ETQW Canceled login / Connection reset issue

(ShadowRage) #66

Any updates on this front? I need my ETQW fix (yes I now I can direct connect, but would be much better with the master server back online… or… or steamworks :wink: ).

(Moobabe) #67

Hey gang,

Everyone transitioning to WFH around the globe has made progress on this front extremely slow going.

I asked yesterday and there’s been no movement as yet, but we’ve not forgotten about you!

(Mustang) #68

@Moobabe
Any chance you could speak on the current plan?

Are Activision going to turn the server back on? Doesn’t seem likely as you’d think it would have happened by now.

Are SD going to host/maintain the server?

Is the game going to be updated to work without a master/authentication server?

Something else?

Also, is bureaucracy or man hours that are the primary road blocks presently?

(Moobabe) #69

Hmm

My hands are tied a little bit on this as you may expect. Given the age of ETQW, the changes that have happened at any number of companies involved in it (including Splash!) etc etc

What I will say is there’s a number of solutions being explored, each involves various levels of bureaucracy and man-hours.

It’s all being discussed, though, and I really hope we have a resolution of some kind soon.

(Mustang) #70

Okay, appreciate the response at least, hope to hear more when it’s possible to share.

(ShadowRage) #71

It’s just good to know that you are still working on this. ETQW is literally what I consider the best mp in gaming and it really would be a sad day to see it go. Keep up the good work, and more importantly stay safe!

(Jeddyh) #72

I’m checking back every few days for an update on this, I’m also gathering any information about Demonware’s implementation in ETQW for a potential master server replacement

https :// github . com/whyisntthisworking/etqw-msr

Looking for wireshark sniffs from when you were able to login, cheers :slight_smile:

(FozzeY) #73

Well, I guess this is the final nail in the coffin, then.