Will my computer be able to run Quake Wars?

(Diecast5) #41

And check out the price here that is if you can get it form this place. http://www.tigerdirect.com/indexus.asp?SRCCODE=WEBGOOTD&CMP=KNC-GOOGL

(fart666) #42

asus P5BDeluxe @ 533MHz PSB :smiley:

(da.newb711@gmail.com) #43

Ok, when I said 800, I meant x800! I read somewhere that the ATI Radeon x1600 PRO was renamed as the ATI Radeon x800 LT (I forget the last two letters. LT might not be it). I know the ATI series without the “X” preceding the number is ancient. I’m not that stupid.

(ktr) #44

And check out the price here that is if you can get it form this place. http://www.tigerdirect.com/indexus.asp?SRCCODE=WEBGOOTD&CMP=KNC-GOOGL[/quote]

the 7600gs is very weak. the GT is such a high jump…

What you want to invest for ETQW is on the 7900gs or higher…or a x1950gt or higher…

(da.newb711@gmail.com) #45

Also, do you guys know if buying Windows Vista will cause a slowdown while playing games? I know it is a more demanding OS, but that doesn’t carry over to games, right?

(Flesh) #46

Afaik the tests show similar frame rate on win xp and vista (but slightly better on xp)

(murka) #47

dunno, i use windows 95 and it runs uber fast(only testing it for some time rofl)

(ayatollah) #48

Yes but this is on games that have been produced without Vista in mind. Vista “talks” to the hardware a little differently than XP and therefore needs a bit of code changes to be optimised for Vista.

Once games have been optimised for Vista they will be faster. But this won’t occur until Vista becomes a lot more widespread, or the game requires DX10. Bottom line is, if you take 2 of the same game, one optimised for XP and one optimised for Vista, the Vista one will be faster. But Vista optimisation may be a while off.

(kamikazee) #49

Won’t that be rather due to the GFX card being new seeinh how it must be DX 10 compatible?

Don’t forget Vista’s shiny graphics bloat the OS.

(ayatollah) #50

Won’t that be rather due to the GFX card being new seeinh how it must be DX 10 compatible?

Don’t forget Vista’s shiny graphics bloat the OS.[/quote]

A) No what I should have added there would be on the same system specs this would be the case. Even with a DX9 card and DX9 game. It all has to do with the optimisation process for how Vista talks to the hardware.

B) Again the fact that Aero “bloats” the OS is a myth. Tests have shown that if your PC has a graphics card capable of showing Aero off, then there will be a negligible amount of FPS loss in games. Obviously, the the GFX card is dung and you try to use Aero this will prove problematic.

(Diecast5) #51

And check out the price here that is if you can get it form this place. http://www.tigerdirect.com/indexus.asp?SRCCODE=WEBGOOTD&CMP=KNC-GOOGL[/quote]

the 7600gs is very weak. the GT is such a high jump…

What you want to invest for ETQW is on the 7900gs or higher…or a x1950gt or higher…[/quote]

Yes I under stand what your getting at but my friends tell me that the 7600 GS or GT is good I realy cant not pay for that much for that 7900 card yet but I am look at the prices .

(NoControl) #52

Yes I under stand what your getting at but my friends tell me that the 7600 GS or GT is good I realy cant not pay for that much for that 7900 card yet but I am look at the prices .

What cpu, mobo and how much ram you have atm? GT would be better for QW than GS(obviously) and you should aim for that, imo, should run the game pretty well.

(ktr) #53

this is a ideal card…as good as the 7900gs…

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102034

(murka) #54

so cheap???
omg here it costs three times that. geesh i hate ur country.

(ktr) #55

later this year, newegg is planning to start a new operation in Europe

(Brinkman) #56

im gonna see how well my 7600gs runs with the 512vram… if it’s okay i’ll stick with that… otherwise i’ll save up for an 8800 :smiley:

(murka) #57

europe means uk germany or sth like that, i aint going to leave my country very far to get hardware(ehm the travelling costs exceed the price difference.)

(ToonarmY) #58

i would buy more ram 1st

(Brinkman) #59

i would buy more ram 1st[/quote]you read it wrong… vram, video ram on the card

i have 2 gigs of ddr2 system ram right now

(Diecast5) #60

I have Celeron D CPU 3.20 , I can go higher but I can not spend anymore than what you guy’s think , My 2.0 GB of ram is ok I can go to 4 GB if I want to . I can not spend more then $130.00 right now . So I am sticking with what I need to play with 7600 GS 512 ram should be ok .