Wolf: MP

(Ashog) #61

Chris is still alive so I bet this is ongoing (while not drunk) :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #62

I started a new job last month so not had much chance to work on the mapping side of things. I’m also coming up to the end of my course so lots of deadlines coming up to concentrate on.

(Dragonji) #63

There’s no rush, maybe some day id releases QW’s source so W:MP could be a standalone game instead of a mod :wink:

(Mateos) #64

Usually iD releases the source code of their games after some time, they like that, so we can expect so :slight_smile:

(Boktor) #65

I believe that decision belongs to Zenimax now.

(Mateos) #66

They released Doom 3 code, QW would be the next on the list… Zenimax would have nothing to loose in (by? Dunno my English grammar o.o) releasing this one I think :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #67

We’re not quite dead, since there was a big fire at my work I had some spare time.

This is the current progress of the main bunker, I don’t like working with all these angles.

Idiot…

(-SSF-Sage) #68

Haha man! I had a try to make it for wolf mp before you got in. I gave up after few days. The bunker is hard to make. :smiley: But you are doing great!

(light_sh4v0r) #69

It’s looking great though :slight_smile:

(Ashog) #70

Did anyone anlready say that Chris is a hero?

(Setlec) #71

many times in the past few years… it would never end as long he continues to make maps for etqw

(twt_thunder) #72

Dont know if its to any help, but can you use models of my Caliber and maybe enchant them a bit @backsnip?

like this k43:

just to try to help ya a bit?

(BackSnip3) #73

Hey Thunder,
thanks for the offer, can you send me the thing by PM or something?

Hey everyone,
I’m sorry guys, guess I haven’t posted anything for months now. I’ve lost all contact with Pegazus, he didn’t show up on chat for months and I didn’t have solid internet connection so couldn’t chat with Chris as well. Add a busy student life to it, and a dead hard drive which made me lost all non-uploaded work, and I gave up on the mod.
I just wanted to check this topic to see if someone had trolled “DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!”, but I’m glad to see that Chris is still *****ing working on it!!

Now I’m going to reinstall ETQW and see what I can do to get back to work.

Cheers!

(Mateos) #74

Welcome back o/

(.Chris.) #75

Welcome back indeed, if you still got IRC jump on #biatch

I’ve not made any progress since that last shot, them angles are the stuff of nightmares! Though it’s not too far away from requiring a kick ass gun model.

(twt_thunder) #76

[QUOTE=BackSnip3;475491]Hey Thunder,
thanks for the offer, can you send me the thing by PM or something?[/QUOTE]

Its done, I can probably do better too, but I need to know all limitations on models in this game because I havent got a clue :slight_smile:

(SphereCow) #77

Chris, have you considered using 3D meshes for your models, i.e, exporting from Blender?

(SphereCow) #78

It would be lovely if they did. What’s mostly wrong with QuakeWars is the 30fps cap, and Doom3’s forward predicted netcode that makes everything so jerky and unstable unlike how wolf or Q3A was. Perhaps if we petitioned them to release the source we could get Doom3BFG edition’s netcode ported into ET:QW, like MCS did with their game. (check out the two youtube videos in the original post of this thread: http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=25256)

Decisions like that really hurt the game. Also, the tiny, tiny piece of code that makes hitsounds play about every other hit as opposes to every single hit/headshot. I still don’t understand who came up with that idea. I’m almost mad at him/her.

(.Chris.) #79

You mean for the angled rooms? I had considered it but I’m really bad at UV unwrapping and texturing, not sure when I’ll bother trying to learn to do it properly :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #81

Most of the main bunker now complete, just need to make the spawn and the little room with the generator at the back. It’s pretty much ready for the terrain now. Only other building to make is the lighthouse.