For The Makron ETQW 4V4 League

(Snotling) #1

Hi all,

Gvardman, rUBBEN, Khamul and I are proud to introduce you the For The Makron’s ETQW League. We’ve decided to create a brand-new website in order to support ETQW competitive events. After numerous feed-backs about our last cups, we’ve realized that single eliminations cups were really frustrating for many beginning teams. ETQW hasn’t this much teams playing promod so a new format of competition, fitting the skill level of every teams and providing challenges that all can reach is absolutly necessary to keep everybody playing and having fun on promod.

In FTM’s League, all teams will be divided in divisions according to their previous competitive results and skill level. We’ll offer three level of divisions, High, Med and Low as everyone may be able to fight opponents at its level. You can find all informations about the rules, teams and divisions on this (hand-made) website:

http://stupidoz.free.fr/ftmleague/index.php

As we use to say, the more the merrier so don’t hesitate and sign-up, registration are open from now on! You can register as long as you are 4 players and add subs later at any moments, even if you don’t have a team, just put a mix together and let’s go!

For any informations, our irc chan is #etqw.FTMLeague @ quakenet , please put it to autojoin and stay there as long as you guys want!

See you there, HF & GL

FTM’s Admins

(Rex) #2

Hey rubben, what about a new rule?
All take demos that’s normal. But if you request the demo of a player or even of all players, you must upload them.
For example after a match I want to see the demo of the player “X” because he was kinda fishy. So I say to the opponent player I want his demo and he must give it to the opponent team.
Also I would suggest that the admin can require every single demo of a player due to confirm match results.

(Apples) #3

I request raktok’s demo!

Wait wha…?

• Yeah a page with “demo review” should be avi, if a demo is requested then its UL on the site so anyone can review it and say something bout it.

• I still want custom map, ask scrupus at #biatch.etqw how to upload them on the server and how to run them, and next time we want to play a custom map, we wont care if other team didnt have DL it yet, its becoming boring not to be able to play custom because half the other team members didnt have dl it beforehand, or map isnt even on the server etc etc… I’ll ask my mates but I’m not even sure biatch will play without custom maps, its a point that we support these maps from the beginning, so playing comp with a map pool of 6 maps will quickly annoy us.

Peace

(Rex) #4

Yep apples is right, custom maps are also fun. I suggest them, too.

(Khamul) #5

Ye ! Custom maps are very interesting . We need to add new maps, because the tournament will become boring.
Btw. Remembers guys when u are online just join IRC! #etqw.FTMLeague @quakenet

(Snotling) #6

@Rex: Sure we can do the demo thing but just for division 1 where teams are the most skilled and involved in their results. No need to ask demos for div 3 games imo, beginners are just discovering promod, it’ll scare them if they have to upload their demos everytime.

@apples: I’m thinking about 2 custom maps we could add to the map pool. I’ll give a look at all the custom maps we’ll choose some and pick our two favourites.

We’ll also add one more rules about Extra Points:

1.3 Extra Points
Teams from division 3 can play official games against teams from division 1. If a division 3 team wins, it automaticaly wins extra points to its final results. In case of defeat, nothing happens. All FTM’s rules are applied to these kind of matches.

The idea is to motivate beginners sparring against better team to improve and this way, most motivated team will move faster to the top.

(Rex) #7

@Snotling: I meant only if you ask for the demos, not every time :wink:

Can team failWhale be moved to the 4th division please?

(Snotling) #8

I’ve been roaming on awesome dudes custom server to select some maps I found interesting, these are those what fit the most for a 4v4 match imo:
-Comm Link
-Canal
-FreeSpirit_pro
-Maridia
-Radar
-The Tower

I’ll talk with the other admins to choose two maps we’ll add to the map pool. If some of these maps arn’t playable or broken just let me know, I’m not used to custom maps.

@Rex: Command declined! :smiley:

(light_sh4v0r) #9

Comm link, Canal, Maridia and Radar are probably the best maps for 4v4 from that list. The other 2 are designed to play with heavy vehicles.

(.Chris.) #10

Maridia and Comm Link.

Canal and Radar are for 6v6.

Tower and Free City are for 12v12

(Rex) #11

I agree, also my opinion.

(Dthy) #12

I think failWhale should be moved to division 4, i was only managing 20% a few days ago (to much Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Counter Strike: Source & Counter Strike: Global Offensive have ruined me!)

(Gvardman) #13

I think we can make a place on the league website where everybody can get any demo from any match (for div 1 and 2, not sure about 3) and watch it (If he have not watched it on tv or so). But it is possible only if captains of teams is not too lazy to collect their team demos after every match, put it in one archive and send to my email that I had been able to upload it on site…
What do u guys think about it ?

(Rex) #14

Ähhm, I just want that if someone requests a demo he can get it. NOT that everybody or all clans members have to upload it. Would be too much work.

(Snotling) #15

+1 I’ll try to do so for Stupidoz. But some offi cameramen team could also watch all the matches and upload their demo. It’ll be easier this way to have demos all the time. :slight_smile:

@Rex: we’ll add a new rule:

1.5 Demos
Admins can ask a player or a team to give them their demos from an official FTM’s League match. If a player or a team refuse to give them, a warn will be issued.

(Ashy) #16

Team name:
NoPracSince2009 (I’ll think of a better one later)

Lineup:

Ashy/zxy
.hUMY
stonedmorpho
sponge/spng

Backup:

stonednemesys
devil90

Despite how much we’ll underperform, we feel ETQW gave us so much in the past that it’s only fair to give it something in return; our egos will be a small price to pay to feel once again the emotions this game can gift us with.

(Snotling) #17

Wow, nice to see you there guys! rUBBEN will add you tomorrow. :wink:

(Shelly) #18

good to see you guys bk ashy

(Dthy) #19

Was fun playing against you guys earlier, wb and have fun! :smiley:

(CfYz) #20

[QUOTE=Snotling;391139]@Rex: we’ll add a new rule:

1.5 Demos
Admins can ask a player or a team to give them their demos from an official FTM’s League match. If a player or a team refuse to give them, a warn will be issued.[/QUOTE]

Warn? Noway. You shoud punish refused team. At least - defwin should be used for opponent whos asking demos. :slight_smile: