Consite B.O.B - The Unofficial Project Continuation

(SebaSOFT) #81

Don, I have no problems. You are putting your fingerprint on the map. just watch out for file sizes since custom textures add to the pk4 size

(Violator) #82

Jesus. My Hotel!

(Donnovan) #83

Some changes on the Subway.

(Ashog) #84

oooooooooh! thats sweet. I hope it plays as sweet as it looks.

(Donnovan) #85

“Play sweet” in terms of FPS or in terms of GAMEPLAY?

The changes are:

> Metro tunnel:

• Roof Rised;
  • Added rock on the working area of the tunnel (the place where the work mens are creating more tunnel).
  • Added some vehicle clip brushs to help vehicle drive.

> Living Room:

• Rised Roof;
  • Added floor lamps;
  • Added frames arround green area on center;
  • Removed vehicle restrictions;
  • Made signs unsolid to avoid irreal vehicle collisions (Hog X Sign, Sign Win!).

> General changes:

• Reduced light on ambient lights;
  • Increased light radius on light entities to counterpart the light reduction on ambiewnt light.

(Donnovan) #86

Rocka!

Base: The original consite “orange lights” dark tunnel!

(Donnovan) #87

The new “Barricade”. +Rolleyes+

Workman place tunnel metro golden mayer:

(SebaSOFT) #88

The changes are awesome, try to playtest it puting a tormentor inside the tunnel, That happens a lot on the map…

(taw_m0nsta) #89

I hope you didn’t brighten up that orange tunnel too much, love the darkness in there.

(Violator) #90

Tunnel is nice, very ‘on the way to Blofeld’s underground lair’ vibe :slight_smile: Is it meant to be snow in the bottom shot though or quartz / unrefined steedium?

(Donnovan) #91

I’m changing the rock texture to appears more like criptonita and not snow.

(Donnovan) #92

"His eyes was fix on the sky, while the angels army unrised on earth. Many of then with a very high scalon. With no knowledge from the arrounds, he negociated the human existence.”

FIRST RELEASE HERE!

You can download the map on this link: http://etqw-mapping.googlecode.com/files/zz_consite_b3.pk4

I really want your help to test this first release in term of basics… because gameplay tests will take more time to go!

Thankyou!

(SebaSOFT) #93

Thanks, it was ment to be a significative darknes altough no quite pitch black yo you could still play. It allowed some hiding spots and cool flashes from the weapon’s Muzzle.
In the other hand it deserved a little brightup, ETQW isn’t a stealth game, and hidding campers don’t last long in a place like that.

Traveling in the Hog or a Jeep felt great tough, Did you look at mirrors and reflection in there?

(Donnovan) #94

Since the tunnel lights vanish at a small distance. A great part of the tunnel will be always dark (only ambient light).

But if you use the command net_allowCheats 1 and r_useMaxVisDist 0 you can see all the lights on at the same time (its what i did for the screenshots).

(Ashog) #95

Great Don! Can’t wait to test it next Nirvana!

And yes, I meant the gameplay sweetness.

(SebaSOFT) #96

Here in the cerolaf forum they are asking me if the data icon problem is fixed in the last OBJ. This may be an old problem.

(Donnovan) #97

Data icon problem? Its something related to the data brain position or transmiter position on the command map?

(SebaSOFT) #98

I guess is related to the Data Brain Position

(taw_m0nsta) #99

Cool changes guys, did a quick test drive to see if all objectives act normal. Noticed a few graphic related things.
I added some comments for each screenshot.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103948665826668909555/ConstructionSiteB3

There maybe where a bit too many hogs there, but in overall I like it! Especially great to see lots of textures improvements. (not sure about the huge faces on the walls, missing the link…)

(Donnovan) #100

Monsta, thanks for the comments and photos. Isee your fps is really low, you fixed it on 30?