ClientPrediction restrictions in competition servers?

(Ecano) #41

[QUOTE=Arien;396091]why not 0-20? 99% players play with 0.
because you can not do the right thing and be as you want?
dont understand …[/QUOTE]

qft
+would like to know reason behind if is not a typo

Here they are:

seta net_clientRepeaterDelay “1.5”
set net_serverMaxClientRate “20000”
set net_serverSnapshotDelay “2”

pb_sv_cvar net_clientMaxRate IN 16000 30000
pb_sv_cvar net_clientMaxPrediction IN 0 1500
pb_sv_cvar net_clientPrediction IN 0 20

(SGB) #42

Do you really think that will be a big difference between prediction 0 and 1 ?
I think there’s something maybe wrong in your head, it’s just mental… but i could go just wrong
You want to see net limitation and when it’s done, you still want changes.
Are you serious ? I know you will unsatisfied whatever we will do on server setting…
Let’s try with these settings and then we will improve if it needed !
People forget that a only one person can do this and he can’t spend all his time to change server settings…
It require times and times, don’t you know that people have a life (working, family…) and cannot be always on this forum or and server.
I don’t like the way you ask us to do this, there’s a lack of respect i think…
You can spend a lot time to write a lot of things and criticize just one net setting but you can’t change one line(value) of your cfg ?pffff…
I give the line… :

set net_clientPrediction1

SGB

(Kl3ppy) #43

We wanted a limitation from 0 to 20, not from 1 to 20 :rolleyes:

(Ecano) #44

[QUOTE=SGB;396097]Do you really think that will be a big difference between prediction 0 and 1 ?
I think there’s something maybe wrong in your head, it’s just mental… but i could go just wrong
Are you serious ? I know you will unsatisfied whatever we will do on server setting…
There will be always a thing to change and like this, we may perhaps stop shoutcast, who knows ?
It’s what you want dude, really ?

SGB[/QUOTE]

My point on this thread is only net settings and server config. Nothing to critize in FTML management.
I don’t see mayor difference for 0 and 1, you’re stating this also, so why don’t just set it as ppl is asking for?

By the way, I understand that a server with the ClanBase OpenCup 2009 4v4 rules and the FTM Map Pool is suitable for oficial matches.

(Dthy) #45

If their’s no difference then change it to 0, far easier than getting everyone to change it in their cfg’s.

(Finko) #46

I probably the only one who play with prediction 1 Q_Q

(Snotling) #47

I think there is a misunderstanding with my mates here. I never asked em to set the restriction from 1 to 20, it should be changed asap. Sorry.

(.N.E.R.D.) #48

Oh, but there is a difference. Not that I wanna flame or anything but maybe help you understand why all ppl are crying now. As I see it the prediction system works in steps so 1 and 20 is the same thing but 0 isn’t. You can easily check that with net_showasyncstats 1. For example on ad. server an prediction value of 1 (75-80ms) almost doubles the prediction compared to 0 (37-40).
Maybe now you understand.

(r3fleX) #49

[QUOTE=RE-L;396095]
Here they are:[/QUOTE]

Ah thats interesting, thanks ! =)

Well there is infact a big difference i find between 0 and 1… massive difference in terms of hit reg for me, which is why i play with 0 and not 1. :rolleyes:

Yes we wanted net limitation to the values we asked for, you changed them to values that people didn’t ask for, so what did you expect the reaction to be?!

Why does only one person have access to changing server cfg’s? Maybe delegate some responsibility between all admin members so that if one person suddenly falls of the planet we are not stuck with the same cfg for the entire time.

It’s not the effort required to change my cfg that is the problem because its just as easy for you to change the server cfg as it is my autoexec. It is that people discussed & agreed what limitations were reasonable… you even agreed to it then you suddenly change it to a different value. So what was the point in agreeing to change to 0-20 in the first place?

I can put up with these limitations as i know everyone else will be on equal terms… it just doesn’t make sense why you would agree 0-20 and then the only supposed millisecond of free time Goblin has and you change it to 1-20. :confused:

EDIT:

Thankyou.

(Arien) #50

Thank you =)

(Arien) #51

[QUOTE=SGB;396097]Do you really think that will be a big difference between prediction 0 and 1 ?
People forget that a only one person can do this and he can’t spend all his time to change server settings…
It require times and times, don’t you know that people have a life (working, family…) and cannot be always on this forum or and server.
I don’t like the way you ask us to do this, there’s a lack of respect i think…
You can spend a lot time to write a lot of things and criticize just one net setting but you can’t change one line(value) of your cfg ?pffff…
I give the line… :

set net_clientPrediction1

SGB[/QUOTE]

wondering who do you work? a politician?

(Ecano) #52

Issue closed.

Many thanks!

(Apples) #53

Because 0 is so mainstream :smiley:

(StupidoGoblin) #54

Well, servers are now set to :

pb_sv_cvar net_clientMaxRate IN 16000 30000
pb_sv_cvar net_clientMaxPrediction IN 0 1500
pb_sv_cvar net_clientPrediction IN 0 20

Thanks all for your support, and advices. Feel free to set game and tv servers and lend them for FTM League, your help and knowledges are always welcome. I hope everybody will have fun on next games.

(Crytiqal) #55

Team-Aero Comp Server had these restrictions since always

(Kordin) #56

All the net settings restrictions for nothing, dthwsh found something new and its even more evil than negative clientprediction! :smiley:

//youtu.be/Jf2WOcwVrCc

Go Vikings, Go Vikings, Go Vikings!

(Dthy) #57

[QUOTE=Kordin;396190]All the net settings restrictions for nothing, dthwsh found something new and its even more evil than negative clientprediction! :smiley:

//youtu.be/Jf2WOcwVrCc

Go Vikings, Go Vikings, Go Vikings![/QUOTE]

Lol! I didn’t even know that was happening. I thought we cleared the area! Thats a laggy server for you! I can record it from my POV if you want, i was crouched the whole time (rex style unhit crouching sk1llz)

(Dthy) #58

BOOM! The same moment from my POV. I was floating in Kordins’ but crouched in mine… Thats ETQW for you! :smiley:

//youtu.be/RKy--qSDG44

(r3fleX) #59

ahaha nice 1 dthy :slight_smile: but wtf are those hitsounds… they’d drive me insane :eek:

Seems like the model was messed up on your screen for some reason (hax settings? :D) and you were aiming at dthy’s head at a standing level… whereas Dthy was actually crouching so logically you shouldnt have been hitting him because his head was never at that height.

(Kordin) #60

ofc hax settings, but from dthy! :smiley:

i wanna know how this new illusion trap works, TELL ME NOOOOOOW!