Why was stoker nerfed, and why wasnt it in the patch notes?

(HadronZodiac) #1

^^^^

The molotov was obviously nerfed (not being to take out a full ev when the ev is immobile inside the fire the whole time, even with the ev being shot the whole time as well). Idk why it was done, since the molotov was in a good place before soooo

How to One Shot the EV with Molotov in video
(Jigstraw) #2

i wouldn’t be so sure it was nerfed, it’s always been incredibly buggy. Maybe destroying EV’s in one molotov was the bug; it’s pretty likely considering the molotov has separate “zones” for dealing inner flame, and outer flame damage, and the EV seems to be comprised of multiple parts which might have been taking and registering damage separately, from the two different parts of the molotov

(HadronZodiac) #3

A lot of times it stops dead center (me and my time know taking everyone out is best for full molo effect), and still does petty damage (about 4/5 damage)

(DarkangelUK) #4

He wasn’t nerfed. Please do some testing before making accusations like this, he wasn’t ‘obviously nerfed’, again don’t make threads based on any thought that enters your head. If you have evidence then you can create a new thread and present it.

(D'@athi) #5

You sure? Direct-hit probably is the same, but radius feels kinda different, probably some angle-thing, but I’d guess it’s the veteran’s ©"perceptional-thing", right?

(HadronZodiac) #6

I did testing (i literally said that)

The ev cant be finished by an ev over a full fire now

Replicable ^

Nerfed

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #7

I don’t remember the molotov ever being able to destroy an EV in one go, dead center and being shot at. Maybe it was able to, and I just don’t remember, but Stoker isn’t meant to be an EV-buster anyways. If it can’t now, assuming it could before, I think that’s the way it should be.

Where? You never even said the word “testing” or “test” until this post.

(D'@athi) #8

EV, wtf? Didn’t even think of that, and never saw that 2bh. But my molotov’s are doing less dmg these days, than I remember them doing before. F.e. they aren’t even able to kill some low-hp-merc not beeing hit directly anymore.
Dunno, kinda had the same feeling as @ts, on the other side, probably the server soley simply lags more on the reaction-way back-2-me.

(K1X455) #9

Yup
 silent nerf discovered.

(DarkangelUK) #10

You literally didn’t say anything of the sort. I play Stoker a lot, I don’t ever remember him being able to one shot a still EV with a single molly solo

(Smooth) #11

We’ve not made any balance changes to the Molotov this year, however it does have some inconsistent interactions with the EV due to the way UE3 physics works. Something we do have on our bug backlog to try and resolve.

We’ve never wanted a Molotov to be able to take out an EV entirely by itself (it’s much more of an anti-personnel/area-denial ability). Against the EV it should typically take 2/3 Molotovs to fully take it out.

(Begin2018) #12

I did it hundreds of time. It takes some time, but if the EV doesn’t move, it works.
Don’t do useless comments please.

Too bad because I mainly play Stocker in EV maps for this (and disable generators but now Javelin is better at it as she one shot them instantly).

(DarkangelUK) #13

You literally just replied to the guy who said nothing has been changed and it should always take 2 to 3 mollys, be a bit more polite please, and you’re also wrong.

(HadronZodiac) #14

When i notice it multiple times, its tested

(HadronZodiac) #15

With at least one person emptying their gun (while on an ammo station)?

(HadronZodiac) #16

Agreed, if the ev is right on top of the fire (doesnt move at all) it was able to be taken out sooooo

(DarkangelUK) #17

You got your answer, he wasn’t nerfed or changed at all, and he’s never been able to single molly an EV (learn to multi-quote, I sent you a guide)

(HadronZodiac) #18

Yeah ik i just forgot, anyways ty, its clearly not a nerf rather a bug

Also multiple people said its been able to (because it has, u must just use it wrong)

(DarkangelUK) #19

You and one other (probably incorrectly) said it, several said no including the developer, and if it somehow happened i’d say there were other factors at play that you were ignorant towards. Dev said no, so no

(HadronZodiac) #20

im guessing u didnt read the word typically

Also, i said with teammates shooting it down while on the fire, sooooo u are the ignorant one for not paying attention to that ;/