Germany winning Volcano with 1 sec to go was prety epic

Strogg team from 11 v 11 contact ads to clame Steam game as must Best Vampire

Well done all teams

and well done ads and Gaurdian

Next year Scotland WILL ACHIEVE MEDIOCRATY

(Dthy) #242

GG’s to everyone involved! :slight_smile:

(Ads913) #243

Thanks to everyone who took part in the competition.
Germany Well done .

It was a real great game.
The second game on volcano was the turning point the Germans winning it by a whole second.
I wish to thank both teams.

Could the German players contact me to get their prizes.
Also the Russian team if they could contact me.

(Brontoz) #244

Yeah i think that was interest and good game, Germany players played better on last two rounds its for sure, that why they deserved a vicory on this game. This FritzControl guy with new CD-key and new account, was played just awesome…That was samurai,right? ))) I think he was best infantry player from both teams at most rounds… Most times killed everyone on 1on1 duels ,even sometimes on 1 on 2 duels xDDD But aniway congratulations guys, well played yesturday.
And tnx a lot to OCB guys for organize this cup. That was very interest and funny, good job guys. I hope we will see some new tourneys on future from you,maybe some promod cup? xD

(Brontoz) #245

btw and volaco xDD What a lol xDDD For 3 mins up to the end had 0% blowed objective and loose it, there were 1 ot 2 seconds… oouuuch xDDD But this is game,everythibg is possible ))

(Ads913) #246

Samurai is part of my clan i know he was playing BF3 demo before the cup.If it was him can you provide proof i will look to investigate that whatever findings you have.We normally vet the names before the game i had Seranade check the names.I think but cannot be sure that Tanserbot and Kourdin were the 2 smurfs.

But yes it was a good final .If you Bronto and your team members get in contact with me i have somthing for you .Thanks for your reply

(Celebrian) #247

Thanks to all teams who participated in this tournament. It was a great pleasure to play with you. And special thanks to OCB clan, for the organized it. The Final, as promised, was very interesting and awesome.
All games were very difficult, and certainly the best infantry player on all maps was FritzControl. Sadly, that Germany does not want to reveal the secrets of who it really was =( Mby Rex add Pliscin to team? I don’t know ;]
But on a Volcano without a doubt the best player was abnorm, who used the skill “double-flyer-drone” xD
Realy, never seen something like that before:

//youtu.be/MKq8yUlfyVs

Anyway,well played ;]

@ Rex, I’m waiting for your collage. When it’s ready? =)

(r3fleX) #248

rofl… sorry to disappoint but my sunday evening was spent finishing coursework :mad: & watching TV. Hmm smurfers for germany could be zerooo, tanz, m1rra, shortje?

Btw if anyone has any demo’s they wish to share, please do… i have little time available atm, but when i do have a few mins (BF3 beta has finished :() i’ll be working on a little highlights video for the whole cup, it won’t be long at all…like 2-3mins and i can’t garuntee anyone’s clips will be used unless they are superawesome! :cool:

(Brontoz) #249

Ads, no no, i didnt mean need some investigations, i have no problems with that and anyone from Russian team too. Germans win,so well done xD just interest who that was … I know everyone from Germany team,and every QW player. All best Germany infantry players was ingame yesturday (Kordin,lausl,ad) but there was some 4rt who even stronger that they are ))) zerooo, tanz, m1rra, shortje i know everyone from them,and i am sure noone from them isnt Fritz, cose noone from them is not have so good shooting skills)) Sure some ultra lucky nice day its possible,but pretty hard to believe in that))) I can only imaginate who that was,becose Rex didnt answear on that quastion,and Fritz played with new CD-key,so impossible check who is he… Actually i am still pretty sure that was samu, becose dont know anyone so strong infantry player who can play with Rex team yesturday.
I repeat again,noone from Russia is not have problems with that, and noone need any investigations)) Just interest who played so good yesturday. And story like that was some oldscool player,who wasnt played long time just came to toureny final and kill everyone its like a joke xDD
Rex maybe you will say wo that was?))
btw and this magic moment with 1 drone and double damage on so close game as volcano, its funny too xDDD

(Ads913) #250

To get their winning prize they have to reveal who they are. I will tell you then. 1 drone double damage hmm i have a demo i will have a look.

(rUBBEN) #251

I watched the first map and gone to sleep telling myself " oh Russian mates have gone so higher in ETQW, it must be so awesome to get a proper captain in their team ", and this morning I woke up with this message : " THE WURST EATER HAVE WON THE WC ", and I went to school telling myself " I’ve been such an asshole to underate ETQW, everything remains possible in all the situations, even to play 4 maps for a WC final ". GG’s to both teams, I’m looking forward to see that videos, and to face you someday, maybe :wink:

HIP HIP HIP HOURA TO WORLD CUP !

(please hip hip hip houra again guys it’s so humiliating to be alone in that moments :smiley: )

(Snotling) #252

Herm…so hip hip hip hurra!!! :wink:

(Rex) #253

I would like to thank OCB with all admins for giving the QW community another “big” and enjoyable opportunity to compete! Also thanks to Russia for the best and most exciting match I had in this Cup!
You trained Sewer so hard and now it even payed off :smiley: (shame that we failed there so hard :mad:)
It was nice that all other teams showed up :slight_smile:

The double damage flyer drone is nothing special, we trained it about 7 weeks ago.

(Ashog) #254

Haha, awesome vid Celebrian :slight_smile: GS abnorm :stuck_out_tongue:

ETQW netcode and lags are always out there to serve us with some more magic moments! :smiley:

Great games everyone! Was really impressed by the Russian team. It has NEVER in my life happened until yesterday that I would forget to drink my beer two times! Only managed to have 1 beer during whole evening because I was staring at screen and kept forgetting that I had beer in front of me :smiley: I was like:

//youtu.be/5Et58JawpDc

The best player was clearly Fritz, he just wouldn’t die! (and took several with him to the grave very often). As clear also that it was Tanzverbot. It can be only him (ofc. if this was a German guy). Half of the time on TV server everyone was discussing who that guy was, was a lot of fun :wink:

Thanks a lot to OCB and anyone else who helped to organize that cup and TV server! This got our small community together again and definitely brought some blood flow to the comp scene. We need to have this more often!

(Dthy) #255

I highly doubt this. I would be willing to bet money on this (if i had any, that is)

(DrFunkenstein) #256

Congratulations to the Germans and thanks for organizing this OCB, I had a lot of fun watching it and I saw a couple of great games. The last second win in the final on Volcano was definitely one of them.

If I watch the slow-mo part of the vid Celebrian posted, I hear the sound of 2 distinct drones hitting the core shortly after eachother. This is not obvious from the real-time part of the vid. Check the part of the video that starts at 0:35 or the part that starts at 1:05 and the next couple of seconds after those to see what I mean. The game credits both drones to the same person, but that might be the game acting up.

Server demos should be conclusive.

Dr. Funkenstein

(YumYum) #257

Sometimes drones explode twice, it’s just a bug :o of course really annoying/lucky one, if it happens in volcano. jopjop made a video about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7TBxrZ4W54

(.Chris.) #258

So basically they glitched to win? Something that Rex just admitted they practised and perfected several weeks ago?

Also who was Fritz? Strange that neither OCB know and no one on the German team does, if I played like that last night I would certainly want people to know it was me, that gives me an idea, give me the prize for Fritz.

(Kl3ppy) #259

@gee666: Scotland and England werent that great at the RWC, but i have to say, yeah, rugby isnt our sport … :frowning:

(.N.E.R.D.) #260

That’s just normal cause abnorm is a very efficient player and he is member of the pimp my drone group :wink: