ClientPrediction restrictions in competition servers?

(Dthy) #61

[QUOTE=Kordin;396210]ofc hax settings, but from dthy! :smiley:

i wanna know how this new illusion trap works, TELL ME NOOOOOOW![/QUOTE]

Well, you have to get crushed by a mining laser, then a door, then a supply crate. Once this is done, you unlock a super secret level 5 battlesense award called “Ghost”. Ghost allows you to have a fake player model take your place for five seconds. I thought everyone knew about this?

@r3fleX I’ve gotten used to them, I can’t play with any others now :smiley:

(r3fleX) #62

aha okay i’ll never leave my ET hitsounds :slight_smile:

Back to the thread… last night we played on the FTML server 1 and it had the clientprediction restrictions 0-20… joined this morning and neither server had the clientprediction restrictions? :rolleyes: I did load the CB4on4 server cfg :confused:

(.N.E.R.D.) #63

I played with mario too but the piano is just too much spam :slight_smile:

(Ecano) #64

****ing Awesome! These Mario sounds makes my day! :smiley:

btw evidence your insane condiction:D

(Kl3ppy) #65

gg no settings set! good job

(Seanza) #66

Thread needs more Seanza.

(BMXer) #67

more Seanza :wink:

(Seanza) #68

JayJay <3

(r3fleX) #69

Was looking through a few demo’s from the other day and come across this lovely clip…

//youtu.be/k_xKbZ81-KY

This is what its like playing 40% through my screen :slight_smile: (sound is from slowmo stretching in vegas at the end)

(Brontoz) #70

Hm, i can make 20 same clips from games against you, failWhale and any other team… What for? I think every player in some moments can be unhitable.

(r3fleX) #71

Yea ofc, i used to always get called an “unhit spasti” by j4b back in the days… was good times… well i just made it mainly to re-assure myself that its not my aim that is faultering just the game. Cos it can be super frustrating dieing in situations similar to this and you never know wether they were actually unhit or wether your aim was failing.

(Rex) #72

Looking forward to it! :smiley:

(Celebrian) #73

[QUOTE=r3fleX;396605]Was looking through a few demo’s from the other day and come across this lovely clip…
This is what its like playing 40% through my screen :slight_smile: (sound is from slowmo stretching in vegas at the end)[/QUOTE]
U are happy man, if from few demos u have only this episode ;] I have that kind of things every 2-3 minuts ;]

//youtu.be/IDfxh6tsrJ4

(rUBBEN) #74

I thought it was only against stupidoz :confused: :rolleyes:

(Rex) #75

:smiley: Was nice, but too short :frowning: Please do more Celebrian!

(Ashog) #76

Hehe at the graphics settings. I mean, is it possible to dumb down etqw moar? Well, I guess it is, but not too much :wink:

What’s funny is actually why the players have to dumb down a 5-6 y/o game so much to be able to play competitively. What I mean is, it doesn’t tell anything good about ETQW engine. Reminds me about how much I hate this game, even though I love it. And I haven’t said anything about netcode yet…

/back to defense grid

(DrFunkenstein) #77

Can someone explain what these cvars actually do and perhaps more importantly, how changing those cvars would affect other players on a server. They all have the word client in them…

Here’s what SD has to say about them:

net_clientMaxRate - maximum rate requested by client from server in bytes/sec, type: int
net_clientMaxPrediction - maximum number of milliseconds a client can predict ahead of server, type: int
net_clientPrediction - additional client side prediction in milliseconds, type: int

(If you type htmlcvars in the console, the game will produce a document aptly named “cvars.html” that contains a list of all the cvars in the game and a brief description of what they do. I just copied the info from that document.)

Dr. Funkenstein

(rUBBEN) #78

makes a you cheat

makes you cheat and be spotted

makes you cheat and be spotted AND your feet smells like old french cheese

np np, contact me if you have any question !

(DrFunkenstein) #79

Lol, that’s an answer but not exactly an explanation :slight_smile: .

It’s a genuine question: how can you affect the game of other players on the server by simply changing a couple of cvar settings on the client side?

Dr. Funkenstein

(Dthy) #80

[QUOTE=DrFunkenstein;396958]Lol, that’s an answer but not exactly an explanation :slight_smile: .

It’s a genuine question: how can you affect the game of other players on the server by simply changing a couple of cvar settings on the client side?

Dr. Funkenstein[/QUOTE]

The only way i’ve noticed a different is by playing against someone with positive/default settings, then negative settings. Negative always seems harder to hit, but im not sure if it’s just a placebo affect.