The W.I.P pics thread

(Donnovan) #121

[]V[], beauitifull room.

This is not part of Castle map? Its a new map?

The filter is made of patches (orange thing)?

(iwound) #122

its the tunnel on the left of pic. heres the full layout.

(kilL_888) #123

some indoor training.

(light_sh4v0r) #124

Not bad at all :slight_smile:

(kilL_888) #125

abandoned recycling plant. instead of creating energy out of renewable resources, this factory now produces acid waste and pumps it into the ocean.

(kilL_888) #126

next room. working time ~1hour

(iwound) #127

nice work kilL_888, im liking the design but i would keep them free of that type of debris as the corrugated sheets fit more an outdoor environment or if the roof had given way. ok its an open roof but looks unlikely debris.

if you want a decayed feel think about how those room will look after years of no cleaners. dirt, mold and maybe papers with office furniture tumbled around.

the dirt decals in the sdk work well.

(light_sh4v0r) #128

I’m with M on the debris, but I love all the other stuff. Is this still your shipyard map?

(iwound) #129

Finally found a nice courtyard texture and with some nice vertexColor editing works to good effect for a cheap texture.

(SebaSOFT) #130

Nice indeed, and easy enough…

The upper wall texture (the “white” one) could use (inverserd?) vertex colors to darken certain areas like just bellow the ceiling to achieve a less “boxy” feeling…

(light_sh4v0r) #131

looking great []v[] :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #132

Very Nice []V[]! This map will be awesome!

How is performance on it right now?

SebaSoft! I will back on Consite. Just need to finish some other work before!

(Donnovan) #133

New Andes “barricades”. Barricades will be changed to the structure on the image bellow:

(iwound) #134

[quote=Donnovan;222913]Very Nice []V[]! This map will be awesome!

How is performance on it right now?[/quote]

Awful as there are no LOD/Detail groups. No point until I’m happy with the brushwork as doing it now may mean doing it again if i make changes. And there are changes all the time. Portals are in though. Just some areas of the castle to texture/modify.

(.Chris.) #135

Donnovan, how do they fit in with the map though?

Nice work both you and []V[]

(SphereCow) #136

Hey, does anyone know anything about moving vehicles as in platforms/trains/elevators, like Wolfenstein had?

(light_sh4v0r) #137

As long as it’s a straight line movement it’s possible using doors. All the other movers don’t work properly.

(Donnovan) #138

It fit here:

(kilL_888) #139

you could try this:

http://wiki.splashdamage.com/index.php/Spline_Path_System

wanted to post this earlier but wiki was down :slight_smile: maybe its what your looking for. of course you need to “bind” objects (brushes/patches) to the spline_path entities to move.

(iwound) #140

That’s for ET useing Radiant editor.

QW does not have working movers in server mode. even though SD led us to believe there were.