TLR 5v5 Cup

(Seanza) #1

It is with a great amount of pleasure that I can announce the first edition of our Enemy Territory: Quake Wars tournaments. The plan is to run these weekly every Wednesday through the month of September. With ET:QW not being a majorly active game, we are prepared for a low number of signups, but at the same time are hopeful to help towards the game regaining competitive activity.

Whilst these cups are merely for fun and games, the idea is to take things to the next step and provide good prizes from our sponsors. If this is something that you want to see happen, then get yourselves involved!

Site: TLR ETQW 5v5 CUP
Admins: Seanza, matsy

Getting involved is extremely easy. You don’t even need to sign up the site! Team captains can sign their team up here making sure they add all players who will be active in this cup. Mix teams & non-EU teams* are allowed too.

The cup starts at 7.30pm CET (That’s 1 hour ahead of current UK time)

Rules:

[ul][li]Teams must have atleast 5 players.
[/li][li]Servers must run this config.
[/li][li]All matches must be played using ETQWPro 1.0.
[/li][li]Everything else as standard cup rules[/ul]
[/li]
Maps:

[ul][li]Area 22
[/li][li]Island
[/li][li]Maridia (Download)
[/li][li]Refinery (es_skipMCP 2)
[/li][li]Salvage
[/li][li]Sewer
[/li][li]Volcano[/ul]
[/li]
Files:

[ul][li]Server config
[/li][li]Maridia
[/li][li]ETQWPro 1.0[/ul]
[/li]
Good luck to all & have a great time! If you have anything you want to ask or suggest, reply to this thread.

• By signing up as a non-EU team, you are agreeing to playing on EU-based servers & timezone.

Read the rest of the news post here.

(Ashog) #2

jaja, Senza’s cups = fail by default…

(channa) #3

well no one is forcing you to play or be involved and i dont see anyone else trying to bring some life back into the game

nice one seanza signed up and ready to go but i do need a 5th

(xTriXxy) #4

thats perfect. thumbs up!

www.elit3s.com.eSports

(light_sh4v0r) #5

Oh nice job on the sponsors, good luck!

(oliveoil) #6

I would sign up but SEANZAAA but wednesday will interfere with my world cup!

(Seanza) #7

Since when have you been hatin’ on me Ashog?! You love my teabagging :smiley: How’s you dude? <3

New cup every Wednesday so just sign up to those you can make it to : )

(tirok) #8

Very nice idea!

(light_sh4v0r) #9

Oh you’re doing an entire cup every wednesday! In that case I might just join on one if I can find a free Wednesday and a team who will have a player who is ridiculously far from his top performance. :tongue:

I wonder why this got stickied while the worldcup and Aristotle’s efforts didn’t :rolleyes:

(Seanza) #10

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;237571]Oh you’re doing an entire cup every wednesday! In that case I might just join on one if I can find a free Wednesday and a team who will have a player who is ridiculously far from his top performance. :tongue:

I wonder why this got stickied while the worldcup and Aristotle’s efforts didn’t :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I like to think my efforts are on a slightly different level from the aforementioned in terms of prizes etc. Although nothing confirmed for this 1st cup, due to it being a series of cups I can 99% guarantee there will be something nice along the way. Aristotle’s is quite like me in that sense, to be fair.

Not to mention I pay SplashDamage endless amounts of cash for my e-fame.

(.Chris.) #11

Any reason your using b3 and not final?

(BMXer) #12

will ring… pm me k, thx.

(Seanza) #13

Yeah, I put the b3 link there in error! That’s the only reason. But it’s fixed now.

(AnthonyDa) #14

pb_sv_cvar net_clientMaxRate IN 16000 30000
pb_sv_cvar net_clientMaxPrediction IN 0 1500
pb_sv_cvar net_clientPrediction IN -20 20
pb_sv_cvar g_playerArrowIconSize IN 0 8

phail, don’t you think so ?

(Seanza) #15

Same settings that have been used in all previous cups I ran. Has something in the game changed that would cause these settings to be “phail”?

(AnthonyDa) #16

The fact that people used and abused thoses cvar to make them incredibly unhittable totally ruined the game experience.

For example, why would you use a negative net_clientPrediction value ?

You need to restrict a lot more those cvar, kick players not using them correctly at the first warning, forcing pb_screenshot in case they use rivatuner and so on.
There are too much glitch/exploit in the game, and the winner of this competition will only be based on how much laggy you can be, especially since it’s an infantry only comp.

(fry) #17

Why are negative values for net_clientprediction allowed?
Ever tested Jesus Ranked server? This server used to be a pure lag . But as soon as net_clientprediction was limited to 20-25 the server runs fine and noone lags though walls and stuff…

Ever tried to hit a player using net_clientprediction -20 when you have 20 ?

If you restrict net settings restrict them in a sensible way.

Nice job organizing a cup and getting sponsors though … hf gl for the cup

(Seanza) #18

What has to be understood is that this config has been tested and edited upon feedback from those who have tested it. As far as negative clientPrediction values go, -20 to 20 has never been a major issue. Anything outside of those values are where the problems start happening. When I originally brought in these values to the competitive config, these were the figures that were agreed upon the competitive community… another reason they remain unchanged.

(r3fleX) #19

[QUOTE=fry;237607]
Ever tested Jesus Ranked server? as soon as net_clientprediction was limited to 20-25 the server runs fine and noone lags though walls and stuff…

Ever tried to hit a player using net_clientprediction -20 when you have 20 ?[/QUOTE]

I still get lag on that server, people running through walls isnt too do with clientprediction… clientprediction affects the hit detection from my experience.

Also if you know you cant hit a player with a clientprediction of 20 why dont you change it so you can hit them?!

I wouldnt mind restrictions to values of 0 or more for clientprediction as i always have mine set to 0. :smiley: the main command i would like to see at default is the Net_clientmaxprediction at 1000, as this affects unhitness and there were rumours of people toggling this to run away and be unhit.

Anyway nice to see a couple of cups up and running again :slight_smile:

(AnthonyDa) #20

Talking about testers who tried their “supa lag” cfg? Then yes, they surely tried it.

And again, you should at least add a kick at the first pb warning and enforce the pb screenshots, don’t you think so ?