TLR 5v5 Cup

(channa) #21

hey guys

the thing is what you guys have to realise is the restrictions in place were put there to help stop abusing cvars so feedback regards to the restrictions is great becuase maybe peeps arent happy with them so its good that use are feeding this back but tbh i believe -20 is a fair restriction i my self personally use 0

regards to pb screenshots i believe this should be done and infact our server is already taken screenys

but anth what do you think the cvars should be restricted to?

(Tanzverbot) #22

pb_sv_cvar forum_punctuation_mark > 1

(AnthonyDa) #23

[quote=channa;237622]
but anth what do you think the cvars should be restricted to?[/quote]
I don’t have exact values in mind, but the delta between min&max for clientMaxRate & clientMaxPrediction are to big imo.

clientPrediction should always be > 0

And IIRC,everybody is thiking that playerArrowIconSize restricted to 8 only was BS, but this one isn’t really important.

And again, add cvar to kick at the first warn & enforce pb_screens.

(Donnovan) #24

Shut up and play the event AnthonyDA, i want some Pro demos. It’s were the fun is!

(Donnovan) #25

Team Nirvana?

Chris
AnthonyDA
Ashog
Shirosae
Timestart

Timestart comes last so all the Team get motivated at maximum win!

Stakeholder: Donnovan, with financial help. AnthonyDA can confirm the commitment.

This remembers me its time for the next share of hope, don’t AnthonyDA? Send me the email.

(INF3RN0) #26

Good luck seanzaaaaaa :). I’d play if I could just as a means of preping for Brink, what might the time window be GMT for dis thing (might try and ring if I’m ever around)?

(Apples) #27

[QUOTE=Donnovan;237681]Team Nirvana?

Chris
AnthonyDA
Ashog
Shirosae
Timestart

Stakeholder: Donnovan, with financial help. AnthonyDA can confirm the commitment.

This remembers me its time for the next share of hope, don’t AnthonyDA? Send me the email.[/QUOTE]

Add me you little pranksters! I’ll be teh ultimate sub as my mouse + schedule doesnt allow me to compete very hard…

(AltoKnallo) #28

[QUOTE=r3fleX;237613]I still get lag on that server, people running through walls isnt too do with clientprediction… clientprediction affects the hit detection from my experience.

Also if you know you cant hit a player with a clientprediction of 20 why dont you change it so you can hit them?!

I wouldnt mind restrictions to values of 0 or more for clientprediction as i always have mine set to 0. :smiley: the main command i would like to see at default is the Net_clientmaxprediction at 1000, as this affects unhitness and there were rumours of people toggling this to run away and be unhit.

Anyway nice to see a couple of cups up and running again :)[/QUOTE]

Afaik the server is the only instance that decides what a hit is. So imo the client prediction has influence only on what you hit, not on what your opponent hits. (ok, not at all, since your dodging is based on the prediction too).

If you disable prediction error decay (net_predictionErrorDecay), then you may see, how wrong client prediction can be. And then another kindly feature comes into place. If there is a big distance between where the player is (server) and where he should be (client), then a filter (net_limitApparent*) smoothes the adjustment. And so you may have another little delta between client an server.

Imo the whole unhitable mystery is based on ping differences between the opponents, huge ping fluctuations caused by the server and some paranoia. But maybe the devs can lift the „additional client prediction“ secret.

(Ashog) #29

[quote=Donnovan;237681]Team Nirvana?

Chris
AnthonyDA
Ashog
Shirosae
Timestart

This remembers me its time for the next share of hope, don’t AnthonyDA? Send me the email.[/quote]

Can delete me from the list.

(Dthy) #30

I’ll merc for if peeps need someone :smiley:

(treefrog) #31

Nice looking out Seanza.

(Seanza) #32

Thanks dude. Get me a Strife TV shirt. :smiley:

(treefrog) #33

haha, I don’t have any left. but maybe if you remind me in the future. I just shipped my last one out to Bristol as a matter of fact.

(_KaszpiR_) #34

edit:
thanks timestart

http://kaszpir.hlds.pl/etqw/tlr5v5.zip

(Seanza) #35

[QUOTE=KaszpiR;238209]edit:
thanks timestart

http://kaszpir.hlds.pl/etqw/tlr5v5.zip[/QUOTE]

I had changed the directory on my FTP, sorry :slight_smile:

(Dthy) #36

GAhhh need to find a team!!

(Apples) #37

No team to play with? want a fcin chilled team? contact me @ #biatch.etqw, my tactics for this cup is eazy peazy, I play the noob, you do the job!

orrie ? lks? move yer ass my sweet mates from the east…

(Donnovan) #38

“Hey Apple!” Annoying Orange Line.

Here is Don_The_Bob.

Yes, you is in the Nirvana Team!! But as things are going we will be ready for matchs in 2 or 3 years!

I will talk to people tonight, on #biatch.etqw, the homeland of the Good player.

(Seanza) #39

2 more teams and we’ve hit our target for this initial cup. Sponsors are ready to talk to me once this target has been hit!

(Donnovan) #40

Apples,

If you got a team, i want to help you guys in anyway.

Murka, will you join? :slight_smile: