Dirty Bomb Founders Skins.

(thesuperchris) #41

I’m genuinely happy for you to have experienced the excitement of being a part of a game so early on in it’s infancy, kudos to you. Do you have all the founders skins btw?

(light_sh4v0r) #42

A number of long-time community members received VIP status and the ultimate founders pack (with all the skins, tshirt, hoody, beany, signed poster etc.) for free, by invitation.
So most people you see on here with Founders status and a join date long ago have the complete package.

(thesuperchris) #43

…well ain’t that just lovely. And here I am being the supreme asshole of the internet for asking to purchase a lesser copy of those skins without all the fancy “FOUNDERS” status, or augments, or cool camo. Jesus what and intolerable an unreasonable asshole I am.

(montheponies) #44

Agreed.

.10chars

(TastyTease) #45

People with the Founders Pack have made this game possible, by giving money for the project to actually start up… and/or providing lots and lots and LOTS of of input about what they would like in the game (“Shaped by Gamers”)… it’s really a service for Splash Damage fans. They played the game in its infancy, have endured lots of bugs, server problems, unfinished content, features being added and removed again etc. etc. I don’t have Founders skins, even though I joined early in the beta but forgot my login. When I finally registered again under this name, it was my own fault for not paying attention to announcements about when they were having their tests that would reward people participating. They needed people, I wasn’t there to contribute, I don’t get rewarded. Simple. You don’t see me be a b*tch about it. Just the way it is. Good luck, hope you can still enjoy playing the game.

(thesuperchris) #46

It’s not the game that makes it not enjoyable, it’s the locked out content. I don’t agree with it so I won’t be supporting this company any longer. If they actually cared they would see that, but they don’t so I no longer care to support their endeavors. I hope those that have purchased the founders pack can keep them going, I mean it’s not like money from New supporters is needed right?

(BioSnark) #47

Haven’t noticed that companies are breaking content exclusivity. Sounds like it defeats the whole point of value via rarity.

(thesuperchris) #48

I don’t know what games you’ve played that didn’t at some point release the content as is later on, Black Ops as a franchise did it, Batman, Street Fighter, Battlefield, the list goes on and on. There is a minority of people that even know about this content, and when that minority feels that they should also be compensated after let’s say buying all the mercs in Dirty Bomb, or failing to realize that they cannot obtain this content after putting how much money into the elite cases, I’m sure some of them will be a bit upset, especially when after pleading to the developers they are told too bad so sad you can’t have it. It’s not that we don’t want you to have the content, it’s that we just don’t want you to have the content. Yes you may have supported us more monetarily by purchasing all the mercs and some elite cases, but we just don’t feel you as deserving as those that knew about this project in alpha somehow, since we did almost nothing to advertise the projects existence, and if your one of those people that likes variety in content your just **** out of luck, we know we didn’t get the word out as evident that most of you don’t even know of this contents existence but we don’t want to break our creed, our word, our sacrificial bond to the founders who somehow knew about this game from some small part of game coverage media.

Like I said, if I’m not good enough to get this content, and not even the exact same content I am totally willing to get less in the way of bells and whistles example no founders status text on the loadout cards or even any additional augments, then obviously I am not valued as a customer or consumer of their product. So in what reality would I be fed **** and kindly ask for more?

(Raviolay) #49

It’s bloody skins and a weapon tag, that has zero effect on the gameplay get over it. Or better yet you can pay me way over the odds for this “content” when trades become a thing. This reminds me of Halo, CAN I HAZ RECON…

Let me guess you the sort who will go out and buy “collectors” editions of games that come with cheap tat. I got this “content” as I paid way over the odds to play a unfinished product £210 (f2p game), just like star citizen & Elite.

So if you fancy paying me £250 (inflation) for some skins, I can then spend that on cases, what do you thinks the better value proposition? Or are you that anal you need a skin that you can see 90% of the time:eek:

(thesuperchris) #50

To some people it’s not a big deal, to some it is, it’s pretty much as simple as that. I’ve already admitted to paying for cosmetic items for an unfinished product, that being Brink. I wouldn’t mind paying you for all 5 skins when trading becomes or if it comes available, but then again I highly doubt I’ll be doing that since I don’t support the developers decision to lock out content like this.

To tell me to get over and argue that it’s not a big deal can easily be said about the developers decision as well. Not giving it to people is not a big deal, but giving the content to people is a big deal… for some reason.

(BioSnark) #51

Did they actually advertise things as exclusive and not timed exclusive? Seems like they could get sued for false advertising.

I’d be pretty pissed if I paid up to a dozen times more than I pay for finished games to to be a founder, with all the perks that entailed, including access to an alpha that, for a while, crashed 5 minutes into a match on my system, and then Splash Damage turned around and started selling the content I was promised exclusivity on. They’d be going back on the deal. If you think the customer is always right and all that jazz (work retail and I suspect you will change your mind), you shouldn’t be asking Splash Damage to betray their customers by breaking their deal.

(thesuperchris) #52

The thing is, other companies release the skins, but not all the other stuff such as exclusive clan tags,player cards, etc. but yes they do release the skins that were offered as exclusives. The way they get around it is by stating you go it “now” rather than waiting until later on, as a matter of fact I don’t know too many developers that give you all that kind of content for paying into the alpha, usually you just get access to the game early and that’s it. Not that it matters, but I’ve worked more than just retail to understand how consumerism works. Which is why I am doing the absolute only thing I can justifiably do, not support them going forward.

I’m sure there is another developer out there making a game just as good as Dirty Bomb, and won’t lock out content if you CHOOSE to buy it, and they don’t make it IMPOSSIBLE for you to get it if you didn’t know about it years before, when nobody but a few heard of it’s existence. Pretty plain and simple, I tried to make a reasonable alternative and you still pretty much said **** you, and **** everyone else for missing out on it. So, uninstall, and money goes to someone else. Supply and demand at it’s finest, if you can’t supply me with what I want, and probably what every other player would like to have the option of having, then you won’t get what you want, my money, and if you think this developer doesn’t want money just take a look at their store page, and look who they are working for, Nexon.

(BioSnark) #53

If companies are releasing things that were promised as exclusive and not timed exclusive, then they’re pretty **** to the customers they lied to. What is unreasonable is asking Splash Damage to essentially be bribed to break their deal. It isn’t less unreasonable just because they are not breaking every element of the deal.

As an aside, founders do not get all the content. Perhaps your argument is based on that assumption.

Oh yeah, and I’d be delighted to sell you my steam account with the Dirty Bomb founder’s key on it. Sadly, I can not, however, guarantee I won’t change my mind about giving you the account after I receive your money. You will, of course, be understanding in either outcome.

(thesuperchris) #54

What? Steam has been getting away with shady **** for years now and you think some company is going to be held accountable in a court of law over some cosmetic skins?! I pre-ordered Black Ops 2, they offered nuke town as a preorder bonus, and as a zombie map on top of that, you know what happened? They released it later on, for free! You know what I thought immediately when seeing that on the store page! That’s great, more people to play with, more people that get to enjoy what I have been enjoying, not **** THIS OMG THEY SAID IT WAS JUST FOR MEEEEEEH, I PREORDERED AND THOSE PLEBS DIDN’T, I TOOK THE RISK OF PREORDERING THEY DIDN’T DO ****, THEY DON’T DESERVE IT!!!

For some reason, people have come under the assumption that I am being selfish or unreasonable. I am asking for everyone to get the skins only, not the founder status, not the augments associated with the cards, not even the same camo as the founder skins so you can obviously tell the difference between a founder and non founder in a number of ways. But no, that’s unreasonable and I am selfish for it. Not the people who bought the founders pack and don’t want others to have access to the same, but dumbed down version of the content, no that’s not selfish at all, that’s exclusive and that’s what it means to be exclusive. Well, you guys can be exclusive all you want, I’ll just take my money elsewhere, where it will be appreciated.

(thesuperchris) #55

Psssh, oh no, this is Nexon they are working for, founder or not, you think they are gunna give them any mercs for free?! I know they won’t do that, that’s not unreasonable either is it? And as for the founder key on your account, this is why I would rather them release it rather than having to go into the back alley of the internet for some clothes for a character in a video game, and no btw, I do not want to buy your founders key on your account I learned my lesson again through Nexon while playing Maplestory, never give up the money or something of monetary value if you are the one with the money or monetary value first, ever.

