Wolf: MP

(sanDIOkan) #282

[QUOTE=FFSturm;397702]

Simple, in less than a year xD
_________________________________________[/QUOTE]

learn to read

(FFSturm) #283

Learn to read exactly what? A completely garbage that goes no where? If it was that simple, a lot of people could have done that a lot of years ago.

It was Raven software&Endrant Studios’s job (people that got paid, don’t forget that) to do an actual and original sequel to Rtcw. They failed. End of story.

You could stop behaving like that and start to learn to shut up when experienced developers (and rookies that promise a great future) are discussing about their work.

It’s a basic rule of thumb.

(BackSnip3) #284

Thanks FFSturm, but no need to go mad everyone! :slight_smile:
Don’t remember it’s about the mod! It would be cool to have your mp_beach inside Wolf:MP FFSturm!
Contact Donnovan for terrain making :slight_smile:

(FFSturm) #285

I am going to send you the pk4 with all the source files. Feel free to do whatever change you want (take a look to the original mp_beach map that i include inside)

Cheers

edit: done

(Pegazus) #286

[QUOTE=FFSturm;397935]I am going to send you the pk4 with all the source files. Feel free to do whatever change you want (take a look to the original mp_beach map that i include inside)
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing; it is really appreciated.

(sanDIOkan) #287

[QUOTE=sanDIOkan;397678]tbh u don’t need to make a brand new game… u can make a modern rtcw with the original qw’s gdf and total new axis characters just removing the stroggs. then use maps from original rtcw and also qw (the maps without vehicles where really cool : island, volcano and salvage)
this way u make a realizable project in less than a year.<—there is a point it means the phrase is over.

oh btw ask help to modders on mod database
add cool effects like sikkmod/doom3 hd wouldnt be that bad <–this is a suggestion and it’s another phrase[/QUOTE]

as i said, sturm, learn to read

[QUOTE=FFSturm;397933]
You could stop behaving like that and start to learn to shut up when experienced developers (and rookies that promise a great future) are discussing about their work.

It’s a basic rule of thumb.[/QUOTE]

I have to shut up?
If u dont want to be the subject of public scorn, just send private messages. This is a public forum in case u haven’t noticed it…
And I dont see any experienced developers. i just see 1 arrogant wannabe posting useless and unfinished stuff .
guess who.

(BackSnip3) #288

Stop arguing on my topic please! I’m sorry sanDIOkan but, please, don’t argue with FFSturm here. And you’ve said I’ve stolen models from Wolfenstein and that removing stroggs is impossible, now you say the opposite, so, please, post only constructive FEEDBACK or IDEAS.
Thanks to everyone, I’m a little busy right now with other projects as ETFrag and ET:Zombies. Will keep on modding later.

Need more people!

(Violator) #289

Don’t feed them trollz :slight_smile: Great work so far folks. I’m busy with other projects but otherwise I’d help out with maps / coding etc.

(FFSturm) #290

Yes, I will “learn” to read later. Anyway, I still don’t agree about what you said, exactly this line: “posting useless projects”. Like “Beach Invasion”, perhaps?. Sorry, I am a selfish and an arrogant fool that enjoys developing projects. This happened in the QuakeII era. Maybe that’s why I think that you are talking about my map.

Basically 5/6 of the people that are posting on this thread (maybe even more), have already said that They feel confortable with the project quality.

That 1/6 is quite irrelevant, especially when They are moaning like toddlers without any constructive criticism.

Why don’t you start developing some maps/assets or even working with the dev team? You look very experienced sanDI.

I did that beach stuff in a week exactly. I think that you can do it better.
Showcase your work please, this project needs more people as BackSnip3 said.

If you feel attacked then You have serious issues.

To conclude, I would like to say that I am open to develop any kind of map/prefab to contribute the WOLF:MP project.

(Mateos) #291

Need more people… Which places exactly?

(BackSnip3) #292

Need more people at any place!
Most wanted is coder!
Second most wanted is an UI coder/artist!
Third most wanted are modellers and mappers of any kind that can help of any kind and produce good quality work!

FFSturm I’m glad you’d like to help! You code also don’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:
I couldn’t get the time to try your mp_beach, there are hundreds of files inside the .pk4! I just need the .world and textures/shaders! :wink:

For now I’m helping the ET:Zombies team, and hope that when this project gets done the team can move on to Wolf:MP development.
Might even develop a Wolf:MP:Zombies of some kind one day…

So Wolf:MP is getting on a slower production for me, although I’ve changed the mp40 gloves with normal hands.
pics
pics
pics
pics

I’ve also started the modelling of a M1 Garand.

(FFSturm) #293

I am impressed by those models. (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31432783/etqw%202012-04-19%2020-54-28-63.png)

Maybe improve the sleeve textures a bit?
Take a little look to this file, includes diffuse map, normal map and specular map. 512x textures.

http://www.2shared.com/file/DxE2RmIk/wolf_weapons.html

(BackSnip3) #294

Yeah both hands and sleeve use the 3rdperson texture atm.
I’ll try to use these textures. Where are they from? :slight_smile:

(FFSturm) #295

It’s a reduced size version of my mod allied sleeves. It’s inspired in RTCW sleeves. Maybe the spec map is not correct for ETQW (haven’t tested for it) and you need to tweak it. This is due to some light interaction and shaders used in my custom Doom III build.

(BackSnip3) #296

Some progress on the garand, it has been UVmapped and I’ve baked a normalmap already, would need some help for the diffuse. Thanks! :slight_smile:

(Gir) #297

Are these Weapon Models compatible with Doom 3 ?

Would look cool with my Single Player mod (WolfSP)

With Doom 3 you could potentially strip all its assets and make a Free WolfMP, since not everyone has Quake Wars.

Its a shame that Doom 3 editing forums are gone on this site

(Gir) #298

You still working on this ?

(sanDIOkan) #299

[QUOTE=Gir;399102]You still working on this ?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein-the-dark-sense-of-war[/QUOTE]

sure he is… he is a “professional” dev!!

(FFSturm) #300

Gir: You still working on this ?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstei...k-sense-of-war

Working on the maps atm. It would take a lot of time. (it’s not mapping like most of id tech 4 ones are doing… In fact it’s a little bit complex to explain right now. This is due to render a lot of details with the less performance lose, not get confuse with virtual texturing or megatexturing, I hate that tbh).

There is still people that think that I use the same lighting techniques, even without having a bit from my build…how foolish.

As I said in a previous post, Its on my plans to have an alpha testing release for Nov/December. (tomorrow is 20 for wolf).

(Pegazus) #301

Hello and welcome back to another update of Wolf: MP.

A soldier is the main driving force of any army so it’s no wonder that one of our first goals was to replace the GDF Soldier and the Strogg Oppressor with their new counterparts. The Strogg section has been replaced for the Axis powers and the GDF section for the Allied powers.

It comes as no surprise that every soldier needs a great arsenal of weapons; that is why we have made the MP40 even better than it was before. Also work on the Allied weapon M1 Garand has not stopped either as it is in its finishing stages. And the Axis powers should not worry because they will be soon supplied with brand new hand grenades.

Lastly, we have gone through great troubles to start work on editing the ingame texts to make them more accurate and better for the future players of Wolf: MP.

That’s it for today, hopefully this little information story made you more up-to-date on the whole situation. We will supply you with pictures soon so keep coming back for more news.