For The Makron ETQW 4V4 League

(Aristotle) #241

Anybody have popcorn?

(Apoc) #242

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;394086]This is post isn’t surprising coming from a pro-player. Did you even look at what QW is now ? If that’s how people react I understand why admins ran away from QW.
Since nobody organises cups on QW, I do it, with the help of snotling Khamul and gvardman. If someone smarter and older would do it, I would play in it and wouldn’t be doing anything in organisation. And I have the hard task of dealing with community.
Please notice that you signed up for next season, so it should mean that everything we are going isn’t that useless, is it ? What was your KAMEHAMEPOST for ? Making me wanna drop everything ?
No no, Elizabeth, your post didn’t sound like an advise.[/QUOTE]

I dont understand what you have an issue with, i wrote a non offensive post firstly advising you not to insult your own teams, which i would have thought obvious. Yet apparently neccessarry. Then i purely suggested the most logical steps an admin could take on an issue to stop any sort of drama, focusing on the basis of: Carrying out your own rules and learning by your mistakes.

I dont think the demise of a community neccessarily has to mean a drop in admining standards, especially when they are so easy to uphold (just enforce your own rules and dont make up things on the spot).

I apologise if you feel my “kamehamepost” (<- ?) was anything other than helpful. I was merely acting on the presumption that you would welcome advice from people, since you keep repeating how unsuited and unexperienced you are as an admin.

(rUBBEN) #243

Sorry I took bad your post partly because my english sucks and I misunderstood the bigining. Well, what you said I will try to take it in line for next season, we will write a better ruleset and snotling will talk with community because he understands better english !

(r3fleX) #244

Jeez feel like its time to write something :o

1. The decision was made by admins about the onyx case, Villa should just deal with it, learn from their mistakes and move on, ready for season 2.

2. Everyone else’s opinion is pretty much irrelevant in terms of changing the decision, an admin needs to be consistant as one of the most important things. If they make a decision, everyone moans and they change it then whats the point in having rules? So i am supporting rUBBEN’s consistancy with both Onyx and Hydrium case.

3. rUBBEN & other admins, you are doing a great job in promoting/creating a ETQWPro scene, you have achieved the impossible and got a TAW team to sign up for a competition with the rest of the community :eek: but no seriously, someone to take control of organizing is just what this community needs, and it is because of this league that i came back to QW, otherwise i would be off playing some crappy BF3/COD/next****game.

4. For the rest of you, i think you just need to stand back and think a little about what influence your posts have when you critisize an admin. At the same time admins do need to repay the same respect and distinguish between being an admin & a player. These guys are doing a great job, they are one of the very few in this community who are actually doing something. I mean look what happened, when shelly dropped the shoutcasting… others said they would take over… but where is that shoutcast atm…? Alot of people like to talk and say they will do things, but very few actually do it. These leagues have injected a little life into the game, and without them qw would be a very boring game to play now.

Yea we all make mistakes… hell i’ve made a ton that i would like to change… (TLR finals/fritz/insulting players/etc) but just need to learn from them, apologise and try not to make the same mistake again. :slight_smile:

(Ashog) #245

It is doable yeah, noone argues about that. Still it doesn’s prove anything. For example it doesn’t prove that in-game you, your brother, onyx, jopjop, deathwish and a bunch of others are not using a macro. So everyone who is obviously abusing quickscope is a potential and very probable macro user for me. And no elaborate explanations aka “i use no macros in any games i play…firstly because im crappy at that sort of thing and cba to learn the details, and secondly because its often against rules” can convince me otherwise. That are the most obvious disclamers to be used in forum while using a macro, aren’t they?

(r3fleX) #246

Well i can defend apoc because i have personally stood behind him while he is playing as he is my brother. But again that is just my word… personally i can’t defend any of the other players (onyx/dthwsh/jopjop) because i have never seen them play IRL. If you want to convince yourself everyone is using a sniper script then sure makes no difference to me, and yeh while it is “lame” to use a script there’s no rules that say against it in quake wars at this moment in time.

Yeh if ESL/CB were running a cup and there was a rule saying “no macro’s/scripts” then thats breaking the rules but ESL/CB aren’t running any cups for ETQW so your not breaking any rules by using a script.

Its just like its lame to abuse all your net settings, the values people have chosen are still allowed within the server restrictions they are playing on so its not breaking any rules, its just lame that players need to abuse net settings to become good in a game rather than relying just on their skill of aiming/playing the game.

