Wolf: MP

(Donnovan) #41

Ashog, and my map “ETQW Maze” is a big open room, as its suposed to be.

Chris,

The begining of USA soldiers is were the terrain is more chalegening. It is 75% of all the walkable terrain.

Its far less work than i expected.

(sanDIOkan) #42

wow!!

E.T.!!!

(Donnovan) #43

–//–

BackSnip3, have sent you the email.

(iwound) #44

i would re-install QW for that if a non-mod version came out. nice work Chris.

(jacKfIsher05) #45

Yohoo, I’m so excited when I have saw comment #217!

Chris, can you say what amount of people are working on this project? If you know, ofc.

(Donnovan) #46

Creating a rough terrain that will lead for the more detailed piece.

(.Chris.) #47

[QUOTE=jacKfIsher05;427914]Yohoo, I’m so excited when I have saw comment #217!

Chris, can you say what amount of people are working on this project? If you know, ofc.[/QUOTE]

I think 4 people at the moment, things are going a bit slowly as some can’t fully work on the mod due to real life issues. We hope that once we have more to show we can get more help, that’s why we keep things quiet for the moment, we want to build up to a big media release to gain attention.

(.Chris.) #48

Sorry for double post but I have new image.

Back area first pass. The big doors have place holder textures. As this is ET:QW we can extend the area behind the gate (where picture taken from) with no real impact on performance, whilst you won’t be able to access the area it will show up on the command map and just about see it from the gate, I like adding things like this that make map look bigger than it is and add bit more ‘realism’.

(BackSnip3) #49

Man this looks really nice! Keep it up! By the way I’ve found a way to connect on IRC using port 8080, hope we can soon chat about it again :slight_smile:
Nice work with the patches! Can’t wait to make it complete!
Cheers

(light_sh4v0r) #50

Looks good Chris, that’s a lot of patchwork!

(kost3k) #51

[QUOTE=.Chris.;429763]
As this is ET:QW we can extend the area behind the gate (…)[/QUOTE]
… and there is the road to Battery 2 :smiley:

(BackSnip3) #52

Why not kost3k :stuck_out_tongue:

(.Chris.) #53

Megatexture testing for potential snow map.

(Donnovan) #54

You did that, Chris?

(.Chris.) #55

Yeah, using mudbox, worldmachine and meshlab. The mesh is a rough layout of a map I not really planned properly but now I’ve setup the work flow for getting terrain into game it should be rather quick to replicate the results on a new mesh when come to make the map properly.

(twt_thunder) #56

woow Chris, looks great :slight_smile:

(sanDIOkan) #57

[QUOTE=.Chris.;429763]Sorry for double post but I have new image.

Back area first pass. The big doors have place holder textures. As this is ET:QW we can extend the area behind the gate (where picture taken from) with no real impact on performance, whilst you won’t be able to access the area it will show up on the command map and just about see it from the gate, I like adding things like this that make map look bigger than it is and add bit more ‘realism’.[/QUOTE]

what a news! that’s splash damge’s battery…

(Mateos) #58

Do you know they’re remaking Battery for ETQW, or you’re here just to troll? :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #59

He think’s I’ve stolen it again, anyone who has seen the map source of battery or knows the difference between brushwork and patchwork would know otherwise. The main difference is that all the ‘curved’ surfaces from the original which were brushes are now patches which look smother. That and the scale is bigger.

If I was stealing SD’s version the map would be finished now, again anyone who’s seen the map source knows how tricky the layout is, it’s going to take a while to recreate the angled rooms leading up to the gun chamber, it’s a nightmare to align it all up.

(twt_thunder) #60

How Is this project coming along? any progress?