For The Makron League ETQW 4v4 Season 2

(Apoc) #401

VIKINGS ARE VICTORIOUS!!!
:penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

Also gratz on failwhale for getting best teamplay, that one match was epic teamplay

(Dthy) #402

Just realised, the 4v4 All Stars has all of Vikings bar me… OIC guys :frowning:

(Virus047) #403

Team Silent Breed will be returning for next season. :slight_smile:

(Khamul) #404

All star matches will start near 8 pm CET(Saturday 4v4,Sunday 6v6), just join to 1st serv of FTMLeague. And why we chose more players than 8/12? Because few last players had same result.(points) I hope guy u will show up and make awesome match! Captains will choose teams before match ( captains will be players with most points, 4v4: Kordin and Samurai 6v6: Chump and Rex. Maybe Rage yumi , shortje or someone else will make shoutcasts? :slight_smile:

(unarmed) #405

Mic-less EU pub nub available to make up the numbers :smiley: Signed up with CS4S for season 2, couldn’t make the match times (3am? Nah), so preferably EU, bottom div. Any takers?

(rUBBEN) #406

To make things clear, if I take out the teams that resigned, we should have :
40% #2
The Gun Club
Combat Folk
40% #1
Stupidoz
TAW
Cyborg
Team Postpwned
Pierdole Style
ZUBR
LoOL:)
NML
Stupidoz #2
Villa
Silentbreed
TAW NA
Jem Paczki
FLY
TAW #2
OCB
Aardvark
Jem Paczki #2
The Outlawed
CrYpT
Can’t shoot for sh!t
UBC

Please send me a message if anything is wrong

• tell me if :
  • you prefer big (6 - 7 teams) or little (4 - 5 teams) divisions
  • you want an american division or everything mixed (which means harder to schedule)
  • you want a schedule made by each div admin considering times of every teams or each team organises its matches.

(Gvardman) #407

Big divisions
mixed
scheduled by admins

(INF3RN0) #408

Not that I have the time myself to play anymore, but I wanted to throw this out there. I feel that at this point in etqw history, an official “drafted teams” league with NA/EU divs (and maybe sub divisions) would be the most successful. It would allow for very balanced teams with no need for excessive ranking, letting lower level players work under higher level players as their captains. Something like this would make it so that scheduling would be extremely easy and probably gain even more involvement; most importantly matches would be able to happen on a regular basis. Sure everyone likes to play with their “equally skilled mates”, but etqw shouldn’t be about the best and worst now because it’s 2012 people… and no one gives a crap. Each season drafted teams could either remain together, moderate changes could be made if needed, or an entire re-draft. I just think it would be much more interesting and productive than the old style which causes a lot more problems. Thoughts???

(Virus047) #409

I like Infernos idea I just don’t know if it would fly unless it was truly NA Players in one draft group and EU Players in the other draft group. The issue with that is we would have to have EVERY PLAYER in EVERY CURRENT team taking part to make it successful. Obviously that’s meaning 100% participation from each player in every current team. I’m not certain we would get that so generally speaking I think our current setup is the best…

I personally believe we should see 4 Divisions. Provided the ABOVE listed teams all do in fact return and try to split it as HALF NA and HALF EU. If you wanted you could perhaps have a 5th DIVISION if more teams signup. You could then lump all the returning teams with .500+ record in a division and the teams returning with sub .500 records in the other division. Hopefully creating that “balance” some people are looking for. I just see too many issues with scheduling NA vs EU teams based on times/servers/etc. I personally can’t play matches @ 3-4 PM EST to cater to EU teams and I know most of the NA teams we played last season couldn’t play any earlier than 8-9 PM EST generally speaking.

Keep the seasons short with maybe another 5 week long season or so. Keep the same map selection system. It was fun. Don’t FORCE schedule teams, keep it flexable. Your gonna see WAY WAY WAY to many forfeits if you force schedule (Def gonna see more forfeits if you do a mixed NA/EU division and force schedule teams). Let teams schedule as needed and have admins step in and help teams agree upon dates/times that are agreeable to both teams.

Just my two cents. Its 2012 and everyone playing this game currently should be playing for fun and for fun only. So always remember that when running the league and joining for season #3. :slight_smile:

(INF3RN0) #410

Well I would definitely agree that this is mostly a necessity for the NA side. I don’t know who is still active in the game, but I know that most of us either lost interest due to scheduling conflicts or just plain lack of scrim opportunity; ping as well. Clumping NA together into a separate division would yield more activity there, but the teams participating would really need to try and spread out the experienced players amongst the newer guys in order for them to retain interest. I spent a lot of time in season 2 helping out those guys, but a lot really needed experienced leadership. I was glad to see crypt giving SB a run for their money, but I am sure you guys would rather have more close games like that will all the teams in your division. Although I can’t participate anymore, I might be able to organize a pure NA scene for FTML of those left if some of the more experienced players were willing to join up with the newbies.

The entire idea of a draft league though was also to keep things fresh, instead of having only 4 teams in each division playing each other constantly, most of which never seemed to have enough players around to even play very often to begin with.

(Brontoz) #411

Bigger divisions
Dont know
Games should be sheduled by admins fo sure. Maybe will be nice if admins will shedule week for some match,not day. Its mean, some 2 teams have 1 week for shedule date and time for their match and say this date to their division admin. If they didnt do that, admin should make forced time for their match on last day of sheduling week, then team who didnt show up will have defeat. I think system like this will be comfortable for everyone, teams will have chance to choice date and admins will dont need wait this sheduling proces half of year…
If we will have noshow’s paradise, its mean we have not enough teams for league, becose team who cant play even 1 time in per week its not team and they shouldn’t signup to any competitions.

(Gradis) #412

As for bigger divs it all depends on the amount of teams u got for this season, but i liked how generally the divs were and looking at the tables and 2 piont losses the divisions were mostly equal with games going either way. Fair dos i know admins get it in the arse with moaning but i think they arranged that well.

I disagree generaly with admins scheduling times as active teams should and can manage to arrange between themselves but when the last week or 2 comes then admins should step in. If teams dont show then points should be awarded for end of season so a team cant play 1 game then ‘vanish’ leaving every one else screwed for points that effect placement.

As for the us eu thing it would be a shame if it totaly splits as i would and im sure us players would like to play against each other. Though how it can be arranged is just dependant on how and when. usual probs :smiley: Perhaps a special case kicks in when eu-us team is to play with admins aware of it and allowing games to be played after the deadline but same eu/us has passed as long as its arranged with forfiet applied to no show.

(.Chris.) #413

Matches should be forced by whatever deadline the admins pick by default but give teams the option to schedule mutual times before that deadline if they can, if not then you have the forced date and time to attend which would be stated in advance of the cup starting so there’s no excuses. If you can’t make then it’s tough titties.

(Snotling) #414

About the scheduling, I think the best thing to do is to say that every team have to play one match per week. They’re free to chose the date and time. If after a certain number of week a team hasn’t played a match, the admin jump in and schedules this team’s games.

About your draft idea, INF3RN0, it’s a good idea but I’d like to keep the 4v4 league with the old team based system. We could open a 5on5 draft league/cup next to the 4v4 league if players are ok to play both 4v4 with their team and 5v5 with draft system and if Draft Cup’s admins are fine with joining FTML.

(Graver) #415

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;398639]To make things clear, if I take out the teams that resigned, we should have :
40% #2
The Gun Club
Combat Folk
40% #1
Stupidoz
TAW
Cyborg
Team Postpwned
Pierdole Style
ZUBR
LoOL:)
NML
Stupidoz #2
Villa
Silentbreed
TAW NA
Jem Paczki
FLY
TAW #2
OCB
Aardvark
Jem Paczki #2
The Outlawed
CrYpT
Can’t shoot for sh!t
UBC

Please send me a message if anything is wrong

• tell me if :
  • you prefer big (6 - 7 teams) or little (4 - 5 teams) divisions
  • you want an american division or everything mixed (which means harder to schedule)
  • you want a schedule made by each div admin considering times of every teams or each team organises its matches.[/QUOTE]
  1. AS YOU WISH
  2. MIXED
  3. AS YOU WISH :slight_smile:

I am not sure all of this teams are going to play. Atm many players are inactive for quite a long time.
Unfortunately it is very likely that Pierdole Style won’t play (not for 100%) …

(Finko) #416

Bigger divisions, i think 3 divs with 10 teams (if we have enough teams), 9 matches with 1 match per week.
Its problem to schedule marches with NA teams, but i hope we will play all toghter, cos etqw community not so big, and silly to make two legues, need to find compromise.
Admins set dates of every matches, if there some problems capitans always can contact with each other and set new date with admins.

(Gradis) #417

no offence finko i would let people who managed a league do the thinking.

(Gvardman) #418

I think the best way is system, that was in s1. Admins make a shedule, but it can be changed if both teams agreed…

(Gradis) #419

what would be fun though an arse to arrange. is a fa cup style knock out tourny. playing in lower div knockout style to round up to high div teams.

(rUBBEN) #420

There’s absolutly no way to turn FTM into a drafted cup, simply because teamplay is for me the most important, I play with my brother, cousin, and very good friend, not with random people. Playing with friends is just the base.That was my first point.

Second, whatever you can say, funny time can fit with competitive gaming, that’s why a league is still the more interesting.

Third, we will give our best to help people who make an effort to run tournaments.

2012 FPS gaming is dead in general so stop crying about the situation and get skill.