(.Chris.) #247

Who gives a **** about quick scopers, once you know someone is using it they’re pretty easy to handle, just don’t run right for them in straight line…

(Rex) #248

[QUOTE=I81B4U;394056]
For the joke: Dopey can u add some members of the other teams to our list, so they will loosing their points, maybe rex from failwhale?[/QUOTE]

I just lol’d. How mad can you be? :rolleyes: What do we have to do with your cheating affair?
This posts shows clearly that you can’t stand an admin decision, how immature your clan is and how hot you are for a higher division, although the punishment wasn’t even that hard.
Furthermore the match yesterday showed that you only won all your matches due to a player from a higher division.
Why don’t you just move along instead of bitching at other teams? :rolleyes:

PS: Your immature trick wouldn’t have worked anyway. Everyone knows I would rather quit QW than playing with a bunch of pub players.

(Apoc) #249

Wouldnt even need to quickswitch if the mechansism wasnt broke, if it didnt get stuck in scope and lag your game it would be used just like a railgun with shoot, pistol, shoot etc

(Dthy) #250

Well that was a fun read after coming back from the outside world! Just wish i bought some popcorn whilst i was out…

(Ashog) #251

We are trying our best, deathy :slight_smile:

(Gvardman) #252

huh, I won’t say anything about villa’s points, but about raktok’s ban:
Yeah, de jure raktok broke only one or two rules while u need to get 3 wanes to get banned, but what we have de facto: RakTok just destroyed a 4div… Don’t forget, that we made this FTM League and tryed to balanse divs in order to low players were interested in playing vs their skill opponents instead of 40% of failwhale. Do u rly think that guys from div4 enjoed matches where they were baseraped? I don’t think so. Thats why he got banned.
The problem is that this season rules were too weak, coz we have not predicted all situations. But we are working on it and next season rules would be harder.

(Apoc) #253

[QUOTE=Gvardman;394142]
The problem is that this season rules were too weak, coz we have not predicted all situations. But we are working on it and next season rules would be harder.[/QUOTE]

^ This was my point, if you can cover all the bases before a season starts then you simply have to follow what you said to (hopefully) have a drama free season

(Rex) #254

It is a bit confusing at the moment. I don’t know when someone plays and when. So it would be very nice if teams or the admin could write down confirmed dates for the matches and the time (in GMT please).

Today:

failWhale vs 40% - 8:00 pm GMT+1

(Snotling) #255

Today is the last day of FTML season 1, all remaining matches must be play untill 24:00 or they will be considered as no show!

Servers will be really busy tonight, here’s the program:

Div1:
-failWhale vs [40%]#2 20:00 GMT+1

Div2:
-NPS2009 vs [40%]#1

Div3:
-TAW vs ((bh))
-ZUBR vs W4nt3d (maybe)

Div4:
-[STU] vs SV’2 19:00 GMT+1
-|JP|sQuad vs LoOL

Winners will be crowned tonight for division 1, 3 and 4. Remember that registrations for season 2 are already opened, teams from season 1 will be automatically sign-up for the next season.

GL & HF all,
Snotling

(Snotling) #256

FTMLeague season 1 is now finished! All matches results @ http://stupidoz.free.fr/ftmleague/saison1.php .

Season 1 winners are:
-Div1: failWhale
-Div2: Stupidoz
-Div3: ZUBR
-Div4: Stupidoz#2
-Div5: The Outlawed

I’d like to say thank you to all the teams and players who took part in this first season and a big gg to everybody. I hope you’ll all stay for FTMLeague season 2 what should begin 3 of march. I had a great time watching and playing the matches and I hope you felt the same.

Don’t forget to make your transfers and registrations untill 2 of march!

GG and cya,
Snotling

(Dthy) #257

GG’s guys, i couldn’t get on at all (LOADS of work :confused: ) I think i should mention it, when Season 2 starts (next weekend) i won’t be able to make it (to busy getting drunk).

(Khamul) #258

Don’t forget to make your transfers and registrations untill 2 of march!

Ye! If anyone changing team, dont forget send it to rubben!

(Kl3ppy) #259

Can u review the server.cfg, maybe someone can help to get rid of the server crash when switching from vanilla maps to custom maps? its pretty annoying :wink: and the invalid image data thing too :wink:

(lausl) #260

gg’s and true: fix the server cfg pls, but good jobs admins- qw alive!

i am still missing shellys post, that we don’t deserve the win…arrogant much??:wink: