For The Makron ETQW 4V4 League

(.Chris.) #281

[QUOTE=Apoc;394276]Somewhere else please ladies.

Chris, shelly, anyone else with personal issues with other people, either create a new hate thread or insult people personally on irc or something, dont hi-jack a thread for a league and try to ruin it just because your having a bad day.[/QUOTE]

League has ended and its relevant, you have some folk trying to do nice things, Gvard, Khamul, rubben and such but there are always some idiots trying to piss on everyone’s strawberries. I don’t think pointing this out is ruining anything, what is ruining things is what I described and it needs addressing in my opinion.

As you’ve already alluded to, the rules should be more robust to help stop certain incidents from occurring in the first place with clear penalties in place for those who do break the rules as to not create any ambiguity that has been present in recent cups which has led to some conflict. It’s good to hear they (admins) are aware of this and taking action.

I’m not sure how to fix the people though.

(Finko) #282

when mamut.si was played last time as team, for example, they was beated by team who have name failWhale at this moment.

And before then, mamut.si didn’t play more than 2 years. Silly compare new weave teams and some old, but i agree with Brotoz in this:

Only difference between old teams and new top teams on QW at the moment is this “old” teams learn how to play this game and every things more earlier than rest… They played promod,much more earlier, when a lot players even didnt know what is this.
, and most of old players lost their interest earlier too.

(onYn) #283

First of all I wonder why people can´t understand some troling, we are not at a business meeting here. Second, if there is a strong team you can´t beat but want to show them that they aren´t as good as they think, you have to create a team and beat them. Talking about old, non playing teams, and the possibility of them beating someone you dont like is a shame. Let it happen by another team or yourself, or leave it.

(Apoc) #284

Season has ended, league hasnt. And its not relevant, its pretty much a compilation of dragging up past issues that were beneficial to no one, personal insults and making unprovable statements aimed to belittle and provoke.

I apreciate rules were broken, and issues came up, but admins have already stated their position and plans for season 2. Pointing out/bringing up past issues will do nothing to benefit the league or the people in it. People wont just see your post and think “hmmm, i guess id better change my personality”, more likely is that they will take offence to your comments and then worsen their behaviour because of it.

Keeping the league running efficiently, with a strict ruleset and little drama would much more likely influence peoples behaviour for the better, and create a better atmosphere around the small…but growing teambase.

(Shelly) #285

true that.

@ brontoz: unfortunately my comparison and my words you quoted are out of context. I was not comparing teams on their actual gameplay skill lvl. I was more referring to how much nicer the community once was. And with “skills” <---- I meant social skills. But lets drop that topic as it doesnt belong here as apoc pointed out. =)

(.Chris.) #286

Fair enough, perhaps a new topic would have been a better idea then, I’ve only just read past few pages today, my reply was a bit knee jerky but I stand by the general sentiment behind it.

Lets have a good season 2 then.

(TheG4mer) #287

This Shelly troll is like my grandma, always talking about bygone times.

(INF3RN0) #288

High-fives to everyone who took six years to get good at ETQW? Still pretty sure that the old top teams in their prime were much better than those now… not like anyone cares at this point though (I hope).

(jopjop) #289

I like when chris posts stuff cos he sometimes puts these nice phrases like “knee-jerky”… I had no idea what it meant untill I went for a visit to urban dictionary. Other one I remember was something like “he has a chip on his shoulder” next step is to learn the proper use :o

@brontoz
Thx pal we will meet you next season :wink:

@admins
To you I have no complaints everything worked nicely and tv servers were always there sometimes after some repairing but still. Keep up the good work and dont quit on us (the teams + players) altough we can come up some **** time to time :slight_smile:

(Aristotle) #290

Glad to see ss signed a team up. Lots of old names on their rosters. Should be fun to watch their games.

(Napoleon.Solo) #291

Hells yeah. High-fives coming my way.

(Khamul) #292

People who don’t want to help us, just please stop spamming in this thread… Its really annoying.(U can create ur thread and hate everybody there:) )
BTW. Guys remember tomorrow is 29th! Dont forget register ur team!

(Breo) #293

[QUOTE=Gvardman;394142]huh, I won’t say anything about villa’s points, but about raktok’s ban:
Yeah, de jure raktok broke only one or two rules while u need to get 3 wanes to get banned, but what we have de facto: RakTok just destroyed a 4div… Don’t forget, that we made this FTM League and tryed to balanse divs in order to low players were interested in playing vs their skill opponents instead of 40% of failwhale. Do u rly think that guys from div4 enjoed matches where they were baseraped? I don’t think so. Thats why he got banned.
The problem is that this season rules were too weak, coz we have not predicted all situations. But we are working on it and next season rules would be harder.[/QUOTE]

Be honest that the sanction wasn’t issued according the rules.

The only rule that could be applied was:

1.5 Sanctions
-Using fake account to play in two teams: player is warned, and the teams he played for take a penalty.

It’s true that something went wrong with the communication/registration. But it was never the intention to use fake accounts to play in 2 teams.
The fact is RakTok never played in 2 teams, even a member of failwhale comfirmed that he wasn’t involved with them during this league at all.

There are no hard feelings, just wanted to make things clear. We are fine to stay in division 4 and looking forward to Season 2 of the FTM League with another lineup.
Probably the only thing that could be fixed is to lift the ban of the player but that up to the referees.

(Gvardman) #294

[QUOTE=Breo;394330]Be honest that the sanction wasn’t issued according the rules.
Probably the only thing that could be fixed is to lift the ban of the player but that up to the referees.[/QUOTE]
Raktok is banned for season 1 only…

(Crytiqal) #295

What happends if you disobey the rules in the last match (finals)? You get banned for 10 minutes? :stuck_out_tongue:

Not trying to stir anything, but this should be considered for equal treatment

(Gvardman) #296

If you use hax, or crash my pc (with gpmg) even in the last match - you get banned for 10 years.

(Crytiqal) #297

I was serious Gvardman :wink:

if someone does this for the first match and he is banned for the season, he misses like 6 matches?

if someone does this for the last match and he is banned for the season, he misses like 0 matches?

Better consequence would be, you would miss the next 4-5 matches, no matter what season it is?

(Gvardman) #298

We will think about it, thanks for advice :slight_smile:

(Brontoz) #299

Maybe its can be something like this… For example he is have 1st warning now and ban for 1st season, if he will do something wrong on next season he will get 2nd warning and ban for season, next time - ban forever on FTM? Or 2nd time is ban forever. I think its will be pretty fair. In that case admins should have some warnings list or something like this. And every player should know if he will broke roules his ass will be kicked for that…

(Kl3ppy) #300

I would prefer banned for the season he broke the rule and ban for the following season. Maybe this can avoid such things.