ET:QW 4v4 promod Ladder ClanBase

(rUBBEN) #61

+1 for Chance.

(Khamul) #62

100/200 :frowning:

(rUBBEN) #63

Don’t worry man, ClanBase would have been a + for ETQW, but there’s already enough to have a lot of fun here :slight_smile: And it’s not over yet concerning ClanBase :wink:

(Rex) #64

Do you really think players who never heard of a forum will be allured by clanbase? When I take a look at the CB accounts of the players who voted it seems like they just discovered clanbase via the forum. Not via clanbase itself. So it makes more sense to write down Cups here.

Btw, where were all the people who voted now when ESL was giving ETQW a second chance? Where were you?

For me it seems like some players here think: “Ohh wow clanbase I always dreamed of playing in such a special Cup! I was sleeping the last 4 years, but hey now let’s give it a try. This is some serious sh!t, I will be famous.”
Those might be the real thoughts of some players here. Absolutely sh!t, clanbase or cups from a random guy organised are the same.

That was just my opinion, but when I asked around here some said they don’t care about the votes.

(rUBBEN) #65

That sounds old and embittered :stuck_out_tongue: Current competitive and active scene was simply not here on QW yet !

(Shelly) #66

[QUOTE=Rex;384996]Do you really think players who never heard of a forum will be allured by clanbase? When I take a look at the CB accounts of the players who voted it seems like they just discovered clanbase via the forum. Not via clanbase itself. So it makes more sense to write down Cups here.

Btw, where were all the people who voted now when ESL was giving ETQW a second chance? Where were you?

For me it seems like some players here think: “Ohh wow clanbase I always dreamed of playing in such a special Cup! I was sleeping the last 4 years, but hey now let’s give it a try. This is some serious sh!t, I will be famous.”
Those might be the real thoughts of some players here. Absolutely sh!t, clanbase or cups from a random guy organised are the same.

That was just my opinion, but when I asked around here some said they don’t care about the votes.[/QUOTE]

I kinda get your point rex, however it wont hurt anyone if there is a ladder in qw will it? so why not try for it, maybe it will attract more players or make old players return, maybe not. Fact is, that those that are interested in qw should keep it fun and alive for as long as possible and if there is a 1% chance that this will be helped by having a ladder on clanbase then its worth it. ^^ you wont break your fingers by voting, trust me :smiley:

P.S. just fyi and i know im not telling you anything new here, but a lot of active players in qw nowadays werent around 3-4 years ago.

(rUBBEN) #67

I completly got your point, and I got it for a long time now, you just don’t accept that new players start ETQW.
I won’t go until saying that you are a frustrated guy, but tell me why are you so scornful and arrogant toward us, the new community that ask only to try, to fail, to learn, to try again, and this with you !

I don’t want to offend 40% guys, they are very very good friends, but it’s kinda boring to always always and always play with them, and SVOBODA and some other. You can’t know how do we feel when we play against you, or spAnK, we discover other ways to play, etc…

It really hurts me that you say this thread is bullsh!t, because it means that you don’t give a sh!t about all the time, and everything I give to make those stupid competitions.
You really think I wouldn’t understand the real meaning of your post ? Oh yeah sorry I’m the stupid guy that waste his time for a dead game.

edit : I just want to tell you that I don’t hate you, I rather like you because I know you are just acting but now I ask you only one thing, to scorn us a little bit less.

(Shelly) #68

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;385008]I completly got your point, and I got it for a long time now, you just don’t accept that new players start ETQW, and don’t tell me you do, because you wouldn’t respect your own point of view.
I won’t go until saying that you are a frustrated guy, but tell me why are you so scornful and arrogant toward us, the new community that ask only to try, to fail, to learn, to try again, and this with you !

I don’t want to offend 40% guys, they are very very good friends, but it’s kinda boring to always play with them, and SVOBODA and some other. You can’t know how do we feel when we play against you, or spAnK, we discover other ways to play, etc…

It really hurts me that you say this thread is bullsh!t, because it means that you don’t give a sh!t about all the time, and everything I give to make those stupid competitions.
You really think I wouldn’t understand the real meaning of your post ? Oh yeah sorry I’m the stupid guy that waste his time for a dead game.

edit : I just want to tell you that I don’t hate you, I rather like you because I know you are just acting but now I ask you only one thing, to scorn us a little bit less.[/QUOTE]

argh my common sense tells me to stay out of it, but oh well.

rubben, why do you care for other ppls opinion and take it all so personal? just do your thing and stick to it. you have fun organizing things for etqw comp, like cups etc. and we enjoy it too. you dont need anyones approval really, or do you?

