The W.I.P pics thread

(kilL_888) #141

currently busy converting q3 textures for a little project of mine.

heres a very early build from a map of the project started today.

small update:

click for fullscreen

i also update my blog from time to time with new images.

(Violator) #142

Nice kilL_888 - very Q3 like :slight_smile:

(Nail) #143

very nice, the colouring and style makes it look regal

(kilL_888) #144

thanks.

coloring of the floor at least is experimental. im not finished converting textures and just took a random concrete texture.

sky and ambient light is from etqw as well. im aiming for a more moody, redish sky. the overall layout will also be very moody, but not dark.

i want to capture a moody gothic style with lots of blood plus warm orange colors for torches and stuff. there might be some organic meaty textures as well.

still have lots of assets to create and convert.

(hozz) #145

Nice style. Any plans what it will become (objectives)? I’d love a classic Q3 style map with etqw gameplay (MCP :D)

Wish there was the Q3 BFG in ETQW… including the “rocketjump” ability (works only in god mode :tongue:)

(Susefreak) #146

[QUOTE=hozz;226017]Nice style. Any plans what it will become (objectives)? I’d love a classic Q3 style map with etqw gameplay (MCP :D)

Wish there was the Q3 BFG in ETQW… including the “rocketjump” ability (works only in god mode :tongue:)[/QUOTE]

QWTA has the BFG tank…

(AnthonyDa) #147

Fixed. (+lol chars)

(kilL_888) #148

[QUOTE=hozz;226017]Nice style. Any plans what it will become (objectives)? I’d love a classic Q3 style map with etqw gameplay (MCP :D)

[/QUOTE]

im still in the planning phase. i have a basic concept for a duel mod i would like to realize. do you know the game jedi outcast? the duel melee mode with lightsabers but in medieval times with swords, maybe axes and maces … and … lots of blood, moody, gothic.

two (or three) big guys in plate armor fighting and (hopefully) dismembering each other. :slight_smile: and much more on my list but its too early to talk about.

i had jedi outcast, rune, age of conan and (the classic) doom in mind when i came up with the idea.

(iwound) #149

I’ve decide to appear in my own level. Hologram style. Fully animated.

(hozz) #150

@kilL_888
Wow that sounds like a lot of work. So it’s not “just” a map.
Unfortunately, I’ve never played any of the games you mentioned.
The map looks really nice already.
Also looked at your blog. A lot of mapping you’ve already done!

edit: I like this one’s style! Could be a Strogg temple kind of thing. Great textures.

@[]v[]
How about a speech bubble on top which says “It’s a big M” ? :smiley:
And… somehow looks like Putin:D

(Donnovan) #151

[]V[] is the Doom I/II marine!!!

(kilL_888) #152

the map was created for doom3jedi a few years ago. unfortunately the mod is now dead for various reasons.

the textures are all doom3 btw.

(kilL_888) #153

some new stuff.

i start to get this moody feel :slight_smile:

(light_sh4v0r) #154

Looks awesome dude, very nice lighting effects on those torches!

(kilL_888) #155

some new stuff i need some suggestions for.

im not entirely happy with the “church”. should the curves on the roof be removed or changed somehow? does the tower fit there (its a duplicate from the opposite side)? would it better to put a brush behind the windows to “close” them or should the interoir be visible (note that the door is only a texture and wont have a function)?

(iwound) #156

i think the open windows give depth and are ok.
if its a stroggy church i imagine they make a lot of noise during worship which is meant to be heard for miles around.

a mild & slow monk-like strogg, stogg, strogg chant sample would be nice.

the scene gives me the feeling of the stroggs religious sect.
a monastry for the believers.

a gdf attack on that would really piss 'em off. … Lets do it. :smiley:

(AnthonyDa) #157

Didn’t he said that it’s for a quake3-like project ?

(Susefreak) #158

Those skulls in the “bloody bassin” look rather low res. I assume you got those from q3 so that expains a lot.

(SphereCow) #159

I’m havin fun.

I really wish Animchannels worked on things other than characters. They should fix that, immediately. : O

(kilL_888) #160

this is NO etqw map. i just use the etqw tech.

this is supposed to be a duel map for a modding project i want to start. its basicly the lightsaber duel mode from jedi outcast in a different scenario.

i think the gothic scenario needs to be relaunched somehow. all you see nowadays are modern or even futuristic shooters. wheres the good old quake style? i want it back, so i started this.

long way to go though. dunno if it will ever be a mod, but im just having fun doing moody gothic architecture again.

@susefreak … all the textures you see are taken from quake3. i only added the specular and normalmap.