Consite B.O.B - The Unofficial Project Continuation

(Breo) #41

[QUOTE=Donnovan;393938]The city green field protection (kills the strogg):

[/QUOTE]

pls…where is the hidden face-can’t see it.

(Donnovan) #42

another shota from comtunnel:

(Runeforce) #43

Truly amazing!

(Donnovan) #44

In green shield we believe…

The ugly city is ugly…

(Ashog) #45

what are strogg pillars doing near gdf hack objective? they don’t fit there imho.

(Donnovan) #46

When you see it you will **** bricks.
Dificult:Very Easy.

(Ashog) #47

Bricks… is it painful, right?

(Violator) #48

The dig at the hack was unearthing some ancient buried Strogg stuff hence the pillars :).

How has opening up the roof of the dig affected performance? The whole building was portalled off before.

(Donnovan) #49

Its still portaled, the roof portal turns dark grey right after its invisible by the ground players (flyers can see this dark grey more often, but only they will have that problem).

There is not internal portal anymore since i lowered all the inside walls to give the idea that the really rigid and fixed structure is only the corner walls.

I did other changes on the site, some could improve performance, the change on the central building could decrease performance, for players on the site outside the building, but for players far away i believe not.

I will make some performance tests: Consite B2 X Consite BOB

(Donnovan) #50

Violator, if i remember right i asked you to not open the building, dont?

(Violator) #51

Yes, it was meant to be closed off for performance reasons as there is a lot of stuff in there, will be good to see how the new version handles :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #52

Violator, I’m compiling the map with the Consite B2 atmosphere to cut off sun shadows + post process differences. Then i will make performance tests on the construction site.

(Donnovan) #53

Outside the performance is pretty similar. Inside the building you do not gain much more FPS than what you have outside… but in some places (inside) your FPS goes considerably high.

This happens because in most situations inside the engine cannot skip the outside rendening. When this is able to happens FPS goes considerablely up.

[i]********* @ CONSITE TEAM *********[/i]

[b]I have a playable version. Its still build on the “consite” base name (references, scripts, folders, etc…).

What the guys from consite project think? Release it as Consite B3 or better to change its base name to not comflict with original consite project?

I can release a private version so you guys can take a look on it.[/b]

(light_sh4v0r) #54

I can live with it either way personally. I like the work you’ve done on it and I really wouldn’t mind if you kept this as consite. But then again you haven’t touched my stuff, so the others might feel differently :wink:

(Donnovan) #55

I have removed some models from you GDF base (not the fort) to make it simple, Light_shavor. Fort is untouched.

(SebaSOFT) #56

I’ve created a branch, but I’m OK with it being consite B3.

Go for it Don!

I’m really looking forward to your changes to the subway part!

(light_sh4v0r) #57

:open_mouth:
it’s all good :slight_smile:

(Violator) #58

We’ve got it all under source control so am happy to make it consite B3.

(SebaSOFT) #59

Yes, Consite B2 is revision 929

(shirosae) #60

[QUOTE=Donnovan;394729][i]********* @ CONSITE TEAM *********[/i]

[b]I have a playable version. Its still build on the “consite” base name (references, scripts, folders, etc…).

What the guys from consite project think? Release it as Consite B3 or better to change its base name to not comflict with original consite project?

I can release a private version so you guys can take a look on it.[/b][/QUOTE]

You have my blessing to play with it all as you see fit.