Win a Signed Brink Mural to Celebrate Brink's Birthday

(stubbs59) #241

Well, joining the Resistance WAS tempting, but I decided to join Ark Security. I felt that in the end, the Resistance lost track of what they wanted, and became too extremist. While the Arc securities measures may have been extreme, there would have been room for negotiation. The rebels were only thinking of the now, rather than the future. Think back to the missile launch mission.

(Justice_Pie) #242

I chose to save the Ark because I thought I would be helping the citizens. Although, in their own way the Security thought they too were doing everything in their power to save the Ark, their methods may have only made things worse. There was no clear winner, in this civil war.

(Walker-Dragon) #243

Go RESISTANCE!!! I Mainly went for the resistance, at the beginning due to how in-depth it seems the story went with them, plus the rebels looks overly bad***. I supported this game back when it was just a rumor, and supported when pre-orders came out payd for and everything. Loved this game through and through.

(Deleteyouy) #244

I chose the Resistance. I picked them because I thought that it would make more sense to see they’re side, other than the Security’s story. One is because I felt that the Resistance were fighting more of a good fight. I also felt that they were fighting for freedom. Seeing as how the Resistance also lived in that poor part of the Ark and the Security were at a better conditioned and cleaner part of the Ark. It seemed so unfair to me. That’s why I choose Resistance first.
Also parkouring seemed to fit the Resistance more that Security.

(GoatKin) #245

Save the ark! It’s the healthy choice. I first chose to join the Security force because of their clean military look and the belief that they were in the dark as to what the founders may or may not have been doing to the guests. I mostly play as a mid to light wait medic because your kept in the thick of the fight and help out your teammates. I started playing again recently to get my fix of fps and great art work in between Skyrim. I hope you are able to create a sequel or some massive dlc for those of us who are still fans.

(Kiddspooky) #246

I chose to save the ark!!!

It’s our last hope, the resistance will learn in time it is the only way!:cool:

(Gir) #247

I choose to destroy the ark as its too cramped, and has poor internet access.

(Mawi) #248

I chose to save the ark. Thats because I find out the Security more badass lol. I like their uniforms more.

(sun5et) #249

Escape the Ark! Because the rebels looked cooler than the security and I wanted the chance to show off my pre-order Fallout Tats. and anyway who doesn’t like a good old revolution!

(Helriz) #250

My first character was a resistance fighter, because at the time I believed that their goal to escape the Ark was the nobler of the two, and also because of their threadbare sense of style. Now that I’ve played through the game my sympathies lay more with the Security, because Chen and his followers were getting a wee bit fanatical towards the end. Also, Security = awesome gasmasks. Nuf’ said.

(HR_Hex) #251

I chose to escape the ark because I believe in freedom, however they may have made some irrational decisions and done things that may have taken life’s of innocent bystanders, it was the creators of the ark who had set these actions in motion by dividing the ark in half to “sustain order” there have been many attempts to do this in the history such as the 60’s to late 80’s when racial discrimination was going on and they had schools and such for blacks and whites to try and “sustain peace”. All this did was cause an uproar and it caused both groups to discriminate against one another just even more just for the fact that they were on the other side of the wall. another good example of this would be in fallout 3’s vault 19 where the vault was segregated into two groups, ‘Red’ and ‘Blue’. The security was ignorant of there past and it caused there downfall in my story, a dictatorship is not the answer to the problems they are having and to take there rights away and restrict them to the ark is completely absurd and I believe anyone who supports saving the ark does not understand basic human principles or maybe just what the resistance stands for… Which is freedom from poverty and having to live on the streets and in boxcars while they starve to death…

The resistance wanted to leave the ark in search for other human life… Security says no and divides the ark with a giant wall to “sustain order”… 20 years later… Poverty and other global issues such as starvation and just basic living standards have become a main part of the resistances way of living… Resistance asks once again “may we leave the ark in search for help?”… Security says no once again! are they ****ing dumb or are they just so spoiled with the way that they get to live there lives that they are completely arrogant about whats going on on the other side of the border?!

Hell yes I joined the resistance the security is dumb as hell in this game in my opinion! I’m surprised that the revolution against them didn’t start way freaking sooner and even though its disappointing to me that they allowed themselves to be run by an anonymous dictator for as long as they did I’m re assured that by choosing the path that I did the resistance will find life outside of the Ark and re sustain descent lives again… But even if they don’t, why the hell would the security not at least look for help outside of the ark?! I mean we steal the plain from them for ****s sake! What the **** were they doing with it?! Whoever runs the security is dumb as hell and whoever follows them is dumb as hell! … in my opinion.

So Resistance and logical reasoning? or Security and leave half the world in poverty while we try to tell ourselves we are doing the right thing when all we are doing is being arrogant scumbags making incomprehensible decisions? …

At the ending of securities story: “well life staggers on, we fight, scream we pound our fists” + “and things keep falling apart, always have, always will” <-- yeah I wonder why -_- “who knows what we’ll face next” <- probably another resistance against your arrogant asses honestly.

At the end of Resistances story: “Chiaf will soon bring help from the outside world. Probably” + “Still the Ark survives, as does the fight for a better tomorrow” <- so these are the bad guys in some of your opinions right? I think a “Probably” is a hell of a lot better than a “life still staggers on” especially when it could have been so easily achieved without violence if the Security weren’t so power hungry. They’re like the boss who just tells you what to do just because they can.

Do the people who work for the security have any sense of reasoning? I know they are being ordered to do what they are but what the hell?.. There actually is a mission where someone betrays the Security force from the inside… So that’s one smart person in the Securities ranks… OK, everyone else lets just blindly follow orders from an idiot. And when we are confronted with any prejudiced we’ll just call em’ terrorists and shoot em’ down so we feel alright about what we’re doing.

I choose the resistance!!! Rise against!!!

(Chanteloup) #252

Destroyed the Arch on first play through. Who wants to be good all the time? :stuck_out_tongue: Had my epic dreads and hokey mask.

Would be so cool to win this, would go over my new desk and PC setup :smiley: look at it every day.

(HR_Hex) #253

Also just watch the cut scenes for the security they act like corrupt cops and “talk of the plague which is really this years flu” so they know that they are sick and they don’t help them? They actually have a mission where the resistance steal the vaccine from them to distribute equally… Rather than just hide in a box, why are security hiding and defending a vaccine that could save lives? In a box… Terrorism! they are trying to scare and keep the rsistance weak that’s why! they are killing people by taking this action! Children of all ages and especially the elderly will struggle to survive with weaker immune systems without some help. And now lives are going to be lost in the conflict as well.
Security cut scenes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foPakSy21tk

As the cut scenes go on they act more self righteous and arrogant

Here are the resistance cut scenes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IBzqOcaDsA

they talk about how Chen had been trying to reason with the security for “years” years?! OMG! as it goes on you see the resistance doesn’t make decisions that they don’t have to and they strike em’ where it hurts. There’s also a moment where someone talks about how his brother joined up with security showing a sympathy towards them, but his brother made his choice and they can’t hesitate. They use the resistance as slaves and the founders and security live in luxery, but even the resistance has proper reasoning for believing there might not be anyone outside of the Ark but they have to try. “They cut off there water and keep us week” they talk about how the tower could be used for housing and how the security “%% of the population has 90% of the wealth”

And then the famous plain cut scene here at the end where you can defiantly sympathise with the characters for once, one character talks about his kid’s and how he isn’t with them but how a fathers job is to provide a future for his children and says that that is what he is doing by being in the resistance. This connection is never formed throughout the entire Security campaign not once do I feel for the characters presented in there story, and they quite honestly don’t give me a reason to.

Resistance!

(TheAnger) #254

I chose to escape the Ark, simply because its whack that most of the Resistance built the Ark but are living in a container city. A revolution’s being asked for

(skintrade) #255

I chose Escape the Ark.

In most games if there is a choice between people and the state where the lines are blurred and everything is shades of grey i will play for the people.

To quote the late Gary Moore:

It doesn’t matter if you’re left or to the right
Don’t try to hide behind the cause for which you fight
There’ll be no prisoners taken, when the day is done
No flag or uniform ever stopped a bullet from a gun

(Out in the fields)

(Braqoon) #256

Save the Ark - I am always choosing the “good” side. Chaos is not an option.

(frostynat0r) #257

I chose “save the arc”

Since i watched the very first trailers, i feld more comfortable with the style of the good guys. They look just cooler :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #258

I chose to save the Ark, as I knew I wouldn’t hear the term “brothers” as much with that option. :slight_smile:

(Plague) #259

I chose the Resistance as I love their cyber/diesel punk look and I usually love the chaos side like criminals, darkside, etc. I miss this game, I wish there were more servers on PC! Or some content update to bring people in. :frowning:

(SimVoL) #260

So many days, so many battles … I almost forgot that I chose at the beginning. Yeah remember: Escape the Ark!
Why? Because the poor does not mean weak. Let the founders stay on the island, the rebels will conquer the world. Escape the Ark it’s only the first step.