Only hippies quit jobs?

(.Chris.) #83

Alpha 5 is now available from here.

Also updated original post.

(Ashog) #84

YAY!

Click me!

(Runeforce) #85

Looking forward to try it out! How far is it from “playable”? (I.e. “close to done”?)

(.Chris.) #86

All stages are in now, it’s a fully working map.

(Kl3ppy) #87

Very nice map. Had apart from the hidden disk at the end just one clipping error. At first objective I got stuck on the little stairs between the forward spawn point and the entrance to the objective building. Had to jump on the stairs to avoid to get stuck at the first step.

(.Chris.) #88

I’ve fixed the cell bug and clipped the stairs in that area, not sure which ones you meant but clipped any that weren’t already done.

Was interesting to see that in the last version on the generator stage that everyone pretty much went the side route which is quite dangerous as is more cramped, however this time most went the main way now I removed the doors that made it look like GDF only, and neglected the side route, I think there was a lot of new players though.

EDIT: Can download the update now from: http://www.battle-of-wolken.co.uk/temp/z_wake_a5a.pk4

(Runeforce) #89

For some reason I can’t get the megatexture to display. The ground is all black. Both when running it in objective and putting it in a campaign. I also tried different visual quality settings, but no go. Is there a megatexture included in the file? (I dived into pack and it loks like it is included. Why can’t I get it to display? I would really like to include this map in our rotation for next week, help!)

(.Chris.) #90

Launch it through etqwpro once, will extract it for you, to do it manually open pk4 and look for wake_lit.dat in /megatextures extract to the /megatextures folder in installation folder and renamed to wake_lit.mega

(Runeforce) #91

I moved the megatextures directory and its content out of z_wake_a5a.pk4 “0x304ac459”, which changed it to z_wake_a5b.pk4 “0xaea7785b”, into a new pk4 pack and included both my new pk4’s md5sum in a campaign rotation file and it works. Wierd Stuff! (But I found out why!) THIS SOLUTION IS SUB-OPTIMAL! Look further down this post to see the better solution (one pk4 file.)

z_wake_a5b_mega.pk4 “0xcf44ddf0”
/addon.conf

addonDef{

}

/megatextures/wake_lit.dat & detail & detailmask tga’s

/script/mega/wake_mega.script

//nothing here

Which led me to realise, the only thing that is missing in the original pk4 file “0x304ac459” is

/script/mega/wake_mega.script

//nothing here

Now the megatexture displays correctly in vanilla and qwta_v35.

(_Wizard_) #92

Hey Chris, just wanted to let you know that we hopped on the Nirvana server to play Wake Island (the a5a version), and the final objective transmit was still bugged. If the Strogg grab the data disc and it gets returned, it spawns below the map.

(.Chris.) #93

Yeah, would help if I added the new compiled map to the new pk4 :slight_smile:

Here is the really fixed version. http://www.battle-of-wolken.co.uk/temp/z_wake_a5b.pk4

Runeforce, you shouldn’t need to add that stuff, just run the map with either etqwpro or qwta which both have the mega extra mod integrated.

(Ashog) #94

wtf energy cell looks like a German beer cup! :smiley:

(Donnovan) #95

Nice map!

(Pytox) #96

Seems pretty cool stuff Chris , gonna reinstall ETQW to check it out :slight_smile:

(Khamul) #97

We played it today;( u have to wait to next sunday :stroggtapir:

(.Chris.) #98

Require feedback for the first two stages of this map.

(taw_m0nsta) #99

Would love to, just have to play again soon, been a while. I think in overall there is too much rush for both sides to get on the first objective. Would be better to squad up and go different directions… Maybe get rid of the icaruses and huskies (= extra rocket launchers on the map), and try with some bigger vehicles. Desi and trojan can swim, so, would be nice if you can make it interesting for making it useful to use a vehicles as a shield. How many players do you have in mind to play this map? So far I think doing a 12v12 is too much…

(Violator) #100

1st obj - more cover for strogg across bridge, sniper heaven for GDF (though can be countered to a certain extent).
Get a bit lost in the 1st obj - some signs?

2nd obj - please fix the fwd spawn for strogg :slight_smile:
Very hard to get plant - choke at top of stairs hard to break through.