Tweaking Dirty Bomb Config

(Fake nick) #21

Did you use ShooterEngine.ini.ini ?? lol
But I’m glad that now everything is working.
One more thanks to @LuLNope for cfg. I’ve got this illness that doesn’t let me do my own. It’s called Laziness :wink:

(NuclearSharkhead) #22

[quote=“appreciativeBuster;9575”]IT WORKED

THANK YOU FAKENICK, CFG GOD

60FPS

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf23ru-oLqEafQYoLujlMnwYaM2JfjluZ5kq45awSv8-MTspe6VggySdk

goodbye sunlight[/quote]

Any screenshots? I’d like to see what your game looks like now.

(LuLNope) #23

@NuclearSharkhead
I added a video showing graphics after applying first config. Second cfg is even uglier, but they do increase the framerate.

(appreciativeBuster) #24

Cheers DikkeLul

(appreciativeBuster) #25

So the graphics can go down even further?

Perhaps stripping mercs a bit too?
Anyhow cheers, it’s smooth sailing on 60fps

(LuLNope) #26

@appreciativeBuster
There’s a parameter “SkeletalMeshLODBias”, the higher value it takes the less detailed mercs look. I THINK 10 is maximum value and I’m pretty sure I already set it to 10 in the 2nd cfg(default value is 0).

If you want to play around with your cfg to get higher performance try setting it to some higher values, maybe I’m wrong about it being capped at 10. Actually the same goes for every parameter with “LODBias” in the name.

(appreciativeBuster) #27

How do I access the console to execute ShooterConfig.Ini?

I got it to work but now it seems i’m back at 30 frames and it keeps resetting despite putting it on “read-only”

Lets try again :stuck_out_tongue:

(appreciativeBuster) #28

What about skybox?

Would probably solve a lot with no sky :stuck_out_tongue:

(LuLNope) #29

You don’t execute it, you open it in notepad and edit it like a normal txt file. To save changes make sure to untick the read only thingy, otherwise changes won’t save because file will be … read only.

I don’t know how to remove skybox. I might look into it if i need better performance for some reason.

(appreciativeBuster) #30

TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=2,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

I suppose these are lowest settings already :(?
q3 tutorial really doesn’t have much basis here

or i’d be inputting r/cg_ commands from ET already XD

(appreciativeBuster) #31

Accessing console is ù for me

Other people say it’s ’ or ö

Darn I pushed first cfg to 70 frames but then it goes like 40 - 70 -

Shaaammeee, i’ll figure it out eventually.

Looking for
Skybox cvar
Ground folliage (grass, etc)
The lower the gfx on houses, the better
NO SHADOWS

Thanks for giving me the initial config, hope I can mess around with it

(lateCharm) #32

Hello good sirs.
I recently bought the game on steam, and cannot find the ShooterEngine.ini in my steam’s ShooterGame/Config/ directory.
Any solutions?

Thanks.

(appreciativeBuster) #33

Try the search function of windows and input “Shooterengine”

or go to your maps/computer
then input

C:\Users\yourcomputernamehere\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Config

(LuLNope) #34

@lateCharm
Run the game first and play the training mission. The game should create all the files then if they aren’t there now.

@appreciativeBuster
If you want even lower details without Vsync and framerate cap take second config and search for bSmoothFrameRate=True and set it to false also set to false UseVsync=True. I don’t know if you can get noticeably lower than 2nd config. I don’t think so.

(lateCharm) #35

It worked, cheers.

(Humbug) #36

You can get way lower graphics by setting “ScreenPercentage=100.0000” to a lower value

(KangaJoo) #37

I like the fps boost but is there a way to make it so the lights on the floor from aura’s med stations still show up?

(Zenity) #38

I was actually looking for this one, worried that UE3 didn’t have that feature yet.

It would be great to have this option exposed in the graphic settings. It’s much more flexible than changing resolution, and you still get sharp menus and UIs. What’s not to like?

(MaesTro) #39

[quote=“Ahli;9349”] I would like to be able to add my own binds (e.g. sensitivity toggle, fov change while holding down the use button, etc…) again.

So, was anyone able to add their own bindings somewhere in the ini files with the current update?[/quote]

Any luck doing this? I was wondering if there’s anyway to make such bind’s, especially fov toggles (either have a button to change between 2 determined fovs or at least increasing fov while on iron sight)

(CaRe) #40

[quote=“MaesTro;14558”][quote=“Ahli;9349”] I would like to be able to add my own binds (e.g. sensitivity toggle, fov change while holding down the use button, etc…) again.

So, was anyone able to add their own bindings somewhere in the ini files with the current update?[/quote]

Any luck doing this? I was wondering if there’s anyway to make such bind’s, especially fov toggles (either have a button to change between 2 determined fovs or at least increasing fov while on iron sight)
[/quote]

I’ve tried it a patch later and it worked again. Maybe I’ve done something wrong the first time.

The key bindings are in ShooterInput.ini which can be found at “C:\Users\userName\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Config”.

The first category “[Engine.PlayerInput]” contains the bindings during your gameplay, so the settings to shoot, run, change weapons, etc.

Other categories contain bindings for other events. For example you need to edit that to alter the chat hotkey during the score screen.

For example, here is my binding to alter the FOV while repairing/constructing/etc:

Bindings=(Name="UseCmd",Command="SetUse true | FOV 100 | OnRelease SetUse false | OnRelease FOV 74")

Unfortunately, I’ve noticed that my bind from above creates FPS freezes which are really annoying. In case someone knows how to “fix” the lags, I would love to get rid of them.