(BT Infinity)OCB World Cup 3

(Shelly) #441

lol! sigh!

you know i was just saying to a mate, when i ran my own clans i often had to come to the old forums and apologize for something that went wrong or for clanmembers misbehaviour or whatnot. its a game nothing more, drama is part of the game, nothing more, nothing less. its nothing serious and should not be taken too serious.

however there are common social rules, even in games and on forums, that are not listed anywhere but we all have a common sense for them.

Respect is one of them.

Standing up for your own mistakes and apologizing is another.

I just wish one person would have the balls to come here and apologize to team germany for calling them cheaters and tarnishing their rep, coz thats the part that was unfair, nothing else. If you **** up its no big deal, we all make mistakes, but at least have the guts to say i did wrong or this was not so good or however you want to voice it doesnt matter, just do it… :rolleyes:

(Temujin) #442

USA did not have enough players and the polish team was consulted on the matter.

OCB world cup is supposed to be a somewhat informal cup, most teams were a mix of comp and pub players.
Ads has been working hard on organizing this cup and sometimes its been like herding cats.
Every year there has been people who didn’t grasp the format of this cup, and have given the organizers undeserved crap as a result.
Overall it has been good games and fun, people have been generally nice and pleasant to deal with.
Thanks to this ****ing **** tho, this year is the last time.
ggs

(Hackman84) #443

@ Shelly: Read this again please:

[QUOTE=r3fleX;381875]
4. The reason for the new CD Key was because earlier in the tournament Ads asked me to play under a fake nick for UKB Team which i did on my own account but then Bronto smurf checked before the game and said i was not allowed to play. So pretty clear i wouldn’t be allowed to play for germans on my own CD Key against Russia.[/QUOTE]

If I understand that correct, it means the following:
Russia did NOT allow for Samurai to merc in this match
They ON PURPOSE disguised Samurai so he could play the match

Do you really not see the difference between that and using a merc the opposing team approves of?

I think most of the hate could have been avoided if Team Germany would have explained that they are lacking the required player number. Also the stonewalling afterwards didn’t help. But damage controll has to be learned, not only by BP managers. :wink:
So more talking before = less hating afterwards :penguin:

(j4bster) #444

Samu said alle what is needed.

ps. Rex is a Spasti :>

(Brontoz) #445

MUCH CHEAPEST… I am giveup, looks like this Germany fanats will never understand what i am talking about this situation… Maybe its problems with my pathetic english skills or maybe i am too stoopid for explain it or they just dont want understand aything…I just would really like to see the reaction of the Troll’s like fleury and shelly on this forum, if
the Russian team had on this final 3 masked merks with new accounts and clean CDkeys ( Pliscin, Feruto and alself for exmple) and pwn team Germany without any problems even with samurai… Based on your posts, you would have to say something like "Oh, team Japan was has merk on 1st cup stage, so Russia can have merks on Cup Final against Germany too, great job team Russia! You are so ****ing awesome!!! " . What a lols…
I wanna say again tanks a lot to OCB for organization this very interest cup and wanna thanks to ADS personally becose this man have some adequate opinion and say about it to everyone… Becose it is adequate when some team are cheating on final ,this team should be kicked out…Situation with UK/B and mr.samurai, something like ads was wanna let him play … I dont know anything about it and dont wanna talk anything about it…
Good luck to everyone and have fun on next games.

(Shelly) #446

[QUOTE=Hackman84;381927]@ Shelly: Read this again please:

If I understand that correct, it means the following:
Russia did NOT allow for Samurai to merc in this match
They ON PURPOSE disguised Samurai so he could play the match

Do you really not see the difference between that and using a merc the opposing team approves of?

I think most of the hate could have been avoided if Team Germany would have explained that they are lacking the required player number. Also the stonewalling afterwards didn’t help. But damage controll has to be learned, not only by BP managers. :wink:
So more talking before = less hating afterwards :penguin:[/QUOTE]

lol, i could go on forever in this seriously. first of all russia did not know it was samurai ok? therefore they couldnt allow or not allow it. so that point is invalid. its not like samurai said he d play for germany, russia said no to that and then he came bk with a new key disguised as a german. it was not like that.
secondly samurai got that new key coz he was supposed to fakenick before for another team, read that quote you posted again pls… are you srsly trying to tell me that his first fakenicking wouldve been ok but his second fakenicking for team germany wasnt? ok to make it more clear, if you and i just killed a person we d both be murderers woudlnt we? whether our reasons differ, like for e.g. i killed someone coz they killed my mother and you killed someone coz you wanted their money, doesnt matter when it comes to the fact that we both killed someone and are murderers.

so again, let me get this straight. I am not saying what germany nor samurai did was good, however it was the same others including cup admins did too, whether their reasons were the better reasons or more honourable is not up to discussion, its still the same thing. but nobody was called cheaters ONLY team germany. AND exactly that is what annoys me so much.

thirdly, i believe in the match itself, before it even started, there were cup admins watching and supervising? why on earth did nobody ask before the match even started who is this fritz guy? why on earth did nobody say, wait we dont know this name, is he registered in team germany? can he play? Nobody said a word and accepted the match and played along. Now in theory, lets say this fritz guy wouldve been a ****ty player, nobody wouldve complained or asked Questions and this whole drama wouldve not even started. BUT no, just coz fritz/aka samurai is a good player Q s were asked and ppl wondered and fast the judgement was made that team germany are cheaters. LOL to that. Seriously.

