Wake Island [WIP]

(timestart) #41

Works fine in vanilla, etqwpro and qwta here. As Chris said, logs please :). In particular, include output of the path command after game restarts with the map.

(taw_m0nsta) #42

I was able to play it on Nirvana. Can it be (for some maps) that it is required to be listed in a campaign file?
Anyway, I was very impressed about the last objective. I quickly made a few screenshots to point out few things

After trowing my portal is this little bunker I ended up being in a glitchy area: (was hoping for a quick (drone) route or something.)

I was kinda disappointed about the look and feel of this hack objective. You almost walk by it since its looks like an default map element. Maybe a glowing sign with big blinking letters “Hack objective ---->” would help ^^ (some servers play with arrows and icons off)

I know I am not running ETQW on highest quality, but looking at this from close distance it looks a bit poor.

When going for the last objective I noticed this area and tried to find the entrie from above, i could not find it. Is it there?

When I was close to the plant objetive this door was almost not letting me in. The corners bumbed me back but forcing going straight helped. Reminded me of my first time ^^

This inside is looking awesome! But after I planted I missed a ladder or a trick jump to get up higher.

(taw_m0nsta) #43

Can you tell me how to write/strore this log? With a writelog command or something? I can make a screenshot of the last +/- 20 lines

(Scrupus) #44

condump filename :slight_smile:

(.Chris.) #45

[QUOTE=taw_m0nsta;376477]I was able to play it on Nirvana. Can it be (for some maps) that it is required to be listed in a campaign file?
Anyway, I was very impressed about the last objective. I quickly made a few screenshots to point out few things

After trowing my portal is this little bunker I ended up being in a glitchy area: (was hoping for a quick (drone) route or something.)[/QUOTE]

Known issue.

Never got around to replacing it, it’s from MoP’s version.

GDF Spawn.

Strange. Yeah lol.

[QUOTE=taw_m0nsta;376477]This inside is looking awesome! But after I planted I missed a ladder or a trick jump to get up higher.
[/QUOTE]

Ladder was intended and is now in.

(Ashog) #46

new estate is now on server, yes.

(Ashog) #47

Dunno if it’s me or not, but i saw this black texture in a side entrance to second obj:

(Dthy) #48

Not just you, we’ve all seen it and chris said (iirc) that it’s because their is no ambient light

(.Chris.) #49

GDF second spawn

Bottom of lift shaft.

Beach entrance room

New objective.

(taw_m0nsta) #50

Liked the improvements I saw yesterday Chris. The new hack objective looks much better now! Btw sorry for killing you so many times with the Rocket Launcher that much, its the only weapon thats sort of stable for me in ProMod ^^

(Scrupus) #51

Yeah it looked a lot more polished now, also played much better with those fixed doors on second, ladders, and stuff on second objective. Still find the way from GDF spawn to second objective a bit confusing, but it was better. I didn’t really like the truck that’s in the way when you leave GDF spawn and go down the big tunnel, but it was maybe meant as cover? Well that’s nitpicking and not important.

But I think you should make the strogg forward spawn be selected by default, like every other forward spawn.

You still miss something from the megatexture hotfix Donnovan made I think - the mega still looks a bit blurry (missing details?).

But all in all, very promising. Now finish objective 3 and 4 :slight_smile:

(Ashog) #52

Yeah forward spawn not by default makes little sense to me.

The 2nd objective was a bit hard to access, but maybe it’s because of almost full server. Tho 2 of 3 entrances to it lead past gdf spawn afaik.

The lift in the shaft makes you get stuck in certain place - that’s the first thing I experienced yesterday after I got onto server :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #53

Hehe.

From game log:

• Ashog connected.
  • X killed Y
  • Ashog: I’m stuck!!

(Scrupus) #54

I went via that shaft a couple of times, didn’t have any problems with it. Just add a info_location marker named “Ashog teabagging cage”, problem solved :tongue:

(Ashog) #55

ROFLomius! :smiley:

Sounds like a good idea :o

(taw_m0nsta) #56

Can we expect an update of this awesome map this week? 0:-)

(.Chris.) #57

Yeah, if you fancy writing my construction management assignment for me that is.

(taw_m0nsta) #58

LOL, ok copy.

(.Chris.) #59

7 months later:

Part of a sewer network that connects the forward spawn to a room near the hack objective and that vent area you could teleport into.

(Donnovan) #60

AWESOMA STUFFA.

May be the bars on the gate are a bit large.
Ground shine is amazing.
Liked the patch walls.
Cool sewer feeling.
Lights (ambient + lights) are great.