(BT Infinity)OCB World Cup 3

(Shelly) #461

all in all one thing is more than clear, quakewars is ALIVE and we need more cups. so go go go lets do more. im willing to sponsor servers.

P.S: seanza how about another resurrection cup?

(chump) #462

(Dthy) #463

Cheers for the compliments :smiley: But i don’t swing that way, sorry singh :stuck_out_tongue:

(Singh400) #464

[QUOTE=Dthwsh.;381981]Cheers for the compliments :smiley: But i don’t swing that way, sorry singh :p[/QUOTE]Ahhhh come over to the dark side :smiley:

(JinxterX) #465

Oh, my apologies, I didn’t realise you were someone more special than everyone else on planet Earth, come, come to me little baby, I will cradle you in my arms and sing you to sleep until this terrible experience is all over.

(JinxterX) #466

Well, you know where the door is, use it. Glitchy sniper guy.

(Kl3ppy) #467

hahah :smiley: :smiley:

(Singh400) #468

[QUOTE=JinxterX;381988]Oh, my apologies, I didn’t realise you were someone more special than everyone else on planet Earth, come, come to me little baby, I will cradle you in my arms and sing you to sleep until this terrible experience is all over.[/QUOTE]Don’t worry about ze Rex. He once told me “I don’t even normally speak to low skilled players like yourself Singh”.

We must all throw ourselves at ze Rex’s feet and beg for forgiveness from the almighty Germans.

(Rex) #469

Yep singh you’re right. Waste of time to talk to someone who doesn’t even know what a cup is.

(JinxterX) #470

Time to close the thread. Game’s over.

(Guardian99) #471

Right, I would like to clarify a few things that have been posted here, as I think most people will realise this has got a little out of hand, in many respects.

Firstly, I would like to deal with some of the decisions of this tournament and under whose authority they were made. The rules were clearly stated at the start of this competition and everyone was aware of them, and as is the practicality of laws in reality, ignorance is not an excuse. However, this isn’t as serious as murder, this is simply a fun competition with people who have real life commitments. This led to some rules having to be bent in order to make up numbers in certain circumstances. The decision to allow one of the NML team to play on two teams was not made by Ads nor was any influence made on the decision by him, it was made by me, and other teams were aware of this! (If anyone wishes to query that decision feel free to come and speak to me on the OCB forums, rather than this rumour mill.) You may question where I was, well, my PC was out of action so I was running the competition through emails with Ads and he and other members were doing the general running of the events.

Secondly, regarding the allegations of Ads trying to cheat, as Ads has previously explained no cheating occurred. He asked Samurai to play with a few others, Ads did not ask Samurai at any time to use a second CD Key so he could not be identified, he only asked him to play in order to ensure that Russia had a match with the UK B team, though Samurai did not play in the end. I was not present for this decision but let me be very, very clear on this; I support that decision one hundred per cent I was the person in charge of the competition and I would have made the same decision. The aim of the competition was to give the old boys and girls one last Hoorah in the game before its imminent death. Further still, the Russian team was aware of the possibility of additional players playing at all times.

Thirdly, as aforementioned by Ads and now by myself the reason for Temujin playing in the US game was to ensure that the Polish team got a full set of games without having to drop players and they were aware of this at the time. If you disagree with this feel free to query it but don’t expect a positive response. Therefore I had been or another admin acting on my behalf had been briefed every time that we were AWARE that an additional external player played and I gave my approval. There may be cases where mercs played that we were unaware of and anyone that orchestrated such activities should carefully consider the manner in which they acted.

Fourthly, constructive criticism has not been criticised in anyway that I have read, though I accept I may have missed something. The only criticism I have seen is against Ads and or the OCB due to prejudiced opinions. In fact, what I have read on here has mostly been malicious, slanderous and generally insulting.

Fifthly, I would like to come to the points concerning the Germany v Russia match and to explain why the circumstances were different;

-Firstly, both the Russian team and myself were unaware of who Fritz was at the time of play, unlike every previous occasion, this cannot in anyway be construed as anything except under hand.

-Secondly, unlike the aforementioned circumstances, there was no requirement in this case for Samurai to play for the German team at the time as they had six players, regardless of lag.

-Thirdly, the fact that they felt it necessary to disguise the identity of Samurai by using a second CD key simply illustrates the fact that they knew they were out of line and used this method to attempt to get away with it. However, I would like to commend Samurai for his honesty as when asked he did admit to playing as the Merc in the final.
-Fourthly, it was the final of the competition and Rex had managed to play throughout the rest of the tournament so to use lag as an excuse is hardly acceptable.

Finally regarding this topic, no offence was previously intended, nor any arrogance, I think the main issue is that this has been read into too much and some things regarding the humour and style of Ads writing have been lost in translation, unfortunately in this case, as many things do when people type them, the emotion and sentiment have become lost.

At the end of this I would like to state a few things firstly, a big thank you to the Russian team for acting in a dignified, polite and understanding manner about this as out of everyone on this forum they should be the most disgusted but they have in fact been the most dignified. Further I would like to thank Serenade for showing gracious loyalty to Ads despite coming under fire for it himself. I would also like to thank Ads and the other clan members for their assistance with the competition. Overall, I would like to also thank the participants for their participation this year I hope largely aside from this incident they have enjoyed the competition for all its merits and I look forward to play with as many of you as possible in Battlefield 3.

Finally a little <3 for that special person Olive (the non-pissface).

(Rex) #472

To sum it up, my complaints about the Cup led to the hate of the German team. “Fritz” was just a means to an end. I wasn’t even the only one who complained.
OCB is just not able to criticize.

(Seanza) #473

First publish the rest of your “favourite Scotsmen” list. After that, I may think about it.

(Shelly) #474

hahahhaa ^^ ok ok i ll add you to that list =D come on, your cups were always good and you organize these things easily, would be awesome to have more cups going.

(JinxterX) #475

[QUOTE=Guardian99;382005]
At the end of this I would like to state a few things firstly, a big thank you to the Russian team for acting in a dignified, polite and understanding manner about this as out of everyone on this forum they should be the most disgusted but they have in fact been the most dignified. Further I would like to thank Serenade for showing gracious loyalty to Ads despite coming under fire for it himself. I would also like to thank Ads and the other clan members for their assistance with the competition. Overall, I would like to also thank the participants for their participation this year I hope largely aside from this incident they have enjoyed the competition for all its merits and I look forward to play with as many of you as possible in Battlefield 3. [/QUOTE]

Firstly, wiping a tear from my eye, I feel compelled to respond to this dignified, polite and obviously completely accurate account of what happened and why. Secondly, furthermore I too would like to graciously thank Serenade for his gracious and unfailing loyalty to Ads despite coming under horribly horrendous and horrific harassment, hurtful and hateful, heinous comments by some particularly pathetic participating participants in this perilous place. Thirdly, Fourthly and Fifthly…oh what the heck… Sixthly, Seventhly and Eighthly, hey, you know what? Let’s go for it… Ninethly, Tenthly and Eleventhly possibly Twelvethly I would like thank the OCB and assorted alliances for such an amusing amusement, amusingly misconstrued by some as underhand. Finally at the start of the end, to begin with I’d like to thank my dog for being a dog (hey Zak, what ya sayin huh? cmon boy, cmon! good boooy!) for really helping me through this traumatic trauma by sleeping peacefully in his bed and occasionally looking up with curiously curious puppy dog eyes. Finally, and really finally I look forward to going forward and not back. :wink:

Aaaaw… Guardian! That’s soo cute, I could just hug you soo much right now, and yes, she is so, sooo special and certainly, in no way has piss ever, EVER been near her lovely face :eek::tongue:

(Shelly) #476

hahahhaa jinx, your post made me cry with laughter, that was awesome.

(Ashog) #477

and the moral of the story (at least for me) is that there is no moral among the German team. Any decent and fairly minded person, if he wants to engage a foreign player at least would notify the cup admin of the possibility to do so. That obviously haven’t been done. For me it is unthinkable, so I am convinced that the final disqualification actions by Ads are totally justified. The rest is irrelevant. Why Samurai agreed for that is even less understandable to me. What was he thinking at all?

To Apoc: about not being able to force Tanz to play. Well you could, you always can. It just takes some reasoning and persuading :wink:

To Tanz: you lazy bum, how could you decline playing for your country?! What kind of possible tasks could stand in the way? Oh well…

(Apples) #478

I wont even THINK about what he could’ve done instead of playing… No no it’s too horrible, nooooooooooooooooo

(konLiziuS) #479

xD is this brutto guy serious? :eek:

(r3fleX) #480

I don’t think it really matters at all anymore, a decision has been made and we should just draw a line under it and move on :slight_smile:

And lets focus on the positives that came out of this tournament

[QUOTE=r3fleX;382070]
Here’s a quick little video showing a few highlights from the OCB World Cup, i tried to get a variety of frags to include as many people as possible, however the demo’s i had were pretty limited from spectators and i had limited time available. So overall quite pleased with the outcome however, if i had alot more time… there would be many things i would of changed (or liked to add it) :smiley:

:)[/QUOTE]