IMO the decision that was made after that, saying that team germany is disqualified was wrong. Everyone that was there at match beginning, meaning the admins and team russia couldve asked Questions BEFORE match and couldve clearified things, they didnt. Match proceeded germany won, end of story. Germany is the winner. Now I dont begrudge team russia the win, they re a nice team and its fine that they are now the winners. But I do find it annoying that team germany are the asses now of the cup for doing something everyone else did too. God I dont know how many times i repeated that now…

(Shelly) #447

[QUOTE=Brontoz;381929]MUCH CHEAPEST… I am giveup, looks like this Germany fanats will never understand what i am talking about this situation… Maybe its problems with my pathetic english skills or maybe i am too stoopid for explain it or they just dont want understand aything…I just would really like to see the reaction of the Troll’s like fleury and shelly on this forum, if
the Russian team had on this final 3 masked merks with new accounts and clean CDkeys ( Pliscin, Feruto and alself for exmple) and pwn team Germany without any problems even with samurai… Based on your posts, you would have to say something like "Oh, team Japan was has merk on 1st cup stage, so Russia can have merks on Cup Final against Germany too, great job team Russia! You are so ****ing awesome!!! " . What a lols…
I wanna say again tanks a lot to OCB for organization this very interest cup and wanna thanks to ADS personally becose this man have some adequate opinion and say about it to everyone… Becose it is adequate when some team are cheating on final ,this team should be kicked out…Situation with UK/B and mr.samurai, something like ads was wanna let him play … I dont know anything about it and dont wanna talk anything about it…
Good luck to everyone and have fun on next games.[/QUOTE]

lool. thank you sir for calling me a troll. I like trolls, they re cute. apart from that i dont really care what you call me nor whether you think im being fanatic. I do care however for unfair judgements which happend in this case. its not about the result, you can have your win, its all fine and you deserve it, you ve got a good team and congratz. the only thing i dont like is the "cheaters"calling. I cant put it anymore simple for you. hope you understand.

(rUBBEN) #448

Ads you shouldn’t have been so agressive, you discredited yourself. Shame…

This, as OCB guys have said so far, was rather an unformal cup, why don’t you take things easy ?

(chump) #449

shoulda woulda coulda

thanks to ocb for organizing cup

(JinxterX) #450

Ads, I don’t think anybody is trying to tarnish your reputation, however, based purely on what you have posted in this forum along with members of sGs, assuming your own words (and theirs) are true, any negative perceptions about your conduct are uttlerly self inflicted. Is it a serious situation? No. Truth be told this whole debacle is completely irrelevant in the context of “the real world”.

If you needed help to organise your Cup then why not ask? There’s lots of good technically minded people around, friendly and willing to help (like me! lol :wink:) so don’t think you have to shoulder the burden of everything yourself. I’m aware we don’t know each other save for the odd word or two in QW, but I did actually try to contribute somewhat to your competition in these forums and spend some of my own time and effort to promote your event (including word of mouth to friends in QW).

You once banned me from your server for Tormentor Diving (not guilty your honour! :tongue:) and I must admit that coloured my view of you for a while, but it’s better to forgive and forget, because like many people in here say, there IS a community based around ETQW and I think it’s a really good one, despite all the personality conflicts and nonsense that goes on.

Events like the OCB World Cup and others, DO actually bring people together for fun times and healthy competitive behaviour, so it’s a shame when things get slightly spoiled by what I suppose could be described as inappropriate and contradictory actions justified by some sort of collective psychological mind melt occuring in the heat of the moment? lol :rolleyes:

So, thanks for bringing us the World Cup each year, it’s always fun and full of drama, hang in there duuuude :smiley:

@SereNade, um, LOL, you’re a funny guy :tongue:

@Shelly, you fanatical half-german you! lol :wink:

@Temujin, wow, you can talk! cool :smiley: now stop pwning me ingame everytime :mad: :wink:

@Chump, put your hacks away and play like a man! (joke) :slight_smile:

(Hackman84) #451

@ Shelly
What always matters and you are conveniently forgetting is the INTENT.
If you reread point 4 from Samurais post, he clearly states why he used a new cd key. Unless I’m missunderstanding him…
Brontoz had seen his nick and smurfchecked it before the Germany game, after that Brontoz said Samurai shouldn’t be allowed to play for Germany. So he went and used a new cd key to fool Bronto and play for Germany.
As far as I know no other team went through this trouble to use a replacement and always used replacements that were approved by the opposing teams. Or did ANY other team disguise one of their replacements and make them a secret? And violate the trust and expressed wish of the other team? If so please tell us who, Shelly!
Otherwise we’re just on a different page and this won’t lead anywhere…

(rUBBEN) #452

Completly forgot to say thank you, my " decent young guy who has a lot to learn " education isn’t completed yet… I forgive you :wink:

Thanks to OCB for this world cup, and especially ads who, I’m sure, spent a lot of time and neuronal activity to make this great event happen !

Snotling Apples and I had a Top 3 Worldwide Meeting, that’s what we said about this : use your mouth faur anything else than talking, guys ! (notice the mistake on “for”, snotling speaks a very bad english :confused: )

(YumYum) #453

Calling germans cheaters is overreacting, what they did was just really lame… Also gj fleury coming here to flame/troll everyone!

Germans didnt have any reason to have samurai playing in their team… (well except that he is really good aimer) Germany had 7 players and only 6 could play. In every map one german was on tv server watching the game, yeah really fun cup! I would have been pissed off if that would have happened to me. Why these guys didnt want to play and then let someone else from other country play for them? i mean, did the winning matter so much to them? (cant be, remember that this is a fun cup!)

And did someone really think there wouldnt be ****storm about this?

(Rex) #454

Watch your language, random noob.

(.Chris.) #455

[QUOTE=Ads913;381918]Chris
If i recall the kick off was 19:30 at 19:28 it was only me from my team.

i asked Samurai and others present on my teamspeak to play as a last resort to have a Game rather than not play .
If the game went ahead the game would go to Russia .But it didnt with all sorts of servers and referee needed to sorted before the game started it was chaotic 2 minutes. .Chris you didnt notice this as you turned up with jinx at the same time i asked him to the leave . i do have a demo of the game were i said to russia "it looked like i dont have a team "and “i will try just to have a game”.[/QUOTE]

OK so it was due to not having enough players which turned out to be not the case and he was dropped, understandable, Samurai worded it to make it like you was trying to pull a fast one like Germany, my bad.

Yeah it’s hard to know who to listen to, based on all the posts I think it was no single person’s fault or a single reason for all this but a multitude of situations and some bad decisions by all involved that have led up to the mess that is this thread.

(Dthy) #456

This thread has gotten to the point where it’s boring to troll in it.

(Celebrian) #457

I played for Russia team ;]
[whisper] I can not tell you where I am from, because everyone will accuse me of cheating [/whisper]

And I hope, you not sarcastic. ;p

P.S.: I hope you guys do not give up the idea to organize a tournament next year after all of these complexities.
Let there be OCB World Cup 4 in 2012!

(Shelly) #458

[QUOTE=Celebrian;381962]I played for Russia team ;]
[whisper] I can not tell you where I am from, because everyone will accuse me of cheating [/whisper]

And I hope, you not sarcastic. ;p

P.S.: I hope you guys do not give up the idea to organize a tournament next year after all of these complexities.
Let there be OCB World Cup 4 in 2012!
[/QUOTE]

i was not sarcastic =) your humour is great. =)

(jopjop) #459

But what about me what do I get! Our team (team fineland) was fintard only. To you all who have a contradicting opinion yumi was playing for us as a fin and for the other team as a girl. Our games didn’t quite go as planned but we had a nice rage going on that we kept in like it is the custom here (crying in forums doesn’t count).
So atleast I’m up for more games definetly… just contact yumyum the raging captain to whom I pledge allegiance to

(Singh400) #460

[QUOTE=.Chris.;381896]Apoc and Samurai should go into politics, they can be the new Miliband brothers :)[/QUOTE]Well Samu can be David, and Apoo can be Ed. Ed is ****, fact (offence intended Apoo if you can find two brains cells to rub together and read this! :tongue:). David on the other hand is BANANA MAN!

[QUOTE=JinxterX;381897]Yes, especially if you go back in this forum and start reading from here up until Samurai’s confession.

Honestly OCB, sGs and friends…erm seriously WTF? Have you guys got no integrity or respect for other people? Seems that way.

I know the World Cup is a “fun” tournament but it’s still competitive and you did make rules, so why break them? For the sake of a practical joke or to spice things up? Oh dear.

@Samurai, hey you should have bowed out when Germany had enough players and before the start of the match. You knew beforehand that Russia wouldn’t have agreed to your participation (they were following the rules in good faith).[/QUOTE]Agreed with everything you said there. The term “Do as I say, not as I do” comes to mind.

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;381932]Ads you shouldn’t have been so aggressive, you discredited yourself. Shame…

This, as OCB guys have said so far, was rather an informal cup, why don’t you take things easy?[/QUOTE]Scots by nature are aggressive, they don’t toss caber for fun. Well actually they do, but it helps channel their wanton aggressive. Ads obviously channelled his into picking on ze Rex and ze Germans.

[QUOTE=Dthwsh.;381961]This thread has gotten to the point where it’s boring to troll in it.[/QUOTE]There are no half-decent trolls about any more :frowning: Most trolls are trolls in a hoodie, the best ones are the ones that wear suits and are tall, dark and handsome. Not naming no names of course :smiley: