For The Makron ETQW 4V4 League

(Snotling) #301

We are working with the other admins on some changes in the ruleset for season 2 thanks to your feedbacks. You’ll be informed of the new rules and ideas in the new topic I’ll create for season 2 soon.

(Kordin) #302

I would ban players for a certain amount of games rather than a season. if he breaks a rule he is banned for 4 games. if there arent 4 games in the current season the remaining banned games will also count for the next season.

(Aristotle) #303

Quick question about the two teams rule.

I’m not talking about using two different accounts to play for two teams by any means.

I was wondering, if a player, say me for example, am on Postpwned’s roster, and another NA team, say CS4S doesn’t have 4 online at the time of their match, after asking their opponents, would I be allowed to sub in for CS4S as a ringer, or as you Eurolanders call it, a merc. I wouldn’t be on another account, or on two rosters, just filling in.

Not saying it’s going to happen, and if you’ve explained it and answered this already I apologize, I just didn’t see it. Just kind of wondering what the ruling on such a thing is.

(rUBBEN) #304

[QUOTE=Aristotle;394379]Quick question about the two teams rule.

I’m not talking about using two different accounts to play for two teams by any means.

I was wondering, if a player, say me for example, am on Postpwned’s roster, and another NA team, say CS4S doesn’t have 4 online at the time of their match, after asking their opponents, would I be allowed to sub in for CS4S as a ringer, or as you Eurolanders call it, a merc. I wouldn’t be on another account, or on two rosters, just filling in.

Not saying it’s going to happen, and if you’ve explained it and answered this already I apologize, I just didn’t see it. Just kind of wondering what the ruling on such a thing is.[/QUOTE]
http://stupidoz.free.fr/ftmleague/rules.php

(Aristotle) #305

I see it now, thanks. So as long as the opponent is ok with it, players can. Thank you rubben.

(Snotling) #306

About that Aristotle we’ve allowed mercs from a team of the same division as yours or a lower one but not from an higher to keep the game balanced. Of course, your opponent’s captain has to be okay with your merc/ringer choice.

(Aristotle) #307

kk, thanks :slight_smile:

(Dthy) #308

Nice to see some old school names signed up (@1stCav & hAk<<) Should be a fun season!

(Rex) #309

:eek: :eek::eek: Ok, now I am really impressed. I wonder if I ever saw so many teams when QW was alive :smiley:
Would be nice to see some of them also searching for train wars in the evening :wink:

(Shelly) #310

wow cant believ hAk is bk, thats pretty awesome.

(Crytiqal) #311

If Gvardman wants/agrees, maybe the pugbot could join the ftmleague channel?
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31826-IRC-Pick-Up-Game-Operator-Bot

(Ashog) #312

What I would really like to see in the 2nd season is a couple of additional fast servers in central Europe, e.g. Germany. With all respect to admins and server owners for work done, the current servers 1 and 2 are often laggy and unreggy (especially 2). It would be simply great for example to have an Aardvark pro server refurbished for the league, especially because it for many people is always very good regarding the reg, no lag and ping, as well as because the admins of it are already running custom maps and have experience with them. My reg was always absolutely a dream on Aardvark server.

We absolutely need much more fast servers to scrim and offi, especially now that there’s so many more teams on. And don’t forget about TV servers for them!

(Crytiqal) #313

If the matchservers would use a standard rep pw aero can provide aswell as shoutcasting the tv server

(Kl3ppy) #314

I may get full access to the ad. Serv, so i can upload the needed cfgs and maps and we can use this serv aswell, but it has no TV Serv.

(Crytiqal) #315

Just spawn a repeater with pw and i can hook my tv on it. ill pm you on irc if youre interested.

(Ashog) #316

Just great! All bow to the Klepigod!

(alphabeta) #317

Is there a tutorial on running a ETQW Pro Server somewhere? We are having trouble introducing some of the necessary config’s, custom maps, and suggestions from Inferno on the new Crypt Pro server. Any help would be appreciated; we want to make available and useful to everyone.

(Gvardman) #318

@INFERNO:
Is it possible for some of US players to join irc? It would be much easier to get enemy for scrims :slight_smile:
Other new teams should do it too btw

(timestart) #319

I think all the tutorials were on the old forums :(. If you come on IRC (#etqw.ftmleague on Quakenet) or make a topic with your questions someone can probably help you.

(INF3RN0) #320

[QUOTE=Gvardman;394409]@INFERNO:
Is it possible for some of US players to join irc? It would be much easier to get enemy for scrims :slight_smile:
Other new teams should do it too btw[/QUOTE]

I will try to get ppl from each team to log irc- same with myself lol