What SD game would you want to see next?

(tokamak) #81

I thought you just did!

(Humate) #82

Ofcourse you are. ^___^

(Loffy) #83

I voted for BRINK 2 but it can be Other as well. Suggestions for next PC game:
Reward the ones that play often. Practise makes perfect.
Everything in the game should be easy to comprehend, incluiding a simple weapon selection. In Brink, there are weapon/abilities that I do not understand. Did I lose that duel because I lacked the ability to pick the right weapon, from a selection system that I cannot comprehend?
No unfair, unexplainable random deaths.
Have humour/easter eggs. The T4-P1r on the missile in Brink is what I want to see. There could be much more of this inside the map.
Have awesome voice/narratives. E.g. “Dynamite planted”, from RtCW, “They broken into the bank!”, from W:ET, and “Oh My Strogg!” from ETQW.
The first half of all maps should favour the attackers really well, so that we at least get a game going. Rust Harbour or whatever you are called, I am looking at you.
A gym or at least some wieght lifting equipment. There are tons of well trained characters in game, but where do they practise. It should be some signs of exercise somewhere in one map.
No clotter on screen. Symbols and name tags must be possible to change (size/transparence).
Awesome gun sounds, like in Brink. Keep that.
A closed beta test. Iron out the bugs. I am willing to work hard on my free time to help you with this, and I am sure many with me.
Female characters. Drop half the guns, and half the sound assets, if that is what it takes.
SDK.
A CTF mode.
A defence-against-more-and-more-bots-attacking-bots mod. I.e. 1 minute to set up a defence, then try to hold the fort for as long as possible.
Instant reaction to button pressing. Today, I do not like the fact that it takes so much time for things to happen when I press a button.
The ability to drop med packs. You got to bring this one back.
Less bounce nades.

(tokamak) #84

The first half of all maps should favour the attackers really well

Yikes, no. I know you’re talking about Container City here, but right at the start the attackers do have an advantage. They have a small window in which planting the bomb is almost impossible to stop. Waste that window and the whole thing becomes undoable. That’s what made the whole thing so frustrating.

These kind of blitzes at the start are really bad for the game, especially because there’s always a bunch of people not completely ready at the start (loading, getting coffee, changing load etc).

A good first objective is one that isn’t unpenetrable but just really delayable. I think by far the best example is starting with the MCP at ETQW’s Refinery. That thing will always arrive at it’s spot, but the time it takes for it to get there is highly dependable of the effort of both teams. That’s what makes it so great. It’s just an all-round great warmup.

(Exedore) #85

Do you have an example of this? Nobody would intentionally add this to a game. Well… almost nobody.

(Apples) #86

exe : the more you add before game (weapon selection is random when you pick a large enough panel of player and too much weapon to select) the more death become random, well thats how I see it, I’m really sure you can make a simple game with the SD core content and everyone will be happy, I do know it may not be super thrilling and over exciting, but thats what I (we?) want :wink:

Peace out

(Exedore) #87

The thing is, the deaths are never unexplainable, it’s that the game does a bad job of communicating why it happened. I don’t think complex sets of circumstances are inherently bad, as long as players are given the chance to realize what happened and learn from it.

Anyway, back to adventuring on the island…

(Loffy) #88

No example from BRINK. Ladders n stuff works well there.

(Dormamu) #89

Something new, a new IP property of SD, not bound by any contract, with no baggage attached, with some resemblance of their previous games but with new ideas (and with sdk/beta/demo). This new IP should be multyplatform made first for the PC and after 4 moths released for the xbox360/ps3 , with something different for every platform (may it be a map/ui/guns/etc so every owner can feel that it has a different game from the others). Also, the best mods/maps/tweaks made by the community and voted by SD will be sold for the console/pc market at a reasonable price, as a dlc/mappack/addon with the option that a small amount from the dlc price (say 0.1%) will go to those who made it.

(Humate) #90

[QUOTE=Exedore;389124]The thing is, the deaths are never unexplainable, it’s that the game does a bad job of communicating why it happened. I don’t think complex sets of circumstances are inherently bad, as long as players are given the chance to realize what happened and learn from it.

Anyway, back to adventuring on the island…[/QUOTE]

When combat is predicated on rolling dice, and not skill/awareness it doesnt matter whether its explainable.

(nUllSkillZ) #91

A game that runs under GNU/Linux.

(Fnoros) #92

Whatever they do, i want to see more of the SMART system.

(Humate) #93

[QUOTE=Exedore;389124]The thing is, the deaths are never unexplainable, it’s that the game does a bad job of communicating why it happened. I don’t think complex sets of circumstances are inherently bad, as long as players are given the chance to realize what happened and learn from it.

Anyway, back to adventuring on the island…[/QUOTE]

From a players perspective most games do a good job of letting you know what killed you.
You either get the camera that snaps the view to the player that killed you, or you get the full kill cam with loadout stuff or a well presented kill log with the name of the weapon that killed you.

What they do a bad job in doing, is giving the “correct” sort of information so that death can either be avoided or countered in the moment.

(Nail) #94

make it work on THIS and I’ll be truly impressed

(SockDog) #95

It runs Q3. With some optimisations you could have a PC capable of playing Q3, RTCW and W:ET as well as being a full PC for under 50 quid. Just saying in case Bethesda needed some help in earning a cheap buck.

(Nail) #96

I chuckled when I realized a 32Gig SD card cost more than the comp, but I’ll be getting at least a couple

(AeroAtlas) #97

I would LOVE to see Brink 2. Brink was the best game I had ever play and I’ve played alot of games. I feel so bad for Splash Damage cuz the made a masterpiece, but they promised the wrong things and the game is now so scarcely loved. Brink > All :slight_smile:

(Dragonji) #98

W:ET remake FTW! There is no reason to make QW2 since QW is almost a died game, almost all servers are empty… ET is still alive so there will be for sure a lot of people who would like to play new ET (but not the fail one like Wolfenstein 2009). Just my opinion.

(Patriotqube) #99

W:ET 2 on a new but suitable engine

keep movements and spreads as they are

introduce some new and fancy stuff, improve gfx, make sure its just a scustomisable as the current, and make sure implemntation of mods and custommaps is just as easy as it is now, automatic redirect etc

ETQW was doomed from beginning because of the ranked server idea, and because no new player had a clue about how to ad new mods etc etc, and my personally hate no. 1, the idea of having to be 4 or nore ppl on a server before game starts wtf.

Brink as an idea is good, but again all the restrictions just crashed it, buy new maps? wtf, why no decent way of tweaking your cfg :(, and customization of servers is nonexistent, to few maps, no SDK, no Linux server binaries etc etc

W:ET > All other FPS as of now, impressive

(Testeo) #100

I vote for ETQW 2.

Like Tokamak post, I have a similar ideas.

The campaign´s could be:

• GDF assault the Strogg battleships in Earth orbit (to Capture Strogg Hyperspace technology and utilice it to attack strogg planet)
  • GDF defend of strogg counter-attack in Strogg planet orbit
  • GDF Attack, landing in Strogg planet
  • GDF Attack/defend in Battles in Strogg planet.

The GDF spawn could be like BF 2142, Soldiers coming in stuff like scape capsules.

On the subject of Persistant stuff and XP, I like the current “vanilla” scheme.

And dont forget the “NOSTALGIC BONUS PACK”, a remade of ETQW maps in ETQW 2.