1 - Add main rock!

2 - Add secondary main rock!

3 - Add veins!

4 - Add intermediate deposit!

5 - Add ground deposit!

It’s done!

You also can try our amzing Video Book:

(Apples) #182

Really super map don, I never played it yet but I’m moving my arse to play a bit more lately, so I’ll play it before xmas for sure :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #183

After more 1000 steps, you reach this megatexture!

Apples. Tomorow is the N-day!

(light_sh4v0r) #184

Can you post it in full res please? I wonder if that kills the forum :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #185

The full resolution cant be posted since its a .mega file, a file type from Id/SD! The openable images are 4 TGA images with 4096 X 4096 resolution.

(light_sh4v0r) #186

Oh yeah you’re right, I forgot about that :slight_smile:

(Violator) #187

There is the lit_preview file :).

(.Chris.) #188

Make a mapshot that is full resolution using tiles.

(Donnovan) #189

Whooops!

Forgot to put this one on the “Small changes” post:

You asked for that, Chris. It was already on my “to do” :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #190

Chris,

Some buildings are floating or parcially bellow terrain because i changed the terrain. I need to do small adjusts to re-fit the buildings on the terrain.

And them i will make a 8196 x 8196 mapshot :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #191

I did a crispy 16K x 16K mapshot of Glory in 64 tiles of 2K x 2K images and joined then with ImageMagick (thankyou timestartey) but since 90% of the things you see is void wild desert i reduced it to 4K x 4K image.

I believe other maps will worth bigger SATELITAL images. I will try to do one in Tower map.

Here the 4 mega jpg version:
http://glory-of-the-weak.googlecode.com/files/joined_mapshot_compress.jpg

(light_sh4v0r) #192

There are some strange shadows in that picture :confused:

(Donnovan) #193

New Megatexture:

(Donnovan) #194

Last changes:

(Ashog) #195

What about making a strogg capturable spawn up the hill on last objective (near the castle)? So that you have to capture it only once, then it becomes permanent. Then it will be interesting to fight also along the way up after the comms got hacked.

(Donnovan) #196

This is nice idea Ashog, will give time for GDF to set up defense.

We had this capturable spawn on previously version, removed it, and now putting it back! HAAAA! :smiley:

(Donnovan) #197

Well, i’m back to post my 100th post on this page, a post with shots from the new panoramic hole in front of the GDF Base:

(Ashog) #198

the hole looks good!

(taw_m0nsta) #199

Yeah I like the strong contrast (bright sun) looking at the picture inside and outside. The shadows of the objects come out really well. There is just one tiny thingy, if i am correct you havn’t changed that from the versions I’ve seen, thats the picture in the reflections of glasses/windows. It shows another map in the reflection (happens to much more maps…) if I am correct these images can be generated, if not made by hand. (there are 512 i am correct) probably interesting for you to find out and make this map even better looking. If you have no clue I can give you a path to the files I mean… (have been importing a custom atmosphere from tribal wars into a vanilla map).

(Donnovan) #200

Thanks!

Monsta, i know how to fix this, i just need to reserve some time to do the work.

The GDF Base main room is now changed: