Wolf: MP

(Ashog) #21

can’t open the proof :open_mouth:

(.Chris.) #22

Forums censored my url replacing part of it with ****, fixed it now.

(jacKfIsher05) #23

.Chris., what do you expect from a troll?

Is the project completely dead or someone is working on it?

(Mateos) #24

There is a team working on it. Problem is free time, I guess, with work, studies, or other life commitments…

(BackSnip3) #25

Mateos is right, school and life have a greater priority than modding guys!
I can’t even play ETQW online because I’m on a public wifi connection since september. So I’ve a bit lost interest in modding a lot.
But I didn’t give up yet, just started modelling again, haven’t for months now, working on a 1911. :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #26

Made custom texture for the main wall bit, I originally had the two textures other way around but this way looks more like original, which means I have to rexture the spawn bunker with this new custom texture, effort…

Thanks to vertex colour can use pretty much the same few textures throughout the building and them use the dirt decals to add in variation.

(BackSnip3) #27

Looks nice Chris! Keep up the good work!
Cheerz

(Indloon) #28

[QUOTE=.Chris.;422845]

Made custom texture for the main wall bit, I originally had the two textures other way around but this way looks more like original, which means I have to rexture the spawn bunker with this new custom texture, effort…

Thanks to vertex colour can use pretty much the same few textures throughout the building and them use the dirt decals to add in variation.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that picture just lacks some AA! :smiley:

Looks nice anyways, would like to see the final result of it!

(.Chris.) #29

Cheers, yeah the editor doesn’t have AA, here some shots from in game.

Texture test, I modded the stock texture used outside to include the yellow strip as vertex colour didn’t work too well, works better for just darkening textures, like I’ve done with the top layer of slabs. I’ve increased the overall width of the floor plan a bit and increased the head height also when making this map.

The MG opening in the corner was a real pain to make with patches but got there in end.

(Mateos) #30

Nice work :slight_smile:

(BackSnip3) #31

Looks nice Chris! Keep up that good work! :slight_smile:

(light_sh4v0r) #32

As we’ve come to expect :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #33

Struggling with textures for the props, they can be added latter though.

(Mateos) #34

Oh. My. God.

Place is living! Just a bit monochrome, but it’s a WIP, textures can be changed later :slight_smile:

(rorgoroth) #35

^^ +1

That, Chris, is a work of art.

(.Chris.) #36

Thanks guys,

The editor preview is bit more darker than in game, there is more contrast between the block types (see previous texture test pic) but perhaps could tone down the darkness on the lower half like in the original map. I’m trying to make the indoors feel quite dark and dirty but not too much, need to be able to see the players :slight_smile: Hopefully when map is fully built with just this first pass of detail we can attract some more help on the art side of things and importantly the code!

PS. I’m really not looking forward to making the gun room, if any of you have looked at the source .map you know why :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #37

I have looked at it in original game, months ago, with noclip.

Why? Its have moving parts?

(.Chris.) #38

Look at the map source, there is several rooms that are at weird angles, it will be a nightmare to recreate and make it all align. It’s funny you mention that whilst in game you couldn’t tell if anything was different because one of the mappers mentioned that they put in a lot of effort making these rooms that aren’t straight but in game you can’t tell they are angled.

Once the gun room was created the rest of the base had to be scale outwards using the same circular pattern and this is where the design got too complex for its own good. After I creating the first two chambers outside the gun room I discovered that nobody could tell while running around the map that the rooms were built at strange angles. The excessive work needed to create more chambers so that they spread out from the gun room at the right angle was not necessary and this was a bad tangent to be caught on.

This map taught me something very valuable about human perception and angles. In order to see or appreciate odd angles there has to be contradicting angles present, either next to or within view of the existing angles. To compound this problem further the map had to be worked on by several people and not everyone appreciated my desire for creating unnecessarily complex brushwork.

Soon we will be needing a terrain, if only there was someone who knew how to make nice megatextures…

(Donnovan) #39

Its really lame to get stuck in 4 (0, 90, 180, 270) or 8 (0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270, 315, 360) angles. But for sure is far more easy.

I believe no more games work in this way. This was a big limitation from begining os FPS era.

“Real 3D! You can create anything!” Errr…

I can try to help with terrain. So i focuse my help in terrain other than brush/patch work.

(Ashog) #40

Yay!

But just don’t let Don make underground catacombs again! He gets out of control in there! Claustrobobia kinda :wink: