entries and let gdf spawn in the inside room, or something like that. But it could make it to easy for strogg perhaps - would need some spawntime adjustments at least. Perhaps it could be a construct objective instead, building a dome penetrator beam device or something. I don’t know really, but would be great to get more action inside the crater itself.

But don’t forget to add jump pads under the icariuses :slight_smile:

The middle objective is probably ok, but maybe to easy for strogg. perhaps you could have a forward spawn closer to the terminal house, so they can either attack airway via turbo icariuses from the first spawn via the open dome - or cap the forward and take it from there. btw try to experience a bit with the jump pads - perhaps you could add some extra “turbo jumps” in the dome opneing, so the strogg can get an extra boost from there and to the roof of the terminal house.

For the last objective, it was much better now than in the last one. But maybe a bit to easy to rocket kill the gdf engies trying to defuse - should maybe be more protected from both teams, so they have to go closer to control the room for plant or defuse.

Well that’s just some quick thoughts, keep up the good work - I’m looking forward for the next build :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #93

Thanks Scrupus!

I’m doing some of your ideas already, but the first one about the dome is a too big change. Need to remake 1st objective from 0.

But remember that if the GDF have luck or merit on one push, they can exit the obj room and fight on the crater for the next push.

Main changes on next version:

• Increased spawn time to avoid frag fest.

• Husky ramp on GDF base is now the terrain itself, avoiding husky crash. And unrising GDF medical cost.

• On 1st objective, the entrance inside obj room is better for strogg, avoiding massive “kill on door”.

• Added bots! They are basic: just infantry with no vehicles, no mines and no deployables.
    Basically bots go to the objective and then the bots with objective class do the obj work while others stay near, running aroun, or advance in the direction of the enemy spawn to try to intercept their comming. Playing with bots i had some fights on the crater.

(Donnovan) #94

Alpha 6 was released: http://glory-of-the-weak.googlecode.com/files/zz_glory_a6.pk4

Checksum is: 0xe12251c

(Donnovan) #95

I believe next version will be final… and then i can start another project.

Here some gameplay changes:

On third objective:

On second objective:

(taw_m0nsta) #96

n1 Donnovan, A6 is now in use on TAW servers :slight_smile: Most of the members will see it today.

(Donnovan) #97

Hope to see some feedback from you guys!

(Violator) #98

Wow thats more versions than estate now lol :smiley: Its coming along good mate. Brain in a box pic is nice.

(Runeforce) #99

I am including this in our next (BFE) rotation, so when time comes to play this I will encourage my guys to give you some feedback. It might take a while before we actually play it though. (There are so many maps by now. +40 including the vanillas and small customs.) But I might throw it in at Tuesday or next Sunday, to have the clan test it out. This way you could get some early feedback…I recommend that you drop by (in TAW teamspeak at Tuesday 21 gmt) Donnovan, so you could get some feedback first hand.

(Donnovan) #100

Thanks Lakers.

Violator. The new releases have mostly new content, they are not rechanges. This was not what happened with estate.