(BioSnark) #56

[QUOTE=thesuperchris;532966]What? Steam has been getting away with shady **** for years now and you think some company is going to be held accountable in a court of law over some cosmetic skins?! I pre-ordered Black Ops 2, they offered nuke town as a preorder bonus, and as a zombie map on top of that, you know what happened? They released it later on, for free! You know what I thought immediately when seeing that on the store page! That’s great, more people to play with, more people that get to enjoy what I have been enjoying, not **** THIS OMG THEY SAID IT WAS JUST FOR MEEEEEEH, I PREORDERED AND THOSE PLEBS DIDN’T, I TOOK THE RISK OF PREORDERING THEY DIDN’T DO ****, THEY DON’T DESERVE IT!!!

For some reason, people have come under the assumption that I am being selfish or unreasonable. I am asking for everyone to get the skins only, not the founder status, not the augments associated with the cards, not even the same camo as the founder skins so you can obviously tell the difference between a founder and non founder in a number of ways. But no, that’s unreasonable and I am selfish for it. Not the people who bought the founders pack and don’t want others to have access to the same, but dumbed down version of the content, no that’s not selfish at all, that’s exclusive and that’s what it means to be exclusive. Well, you guys can be exclusive all you want, I’ll just take my money elsewhere, where it will be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

What I’m reading is, “Companies are cheating customers left and right. Quick, jump on the douche canoe and go with the flow, SD! Also, it’s okay that I’m bribing you to break deals with many customers because I’m not asking you to break all elements of the deal, just some.”

That assumption is also incorrect.

That’s good because I was illustrating a point rather than actually offering a deal. You don’t want to participate in some shady grey market deal yet you want all deals to be equally unreliable.

(thesuperchris) #57

That’s your opinion, and you are more than entitled to it, if they gave all the founders all the mercs for free, more power to the founders, it’s not like I was asking for the mercs I was planning on purchasing them all until this came into the equation. But if that’s how you feel, then that’s how you feel, keep supporting them, I on the other hand will not, and that’s pretty much it. Even if they come out with skins better than the ones the founders got, I still won’t be supporting them, as I don’t agree with any company that locks out content from it’s customers. There are some people that won’t support games because they don’t support 60 frames per second, or an FOV slider, or a number of other features, I fall into that category, and it is sad because I really do enjoy this game. But like I said what else can I do other than fight back with the only weapon I have, my money.

I didn’t assume anything, I know there was purchasable packs, one got you all the skins. I didn’t think they got all the mercs just for buying the founders pack, as in the ability to have all the mercs unlocked, nothing to do with the skins.

(BioSnark) #58

I’m still left wondering why you preordered Black Ops 2 when you thought it was giving exclusive content. Surely that was an unacceptable red line to cross.

(thesuperchris) #59

I didn’t care if it was exclusive, or non-exclusive, I just wanted it, so I went about getting it. I didn’t care if other people could get it later on or at that moment. The thing I am arguing about on this topic is, I did not know anything about this game before 1-2 weeks before the closed beta was shut down. I never heard of Dirty Bomb before that. Like I said you are more than welcome to search “Dirty Bomb Pre-Alpha” on youtube or even google and tell me if any of those media coverage outlets are one that you follow, and if they are ones that you follow, look how many views it got. I’m saying that it is unreasonable for them to act in this manner because there was no where near enough coverage of the game for them to be putting out exclusive content like that as only a very small handful of people would’ve known about it. It’s not like this was showcased at E3, or giving out access to the alpha by pre-ordering one of their other titles, there was almost nothing known about this game before closed beta, and the only reason i knew about the closed beta was because of steam. I went on twitch and asked a few streamers if they new about a founders pack for dirty bomb, guess how many knew? I’ll save you the trouble, none, nobody knew about it. You can go on youtube and look for “dirty bomb founders pack skins” and you will find maybe one video of someone showing it, at the end of the video. I am upset because it was irresponsible of them to put out exclusive content like that because it almost guaranteed a tiny portion of the community would have it. That may have been the idea, but the founders pack owners got alot of other stuff too, that they are giving out, like the hoodies etc. and I don’t see them getting pissed off that everyone is getting the same hoodie they got.

Why don’t they put out some content that everyone BUT the founders pack owners could get, how do you think that would make people feel. Same difference.

(Volcano) #60

better luck next time