For The Makron League ETQW 4v4 Season 2

(INF3RN0) #421

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;398668]

2012 FPS gaming is dead in general so stop crying about the situation and get skill.[/QUOTE]

This is based off of the huge amount of unplayed matches and lack of overall scrims in s2. Almost all matches seemed to have been played in the span of only 2 weeks or not at all. We were the only US team in d2 and only one team actually showed up to play after we showed up every weekend the whole month. Not sure what was even happening in d1, but I am guessing there was match dodging since it seemed like the most active?? Just pointing out that it seems as though you might care more about becoming the “best” in ETQW in 2012 rather than maximizing the competitive scene. I would have rather been in d5 and been able to have played 5 matches. Lot’s of dead games use draft leagues because they allow you to play any time you want and make it so there’s a ton of people to play against. Maybe the best solution is to have bigger divisions and force matches, but NA will probably need their own division entirely. I do think that FTML should think about having a regular weekend draft event at least, maybe 2x a month or something.

EDIT: In case you didn’t understand what I meant by “draft league”, it means drafted teams play a full season. That means that there is teamwork, but the main point would be to have up to 10 teams of equal skill to generate more balanced scrims/games overall. Ex. 3 divisions of 10 balanced teams instead of only 4 (or less) via drafting between divisions. Since it should be about actually being able to play more good/close games with more active people, instead of taking wins from forfeits. You can put all the current best players on one team and ofc they will win, but if you split them into multiple teams then you have more exciting games and more teams that will be challenging. Surely it must get boring when there are only up to 2 other teams that offer a challenge, especially when your playing for no prize and bragging rights don’t matter anymore. When there’s so few players in the game, this is what needs to happen to keep it alive/interesting.

(Finko) #422

If you have some experience with draft cups and have some ideas about it, you can help with this Finko’s empty beer bottle cup as i see its posible to make 1 day draft cups.

(alphabeta) #423

Division Size: Doesn’t matter to us
Must have an NA division as bi-continental matches are hard (but not impossible) to schedule
Must allow us to schedule matches (we at CrYpT are all adults with jobs - some with varying work schedules)

(INF3RN0) #424

I used to take part in draft cups hosted by a league in a different game. You can make it a lot easier on setting it up regularly with a “show up” system. Set a date/time for people to join a ventrilo/teamspeak server (give a 15-30min grace period). Once your ready you pick “X” number of captains that you move to different channels and have them draft a player to their team one at a time. This style makes it so that you can play immediately and every team only need 5 people, plus it only takes about 5minutes to get everyone into teams.

(Kl3ppy) #425

Something like that I suggested for the next draft cup :wink:

@ FTML Admins. Why dont u set the week when a match should be played, and the teams then come together and make the exact date and time. The division style is nice, but make sure when u have more teams in a division that the skill level is pretty the same, can be really annoying when there is a huge skill difference. The draft thing is not a good idea for teams, its working when players are drafted.

(Gvardman) #426

I think we can just keep ftml running standart div system + draft cup

(Apples) #427

Yeah just do both, end of problem…

(rUBBEN) #428

@INF3RNO : I don’t know where you saw that all the match had been forfeited, but I remember you A LOT of matches have still been played ! The match that failed are because teams entirely locked (1st CAV, failwhale, opp) their divisions, but this can also happen in any competition, including drafted cups if players don’t show-up.

(Snotling) #429

If you want to sign-up a team, send a message to rUBBEN or me. And don’t worry guys, FTM 4v4 League won’t change, I was only talking about hosting some draft cups from time to time. I’m thinking about organizing a 5v5 or 6v6 cup for July but nothing is sure so far. It’ll depend on s3 development.

(Khamul) #430

REMEMBER GUYS! 4V4 - SATURDAY ABOUT 8 PM CET 6V6 SUNDAY ABOUT 8 PM CET :slight_smile:

The players choosen for the 4v4 all-stars match are:
-Samurai
-Kordin
-Brontoz
-Chump
-ShadowToLight
-Onyx
-Apoc
-lausl
-Draelor
-jopjop

And for the 6v6:
-Rex
-Chump
-Draelor
-Brontoz
-Jopjop
-Rubben
-Kordin
-Samurai
-Celebrian
-Inferno
-Jakoby
-Khamul
-ShadowToLight
-lausl

(Finko) #431

any TV for this matches?

(Snotling) #432

They should be on yes. :slight_smile:

(alphabeta) #433

Can the All-Stars matches be saved as a VOD? I would love to watch this but will be working when it takes place.

(lausl) #434

i will not be avi tomorrow, cause i have a barbie-kuh
hf

(godcody) #435

If players in all-star match send me demo’s, I will make a VOD from the different perspectives. Should be able to have it be nice quality since it won’t be live. I can upload it to youtube or something. Just putting it out there. I’m not gonna track down all the demos but if i get enough i’ll put it together. Less someone else wants to do it cause I’m **** at this kinda stuff. I’ll be lingering in ftml irc.

(Khamul) #436

Remember first they have to show up :slight_smile:

(Brontoz) #437

I can’t be avi today too, sorry guys, but can’t do anything…

(Oyama) #438

Dacha yopta. =)

(Khamul) #439

-Samurai
-Kordin
-Chump
-ShadowToLight
-Onyx
-Apoc
-Draelor
-jopjop
I hope this guys will show up today :slight_smile: