Consite B.O.B - The Unofficial Project Continuation

(taw_m0nsta) #101

Yes i am running the game on pretty low setting (yes with fps set on 30), can give it a try by setting everything all on max. But still, a lot of active players are using low config settings so, could be an annoying bug for them…

(Donnovan) #102

I checked the data brain icon, and it is ok, showing where the data brain really is.

(SebaSOFT) #103

Don, M0nsta, I made some comments on the pictures, problems are portals and atmospheres. The “blessing” need to be trigger_hurt, or we will see lots of Stroggs walking on it for the first objective…

(Donnovan) #104

Trigger hurt that kill the stroggs will also destroy GDF vehicles. Its odd, but happens.

But i can put trigger hurt only on the “blessing” roof, so stroggs trying to go up there got killed.

(SebaSOFT) #105

yeah that would work, make sure it dissapears with the blessing shield after the angel is bye bye :smiley:

obituary:

• Player has been blessed!
  • Player went to heaven!
  • Player saw the light!
  • Player was take by the holy spirit!

(Donnovan) #106

Seba, dont you want to create another repository for Consite B3? I changed many things on the files (example, joined all atmos & ambient files in one), and believe this can cause some mess in the original consite repository.

If this substantial change on the used files etc is not a problem, i will commit it in the end of the week.

I can download the b2 repository, replace and add the new files in using copy and paste and then commit it? SVN will not think i’m trying to fool it?

(SebaSOFT) #107

It’s OK, SVN saves a revision of the entire repository each time you commit, we can still go back to B2 safely

(taw_m0nsta) #108

Just tested it again by changing all the graphic settings on ‘high’ and its giving me the same little graphic issues.

(Donnovan) #109

Oh! Sorry monsta! I was just asking if you got low fps because i saw 30 fps on all shots, was not talking about low settings! Just now i noticed you tought i was believing the errors was due to low settings. Was not my intent!

The black wall is a portal that vanishs too much fast. I will change the maxVisDist of this portal.

Thanks!

(taw_m0nsta) #110

[QUOTE=Donnovan;395562]Oh! Sorry monsta! I was just asking if you got low fps because i saw 30 fps on all shots, was not talking about low settings! Just now i noticed you tought i was believing the errors was due to low settings. Was not my intent!

The black wall is a portal that vanishs too much fast. I will change the maxVisDist of this portal.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
No problem men, just wanted to see the difference for myself. Made some nice screenshots again hehe.
Besides the glossiness effect (because of the mist?) does atmosphere creates some sort of gray/old effect over every object?

(Donnovan) #111

Monsta, have TAW played any match on Consite B4? I believe you guys are the only ones that i can expect to play it. So all gameplay feedback will come from you guys.

(SebaSOFT) #112

Don, will next Nirvana feature the B3? I will try to gather my friends here

(Donnovan) #113

Yes Seba! Consite b3 is on the nirvana server, on the new/updated campaign.

Be sure to record demos! And take a look in my rent a server topic, may be you know some server host that works fine to you and your pals.

Ah, sorry all for talking bout b4, last one is b3 , b4 just exist in my drive.

(.Chris.) #114

Feedback from Sunday.

The jesus statue is just effectively the same as the gate objective but indoors. I see no reason what so ever for an objective before the hack objective, it just slows the game down without any action taking place. As suggested just make a forward spawn in that building, one that can be actually taken back by GDF if they wish to push into that building. This will tempt the GDF out of construction site more as they try to push the Strogg back to their first spawn, be bit risky but with great reward.

The hack objective seems OK, it’s never been much of a problem, when Strogg have the suggested forward spawn they will be able to apply constant pressure on the objective now that they are multiple entrances to the construction site.

The cell objective needs some tweaks. As someone already said you can grab the cell the moment the hack has been completed, you need a delay, this is standard for any objective. The small forward spawn exit on the left is just a murder route, the problem is that the GDF have the higher ground and the outside ground combined, call in some med crates and you can hold that exit quite comfortably. Plus it’s really narrow, the GDF outside have lots of room to maneuver and dodge nades, Strogg are screwed, they can’t move.

