Tweaking Dirty Bomb Config

(appreciativeBuster) #41

Bump.

Can’t make buildings gray nomore?

Remove ground folliage?

Make cracks in walls gone?

(RIS1machine*) #42

is there somethings to hide the gun ingame ? like in et Drawgun ?

(RIS1machine*) #43

Can i hide the weapon like in ET ? drawgun ?

(RIS1machine*) #44

Can i hide the weapon like in ET ? drawgun ?

(transcendentalClash) #45

the second config does not work i tried it many times also the other high fps configs must have been patched !?

(transcendentalClash) #46
  1. tried second config does not work also all the other high fps config it does not look the same like in the video u showed us i think it got patched !?

(Humbug) #47

[quote=“transcendentalClash;20231”][list=1]
[*] tried second config does not work also all the other high fps config it does not look the same like in the video u showed us i think it got patched !?
[/list][/quote]

minimum resolution for textures is now limited to 64x64.
what you see in the video is 1x1
It was limited, because it gave some unfair advantage like looking through trees leaves.

(transcendentalClash) #48

ye like great fps well fuck

(umberInlet) #49

Doesn’t work for me. Whenever I check Read Only, the game won’t launch. Using Steam, btw.

(MuhQ) #50

Hey guys I did the config and is there any way to make my weapon have its normal skin? It’s black atm.

(facetiousCooler) #51

Thanks OP, ive been using the first FPS cfg and i got like ~20FPS increase! I also lowered my resolution so i can now run the game at 55~60FPS. Originally (before changing the resolution and the .ini file) id have 30FPS, sometimes even 40 indoors…

(swellEmperor) #52

i applied your cfg, but now when i’m in game i see everything black :\

(Chirs) #53

[quote=“appreciativeBuster;17543”]Bump.

Can’t make buildings gray nomore?

Remove ground folliage?

Make cracks in walls gone?[/quote]

According to the guide it’s bStaticDecalsEnabled=False
Static sprites on the map that don’t move: EX: Decorations, Existing bullet-holes in walls from the map creation, graffiti or writing. true for quality, false for performance Default True

It’s bDynamicDecalsEnabled=False for bullet holes etc that you make.

Notice that bullet holes etc are also mentioned in system settings:

StaticDecals=False and DynamicDecals=False

These are all set correctly in the performance cfg already.

(PogS) #54

You can find lots of configs here on Reddit :
http://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/search?q=config&restrict_sr=on

(Chirs) #55

Thanks @PogS! Yeah, plenty there. Seems pretty straightforward just don’t want to be on the wrong side of SD policy (as soon as someone tells me what it is, but I’m guessing they’re a little busy trying to stabilise the game with the launch of open beta).

(STOGE) #56

I made a steam guide promoting your FPS configs and any other FPS gaining methods, but I think it seems a little light on content. If any of you can think of anything I could add please inform me somehow, whether it’s me that adds it or you (can make you a contributor).

link

(irresistiblePoll) #57

@lateCharm same problem, i tried to replace Defaultengine instead but then game simply doesn’t launch

(irresistiblePoll) #58

(I played 1st mission, still can’t see ShooterEngine.ini, played a lot of missions anyway, should have created it before)

(Mescman) #59

Are there any ways to change the brightness in dirty bomb? (other than gamma)

Like in quake/rtcw/et there were these /r_intensity, /r_mapoverbrightbits and /r_overbrightbits etc commands.

(goldenrodPickle) #60

can some reupload the: Performance config (February 21 DB build. 6th March - still works). because when i press download or copy text, it makes thousands of lands with no spaces between and isnot organised so i can use it