Win a Signed Brink Mural to Celebrate Brink's Birthday

(SRTspeed) #141

I chose to save the Ark. Being ex-military and understanding there have to be some rules in life made my decision easy as chaos tends to destroy things more than help. I do understand why the Resistance wants to fight but then again their ideas are based off of things that could lead to the destruction of themselves and the Ark so in turn they are not helping very much. I did however make a character for each class in each faction just to see how things pan out and enjoyed the game very much. Cannot wait to see what you guys do with your next game. Just a note if you want to take it. Maybe add co-op play for those, like myself, who enjoy playing 2 player (or more) against the CPU. Take care and good luck to everyone.

(SirMittenSquire) #142

I chose to save the arch, because i prefer to be the good guys:cool:

(yeahrighttyrone) #143

I chose to escape the Ark. My choice was inspired by the fact that I had just finished a semester at university where I had studied social inequality in the United States and sociological theory. All of this was happening at around the time of the Arab Spring in the Middle East. I followed intently as governments were overthrown in Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, and Yemen as I realized that all of the factors leading up to the revolutions in those countries were in correlation with Karl Marx’s theory on social change and the class consciousness. You know: objective class position leads to class consciousness which leads to class-oriented political behavior.

So, then I went out and bought a copy of BRINK, and as I’m watching the intro to the game, I notice all of Marx’s factors for class consciousness: concentration and communication, deprivation, economic insecurity, alienation, polarization, homogenization, organization, and struggle. In the end, my decision to escape the Ark was based on the romantic idea of an oppressed people banding together to overthrow a government that is not in tune with the reality of their situation. So, thank you, Splash Damage, for putting together two of my favorite things: video games and sociological theory.

(phinsters) #144

I choose to Save the Ark since it seemed like the Escape the Ark route seemed like a terrorist cell until I played through it. Then I felt sorry for them…

(Zombiepreacher) #145

I first chose to escape the Ark, and only because I knew a bit about the story before I played it, otherwise, I would’ve chosen to save the Ark.

(mottleyparasite) #146

I chose to escape the ark, how the ark was heading it would be the best choice for the lower class seeing how the upper class was living personally being lower class I was drawn more to this story line rather than the security.

(celt) #147

Save the Ark! Why? I nearly always play the side of the “good guys”, or at least “order”.

(ThaAwesomeSwede) #148

I went with the Resistance side. If i was in a situation where i didnt know if my group of people where the only survivors i would like to find out if there were any others. If whats left of the human race in Brink is ever to be back (or similiar) to what it once was then more people will greatly improve the odds of that happening. The thing with founder circumstances beeing way superior to the guest`s also set me off, if the Ark is in such a dire crisis, why let some people overuse the exact same things as whats lacking, like electricity, living space and clean water.

(ssentiWsavoneJ) #149

When I first heard about the game and started following its progress and development, I decided I was going to Escape the Ark. However, as release drew closer, I began looking at Security and saving the Ark more and more. I saw the flaws in both sides’ reasoning, but I ending up going with Security and saving the Ark when I first booted the game up. Plus I liked their style a bit more.

(AssumedLeaf1219) #150

Save the Ark of course. Still playing, still security… still have my dumb autogenerated xbox live acct name heh…

(rippeon) #151

I choose to leave the Ark, in hopes of continuing humanities existence!
I want to put this in my room above my new 3DTV to complete my own “Mancave.” which it will fit perfectly!
Please Splash Damage help out this old fan of yours, if I am pick contact me at trevorrippeon@hotmail.com :eek: this is my face when i say it!

(I.W.Spider) #152

I chose to escape the Ark because I was concerned about the chaos two of every animal could cause when it all went to Hell…

(THExREVERENDx) #153

I’m not going to make a long speech about how I think i should win this, I’m sure you guys will get plenty of those. Haha. I waited for this game for 3 years after I initially heard about it. It was worth the wait. I chose to escape the ark. The rebels seemed like the good guys to me. They were the under dog and they looked much more cool, in my opinion. Haha. Still love the game and play it often. Good luck with future games. I hope to see the S.M.A.R.T system in more titles.

(HappyMonk) #154

I love this game :slight_smile: I almost have a platinum on it and I bought the first day it came out. Day 1 buyer right here :smiley: well I chose to escape the ark first because I wanted to be free and not have the security be ruling the way I live. I wanted to find a better place to reside. I wanted to be rebellious because in real life we have to follow the laws, but that’s where video games come in! Video games are made to escape reality and do what you can’t do in real life. So why would you choose to save the ark and follow the law when you already do that. Games are meant to do what you can’t do in real life. And that’s why I chose to escape the ark and be a rebel :slight_smile:

(vVv-stranger) #155

I chose to Escape the Ark because something about being freed from oppression sounds pretty awesome. And because my team chose it first and I really had no say :wink:

(Klobb17) #156

I chose to save the Ark. Without Security and their order, the Ark would become more chaotic than it initially was. Not to mention that if the Resistance did manage to bring outside help like they planned to, a whole new civil war could start between the original Resistance in their own new “Guests” that they bring along.
Plus, I enjoy having that extra water ration for joining Security.

(MutantJeans) #157

I chose save the Ark. I liked the rather neat looking Security, and I felt they needed my help more than the resistance. Also the resistance was a bunch of drunken lunatics who seemed a bit too happy to turn the Ark into a pile of trash.

(rouger) #158

I picked resistance and to escape the ark simply because the resistance looked cooler, also who doesn’t like an under dog.

(PunX24) #159

I chose to escape the ark. I did this for two reasons. One being I liked the look of the “bad guys” more. The second was that in every game that I play that has a choice between good and evil, i pick evil, it’s just more fun :slight_smile:

(siki.w) #160

I played the game several times, but when i first play it through, I chose to escape the Arc. I thought the story is longer and there could be more contents to play, I thought. Today I´m very sad, that nobody play it anymore.
(Excuse me for my bad English, I`m from Germany)