besides personally i think you did misunderstand rex there, he didnt say anything against your cups nor your effort. his opinion, which he may share just like anyone else, coz this is a forum!!!, is that there is no difference between the organized matches in a cup (like yours) or matches that happen due to a etqw ladder on clanbase. he has a point, coz the ladder doesnt really matter as long as we keep up cups and organized matches, qw stays alive. so simply put, even if we dont get 200 votes together, it does not matter, we dont need clanbase’ s approval to keep things going in qw. thats how i understood his post and his reasoning for not seeing any point in voting. ^^

to make it even more clear, let me emphasise again that even if the ladder in qw will be reactivated or whatever you want to call it, there will be no difference to any form of cup organized by any person in qw. there are no extra gains due to the ladder beside maybe giving qw a little more attention and maybe attracting some new players or movitating old players to return. that is the only slim benefit of a ladder and that is what rex was pointing out to not raise any false hopes nor beliefs that the ladder will change any big things. ^^ rex as other old players that were around when the qw-ladder on cb was active know this and thats all he s saying, rubben. =)

(rUBBEN) #69

Nah, burn him !

I didn’t misunderstood rex, but you misunderstood me =p I didn’t post that message to say that I want a medal for the job I’m doing etc… This message was only to make rex consider that there’s a new community and it is interesting !

Rex’s message with the " wannabe " chapter was clearly for Pliscin and myself, but it’s true I like competition, so I don’t blame Rex because he was true but because he is scornful.

Now go eat a currywurst, visit the reichtag, kiss ein krote, and relax your anus, ladz !

(Shelly) #70

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;385012]Nah, burn him !

I didn’t misunderstood rex, but you misunderstood me =p I didn’t post that message to say that I want a medal for the job I’m doing etc… This message was only to make rex consider that there’s a new community and it is interesting !

Rex’s message with the " wannabe " chapter was clearly for Pliscin and myself, but it’s true I like competition, so I don’t blame Rex because he was true but because he is scornful.

Now go eat a currywurst, visit the reichtag, kiss ein krote, and relax your anus, ladz ![/QUOTE]

lol! i didnt misunderstand you dear. you were upset coz rex said there is no point in this ladder voting and you felt hurt by his post. <—your words, not mine. =P
if you feel scorned by facts that the ladder wont change much from a practical point of view, then that is your problem. i was just pointing out that there isnt really anything hurtful by the truth and it seemed you didnt understand that, so i tried to put it in simple words, so its not misunderstood.

your last sentence “Now go eat a currywurst, visit the reichtag, kiss ein krote, and relax your anus, ladz !” ??? not sure how to take that, i presume you had a brainfart while reading my last post which resulted in that nonsense. :rolleyes: happens, np. :tongue:

P.S. one last comment, to make rex aware of there being a new community and a ladder being interesting for these new ppl… does not change the fact that the old gamers know there will be no significant difference whether ladder or not. so your point is invalid, newbie :tongue:

(Kl3ppy) #71

I think that is unlikely to have a cup/ladder again @clanbase/ESL. But with this vote former players who are active at clanbase and playing other games notice that etqw is having a come back. I dont know if rubben thinks, that etqw will be back at clanbase or if his main point was/is to create some attention. There is nothing negativ to try what rubben tries.

@rubben, ignore rex, he is mostly a troll, so just ignore it. Its great that u organize cups and try to keep the small community alive. So keep ur work up, learn from ur mistakes and make sure that u avoid them, then everything is fine :slight_smile: and dot focus too much on clanbase, u will probably get disappointed :wink:

(Shelly) #72

[QUOTE=Chance.;385014]I think that is unlikely to have a cup/ladder again @clanbase/ESL. But with this vote former players who are active at clanbase and playing other games notice that etqw is having a come back. I dont know if rubben thinks, that etqw will be back at clanbase or if his main point was/is to create some attention. There is nothing negativ to try what rubben tries.

@rubben, ignore rex, he is mostly a troll, so just ignore it. Its great that u organize cups and try to keep the small community alive. So keep ur work up, learn from ur mistakes and make sure that u avoid them, then everything is fine :slight_smile: and dot focus too much on clanbase, u will probably get disappointed ;)[/QUOTE]

to create attention for qw is always a good thing and im all for it, hence i voted too, even though i know it wont have any other gains beside attention.

(Kl3ppy) #73

Yeah, but i hope that rubben and all the others know, that the glory and shiny etqw comp time is over :wink:

(Shelly) #74

aye ^^ …

(rUBBEN) #75

All the nights I cry about it man :slight_smile:

(Kl3ppy) #76

poor u :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

(Khamul) #77

[QUOTE=Chance.;385017]Yeah, but i hope that rubben and all the others know, that the glory and shiny etqw comp time is over ;)[/QUOTE] But we can still play great CUPS!

(Shelly) #78

hands over some tissues to rubben <— im nice like that :tongue:

(Kl3ppy) #79

of course u can, and thats why rubben is awesome, cause he organizes this cups :slight_smile:
i just wanted to point out that u shouldnt focus too much on clanbase :wink:

(lausl) #80

just to sum it up

rex: newschoolers are noobs
shelly: was not the point of rex
rubben: we are not, fu** you rex, I also hate you now! and RELAX YOUR ANUS
chance: trololololol

np np :cool: