Glory of the Weak - Work in Progress

(taw_m0nsta) #161

Nice I like!

(Violator) #162

Rage - nice :slight_smile: Just finished it last night, ending sucks as everyone says lol. Map looks like it is coming along nicely.

(Runeforce) #163

Your work on this map is amazing and the map is almost of production quality. I almost do not dare utter my feeble words, but: 1) It needs a few details textures (like a stain on the ground/wall, displaced floor tiles, useless grates or whatever) to break up the sterile look and 2) ditch the advertisement for commercial products, it’s plain ugly (advertise your own maps/servers instead or something else (like ideas or thoughts)).

(Ashog) #164

I was actually also thinking of sterile look, which is imho not great. But i was thinking more of green mold on e.g. the tunnel walls, concrete struff, etc. rather than stains, but both would do. The thing is, I guess Don will place details later, after gameplay is ok, imho now it’s too early for that.

About the ad shield - as many already said - this is a fugly artificial solution to sniping - it is not worth of Don-the-Bob’s genius! :slight_smile:
Why not planting large bushes/trees all along the edge/top of the wall instead of the shield?

ps. so u didnt implement sound+light steps on the floor (Michael Jackson style)? Needs only four notes sounds :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #165

Thanks for the comments, they was very kindly received.

The ad are not more for cover, its just there. there is no use on gameplay.

(Donnovan) #166

New shotas!

(Violator) #167

yay for in-game pimpin’ :slight_smile: I have one little bug to fix then should be ready for A2.

(Donnovan) #168

Glory Beta 2 is here: http://glory-of-the-weak.googlecode.com/files/zz_glory_b2.pk4

File Checksum: 0xf5a6fee0

New on Beta 2:

• Third objective is now a carry objective (complete redone).
  • Added jumppads.
  • Added heavy vehicles on third objective.
  • Added more entrances on warehouse, on second objective.
  • Added some new cover positions on the outside area.
  • Added more roons and corridors.
  • Some layout change.
  • New textures.
  • Updated AAS version of the map with all the changes and recompiled AAS for bots.
  • New spawn positions on third objective.

Shotas:

(Ashog) #169

Was not bad! Almost noone on Strogg knew where the transmitter is, but still it was quite a good game. Much better than previous version with xplosive obj. And GDF forgot to use the tank :slight_smile:

The only thing is I am unsure whether the only entrance corridor to transmitter would be the choke point - GDF can just plant 3-6 mines there and Strogg will never be able to transmit (just a guess tho)? Maybe 2 corridors instead of 1 would be better? But yeah, the transmitter room looks cozy now :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #170

Here the avaliable entrances for the strogg on third objective:

(Runeforce) #171

As for the billboards, how about using some of Tokomaks pictures: http://tokamak.imgur.com/

(Ashog) #172

anyone got a picture of Tokamak? :slight_smile:

ehm, nah better not :wink:

(.Chris.) #173

[QUOTE=brutt01d;382791]anyone got a picture of Tokamak? :slight_smile:

ehm, nah better not ;)[/QUOTE]

I bet he’s quite a stud.

(Donnovan) #174

Here some changes on the map:

Easy access 1:

Easy access 2:

Many tried this jump with small success. Now its possible:

New ladder 1:

New ladder 2:

Closed hole from first floor to transmit objective:

New advert:

Other Changes:

• Couple of bot improvements.
  • Mini map wrong position fixed.

Upcoming Xmas advert:

(Ashog) #175

hahahaa nice.

like new ladders.

the jump that u mentioned - is it easy to do or is it a trick jump difficulty?

uuuuuu, my favourite hole is gone :slight_smile:

(Khamul) #176

Lol good job, nice changes.

(Donnovan) #177

Hehe! :smiley:

Now its easy to do, Ashog. People commonly fall on the hole when trying to do it, on B2.

(Donnovan) #178

I just made a little better ad as people asked here. Its really nice to dirty things :c)

Here is Donn Moffo Old Tar Ava Icon!

(Ashog) #179

The invisible wall. I think you know this already?

(Donnovan) #180

What invisible wall?

Edit: Oh! Sorry! I see the image now.