Tweaking Dirty Bomb Config

(impishUvula) #61

I have a quesiton, which commands tamper with the textures on the skybox and buildings, I want set them on default.
And the shadows look buggy, some textures are really dark while others are really bright in places where is should have been otherwise, which is the command to fix that?

(What A Noob) #62

I still have a problem. I did everything. Back up pasted original ShooterEngine(.ini.) . Then went back into Config and deleted every thing inside of ShooterEngine and pasted the Maximum smoothness. But it had spaces before every code.(Four spaces I think) And it didn’t work. Then I had to mess around and clicked fork and copy what was in the fork. I pasted and DB loaded up. Went into match and the only thing change was Arua healing station didn’t have the circle around it…

Edit: Fixed it but it stays at the same fps. As before.

(jetHedge) #63

How could I change the Mercs back to what they look like?

(misspo) #64

Delet your C:\Users???\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Config
folder

(p4v) #65

Is there any specific line that allows to turn on effects on the ground like the debris caused by Kira’s laser? I set all decals to True but I still don’t have debris on the ground. Any ideas?

(misspo) #66

@p4v
Hi, maybe it’s already in the game. Like in the graphic option pannel.

(weightyBologna) #67

@LuLNope said:
Anyone sporting older rig might be interested in tweaking DB config to get a few additional fps. You will find the config file in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Config\ShooterEngine.ini

Usefull links to UE3 engine tweaking tutorials:
forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/17400-Tweak-Engine-ini-Tweaks-with-explanations
https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/937270-The-ULTIMATE-UDK-UE3-speed-tweak-guide

They’re extremely easy to understand. At the time I got access to these tutorials I knew absolutely nothing about tweaking UE3 cfgs and after following what’s written in them I managed to get decent results on my first try.

Finished Configs:
1.Performance config (February 21 DB build. 6th March - still works)

2.Performance config set for maximum smoothness (March 7th, even lower graphics, vsync on, framerate smoothing set to 60fps)

How to use it:
1.Open file explorer and go here: C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Config
2. Make a backup of your original config file (ShooterEngine.ini).
3. Rename the downloaded config to ShooterEngine.ini and copy it over your old config. Make sure not to delete backup by mistake.
4. Open the file in notepad and search for ‘ResX’, change this and ResY that’s right below it to whatever is your resolution. Save changes.
5. Right click on the ShooterEngine.ini -> properties -> set it to read only.

It might push average fps to the smooth side on older setups at the price of terrible graphics Mercs are still easily recognizable. This is not the absolutely lowest you can get, but it’s pretty close.

EDIT: Make sure to set framerate smoothing in 2nd config to match your display refresh rate. Actual performance using 2nd config will probably be worse but game will feel a lot smoother regardless.

After applying the config game will look like this:
Cfg 1, Trainyard

(weightyBologna) #68

Hey please help me out. I’ve been trying to make this work for about 3 days now. I either get a black screen or nothing changes at all. I’m confident and certain i have done everything step by step in the guide and i don’t know what’s wrong. Maybe it’s outdated? Please help, thank you. :slight_smile:

(HeroToZero) #69

The original post is from 6 months ago… it is Deff outdated. and yeah you wasted three days. potato configs got patched out none of them work anymore sadly. only half a month later than your post but ehh you know

(xephyr) #70

Definitely gonna try this cfg!

I always used to play quake on high picmip as well. It gives me a clearer view on what is actually important in the game rather than the unnecessary graphics.

(swiftGoggles) #71

I just downloaded both configs (because i didnt know witch one to use) i followed the guide exactly, the 2nd config worked but the first didnt do anything. My question is how do i get my game looking all matte and ugly like in the video? What config should i use and does it only work on certain maps or certain resolutions thnx for the help :slight_smile:

(swiftGoggles) #72

Also do i have to start the game with the config in read only mode or nothing ticked?

(pricelessBusiness) #73

I did everything right, but it still won’t work. Please help

(enigmaplatypus) #74

i can’t get this to work :frowning: and if it did it actually seemed to make things worse :frowning:

(loftyDetail) #75

HELP ME PLEASE:

I followed tons of tutorials step by step and I did everything right, but the game looks the same with every config file i try, I really don’t know what to do.