Win a Signed Brink Mural to Celebrate Brink's Birthday

(Weaselfierce360) #281

Save The Ark. It was an aesthetic choice if I’m honest which suited my initial character build. :slight_smile:

(warzone) #282

i treat this game with respect i play as the resistance and from the day to release to this point of time you are reading this i play this all day all night from playing against 100% bots to even 100% human players i love this game and should get another chance so if im not a huge fan why would i post so much respect! :slight_smile:

(ChristopheRiley) #283

I got to play the game a tad early via STEAM release!! When I first fired it up I chose to play as the Resistance. I thought their message was something I could get on board with more, and it just felt more personal I guess. Shortly after my first experience though I had multiple games going in where I was jumping back and forth between the Resistance and Security.

Gotta love the clean modern art style and direction of Security weapons and environments, mixed with the gritty rustic Resistance vibe!

I must admit, I am still playing this game, just got my final DLC clothes pack.

(light_sh4v0r) #284

*****, many people register here to apply for that wallpaper :open_mouth:
I have no idea what I picked, I honestly don’t know. As far as I knew it made no difference whatsoever anyway, so I didn’t put much thought in it.

(IRRATATINGBEAN) #285

I watched this game for the longest time before it released and got a good enough feel of both sides from it to decide which side I wanted to be first and I stuck to that side all the way to the end.

I chose to escape the ark first because:

1. I thought the Resistence looked cooler
  2. I like the “underdog”
  3. They were fighting for a better cause then the Security in my opinion
  4. And I was supposed to get “The Psycho” pack, but Amazon ran out of pre-order codes and I didnt get it:(

I love this game Splash Damage and I love your new three pillar plan, just please make a Brink 2.

(The.Dark.God) #286

I chose to Escape the Ark, because I wanted to try it from the “rebel” perspective. Plus, they had awesome customization choices!

(amazinglarry) #287

Save the Ark, son. The people who built it had the foresight the Earth was in trouble and took action. It effectively represents those who took responsibility to continue existing, and it needs to be returned to its former glory.

Plus, how badass does Security look? Beast mode.

(syckogamer) #288

I wanted to Escape the Ark, as I thought for sure there would be a twist to make “Saving the Ark” an “evil” path to the game. Sounds weird, but I was just expecting a twist in the game as I sat an read my strat guide from the store. This was right after midnight release and me and my friend stayed up the whole night trying to figure out all the attachments and what the “coolest” look was at that time.

(ArkRebel) #289

I decided to escape the Ark! Why? Because it’s the only way for humanity to survive in my opinion. Also, the battle for the ark will decide about the future human society: A law-and-order class-based society (Security/Founders) or some kind of social, class-less society (Resistance). I prefer the second one! :cool:
(At last both sides have there point, one of Brinks cool aspects that there is no simple “good” and “evil”. But Resistance is just better for the people and future of mankind I think.)

Also, the rebels and their weapons of course look waaaaay cooler than the secs! :wink:
For a free Ark!

(Btw, I think Brink is not only a game, it’s more a piece of art, I like the gameplay, the story, the Ark, the graphics, the look/design, S.M.A.R.T, the customization… just everything about this piece of software :smiley: )

(ArkRebel) #290

I decided to escape the Ark! Why? Because it’s the only way for humanity to survive in my opinion. Also, the battle for the ark will decide about the future human society: A law-and-order class-based society (Security/Founders) or some kind of social, class-less society (Resistance). I prefer the second one! :cool:
(At last both sides have there point, one of Brinks cool aspects that there is no simple “good” and “evil”. But Resistance is just better for the people and future of mankind I think.)

Also, the rebels and their weapons of course look waaaaay cooler than the secs! :wink:
For a free Ark!

(Btw, I think Brink is not only a game, it’s more a piece of art, I like the gameplay, the story, the Ark, the graphics, the look/design, S.M.A.R.T, the customization… just everything about this piece of software :smiley: )

(KennyFan) #291

I chose to Save the Ark, because I didn’t want to destroy it. It looked like a nice place.

(UnitedKingdomify) #292

Save the Ark! :d

Edit: Oh, the why. Heh ha. lol Aside from the Security looking cool as frook in every piece of footage before the game was released. I chose to save the Ark because I’m the type of guy who has an aversion to any kind of protest through violence, I could have been wrong, and discovered that the Founders were really oppressive, and that the Resistance had good grounds to rebel.

But really, along the way, I just discovered that Chen was a complete jackass, and with a different leader the Guests could have found a way to properly integrate and strike a balance on the Ark. I hate Chen. He’s going blindly about the fight, he knows next to nothing about life beyond the Ark, and he’s not doing much beyond destroying the Ark and inviting yet more trouble from outside the Ark.

WE MUST… SAVE THE ARK!

(zilfrog) #293

I chose to save the Ark on my first playthrough

(ChuckyBalls) #294

Escape to the Ark because I look like Netchaiev:wink:

(unholyaurawolf) #295

WoW Id love to have this,Have been following brink since the first release of the footage love you guys!!!

(unholyaurawolf) #296

I wanted to escape it because I totally loved the starting video for the resistance and there clothing instantly feel in love with this game and just couldn’t put it down even a year later I still play it regularly love the smart system and it should be used in so many other games it would make them more fluid and work so much better (as the smart system intended) still love this game Have a full character list with max levels and the dlc…keep up the good work splash damage.:infiltrator:

(Vinnie92) #297

I have chose the resistance because they are fighting for them , contrary to the security which is fighting for the ark.

(X-NaCN-X) #298

Save the Ark! Only cowards escape.
Coward: One who,in a perilous emergency,thinks with his legs. Ambrose Bierce

(Nail) #299

save the ark, it was easiest

(jimmy_tits) #300

I chose to save the ark because it’s better than taking your chances out in the ocean. Do I really need to make my point any clearer than that?

As you see later in the game anyways, anyone who leaves, doesn’t return. Nor does any relief.
I obviously made the right choice.

The logistics of caring for all those people is a lot more complicated.