On left is what you have now, on right is what would help as it gives Strogg more room to move.

(SebaSOFT) #115

We delayed the avilability of the Data Brain by slowly open the Shopping center doors, is that what you are talking about?

(.Chris.) #116

Someone in other thread said you can get the brain instantly after finishing the hack if you wait there. If this true it needs fixing.

(Donnovan) #117

Lakers was asking for a bigger delay, so gdf can set up better defense.

The doors open slowly, but the tunnel shield instantly disapears, and using the 2 hogs that spawn in tunnel on this obj, strogg can reach really fast the data brain, since hog can do 95% of the way from tunnel entrance to data brain.

On B2 the hogs get stuck at the end of the tunnel, so half or more the way need to be done by foot.

Those kind of delays can fix the blocky angel objective.

About strogg stuck on obj 3, yes, i will use many of the time for B4 adding passages on the buildings, holes on the walls and, mainly, adding stuff for strogg cover on the streets/blocks.

About the streets/block covers, i just need to think is something other than crates, crates and more crates… I’m in search of a bus model, and i also can use destroyed strogg/gdf vehicles, but i would like to do the best on that, so i will search for many options and use all the ones that seens good, not just destroyed vehicles (those will be just a few).

Its not that easy to find stuff to put in the middle of streets. But i will find!

(SebaSOFT) #118

In the Subway site you can add another blinds door at the entrance of the shooping mall (the corridor next to the strogg forward spawn.

(Ashog) #119

I think you should seriously reconsider early Chris idea about placing a barrier/door to the cell location which will become obj 2. This will slow strogg and let gdf get to defence in time or to disarm. I would even suggest placing blinds to the entrance of the tree-room which will open in 30 seconds after obj 1 is done, so that strogg can’t plant door immeadiately while gdf getting there.

Removing angel objective will allow to have this 2nd explode objective and fighting around it. Because now, mostly after the first taking and running with cell by Strogg, GDF tend to not go down anymore, but rather camp aoutside at the escalator. If the cell barrier is not yet exploded, it will afford longer indoors fighting down there which is imho nice.

About wider escalator - good idea but if it will not fit the catwalk anymore, a solution could be to place another, third escalator not too far away from the second to allow to sidetrack camping gdf.

I was just thinking - what about placing the hotel into the corner to the right side of the transmit building? One could make it a capturable GDF forward spawn with vehicles. The transmit could then be moved to the left building where now GDF spawn is. In this way it will be same distance to the transmit for GDF and Strogg from spawns and close to same distance from the cell location. GDF could then also manually spawn at Base, which will be then also close to same distance to transmit.

The empty building near escalator has ambient lighting problems, also the outside tunnel to consite while driving hog. This tunnel is also quite useless at the moment. The blue shield is nice but with no angel it will be useless too. What about making this shield smaller or/and placing it in such a way that it simultaneously protects GDF spawn and the underground tunnel entrance? (so that when 1st obj is hacked, the whole shield disappears)

Also notice problem with 1st obj anansi moving itself after it spawns, often resulting in impossibility to use it.

P.S. Where is that mysterious bus stop with u-boot sound? :slight_smile:

(SebaSOFT) #120

[QUOTE=Ashog;395942]Because now, mostly after the first taking and running with cell by Strogg, GDF tend to not go down anymore, but rather camp aoutside at the escalator. If the cell barrier is not yet exploded, it will afford longer indoors fighting down there which is imho nice.

[/QUOTE]
This si really bad an unintended…

Or blocking the direct view of the openning so snippers can’t shoot the lemmings right away, bus stops helps in this.
In-building subway routes are also a choice.

Need to make the whole Subway station attractive again, think the Rush BF3 map . . .

Regards :slight_smile: