The End of Execution - 22nd August, 2017

(bontsa) #61

Thing with the Execution though, is that it fights against the very core mechanics of the rest of the game itself. As SD themselves admitted, it was mainly planned to be kind of a transistion mode from other, more round-based FPS titles, into spawnwave- focused DB. Abilities, merc traits, even loadout and squad system were all planned with SW/Obj modes in mind, and not Execution. Latter seemed always like more of an un-finished, half-assed afterthought, added in just because games’s like CS:GO’s and R6 Siege’s popularity. Those 2 games simply have been built around round-based format, they do it so much better. There are interesting mechanics focused on that, they have something (let it be in-match money or such) that carries between rounds, etc. DB has none of that because it was never ment to be a game with rounds, but rather game with spawnwaves. Someone saying SW isn’t “skilled”, “competitive” mode? Try it out with people actually knowing how to utilize spawntimes and build strategies around them, DBN pugs for example and you’ll see how ultimately wrong you are. Pub nonsense means squat, no matter the mode in question.

I’m not saying there is anything inherently bad in enjoying Execution, no. Everyone has their preferences and its respectable. However no matter how little resources they would dedicate to it (see requests for keeping ie. 2 servers per region up) its still resources that could be dedicated and focused elsewhere. Eventually people in those little groups would start demanding for more content into Execution, and we’d be all over this resource- issue again; forwarding developer time into ridiculously small part of the community. Dropping the official support completely is better for the health of the game and playerbase in the longer run.

This resource-issue however could be dealt with by keeping the existing content in the gamefiles, and allowing community servers run the mode and the maps would they so wish to do. Reason I’m happy that official support for Exe is dropped, is because it removes the splitting issue of the community, and focuses almost everyone into modes which DB is truly about, which it is balanced around. Even if the splitting was becoming ever so smaller and smaller due absolutely tiny amount of players playing Exe.

(Rico_Rodriguez) #62

Very bad decision, i think!!

1. EMPTY SERVERS
    I can assume why this decision was maded. “EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT”… ~3-6 month ago dirty bomb begin decreasing of it’s own popularity, And some month ago… 1 month? 2? 3?.. approximately after Turtle adding… execution servers became empty.

It seems something like that:
…I wanna play in exeqution, quick join… and… an EMPTY server. I think that peoples would’t want to wait on EMPTY server. Because it’s EMPTY server. Peoples are not robots with DEFINITE TIME WAITING DELAY. If somebody connected to server, peoples can wait, but if not - they DON’T WANT to do this.
And… in server browser i can find execution servers with players! WHY the GAME moved me to the EMPTY SERVER in quick join menu?!

1. Server browser defaults
    Then, they begin clicking “Server Browser”. All gamemodes in server browser are sorted by DEFAULT by ping… numbers of players… something like that. Not by gamemode with execution on top.

And player just begin to click on the random server, and 2/3=66.66% chance… maybe higher… that one will connect to stopwatch or objective server.
“I wanna play…empty server…baaad…server browser… click…click…oh, it’s stopwatch! mkay, let’s it be stopwatch…”

1. Daily quest problema
    Only one kind of mission is adopted to the execution mode. “20 rounds in execution mode”.
    But we have 2 quests on objective and stopwatch, and too much quests like “12000 exp with VASSILI”. Or with SKYHAMMER!. Or just 2500 support exp…
    In which gamemode u can end this daily quest easily? In stopwatch! Or in objective, because this gamemodes gives MORE EXP. But not in execution!

So, there is presetted disbalance in game mechanic to make people prefer stopwatch and objective to recieve MORE EXP!****

1. **RESULT **
    So, what the true result? I think it’s sad. game became to LOOSE popularity. Peoples gone, and popularity of stopwatch and objective - it’s just result of game mechanic presetting. GEEKS that want to farm exp in MMO-style - that kind of players always last to leave.
    In every stupid non-popular game we can see this situation.

BUT DB is BETTER than some bullshit stupid game! DB can be transformed into the good multyplayer shooter… why do you do this?!

1. And i want to warn u, dear developers: DB can loose MUCH MORE popularity ! It’s just the first sign… empty executions server. ~~Winter ~~is Dark times coming… Only MMO-geeks… and then… nobody… because we haven’t NEW MAPS

**WE NEED MORE MAPS in execution! **

With kind regards…
Rico

(haxer-Anderson) #63
  1. most new comers don’t know how to get into execution as they are started in obv first (really hard to base that 5%) 2. They can cut execution servers for level 20 saving cost of servers and bandwidth 3. view stopwatch, obv, and exe the player count is nearly the same or more on exe(The 5% of time spent in exe is Bullshit) 4. They need new marketing as Angry Joe rated this as a p2w game (players don’t know that bronze cards are the same as silver & up cards) 5. The game has been dying and will probably continue to die 6. THE PLAYER BASE HAS BARELY 2k ON IT ATM 7. Dirty bomb currently has a lot of useless servers 8. Stopwatch, Obv, Ranked is nearly the same and alot of people I know don’t like that 9. Stopwatch and Obv really don’t compete against other games as it has a base of barely 2k people. 10. I play a fair amount of each, however I record most of exe (My opinion that I think it requires most skill) 11. A lot of people don’t like ranked and the balance system, I guess the numbers don’t lie on that either. 12.Yes, I really like execution and I think new comers and people warm up to it. 13. The game will even have less content, matter of fact I don’t think more content for obv,ranked, stopwatch will help either. 14.This is just my opinion. 15. I have over 800 hours in dirty bomb and will be uninstalling the game on the 22nd.
  • Anderson:~$

(henki000) #64

I will miss execution and its unique atmosphere. In the golden age of ET, there was deathmatch 1v1 maps. Even mods that made certain players to match 1v1 while others were forced to spectate. Nowadays its probably all gone…

(jemstar) #65

Ok had time to process and still can’t believe they are doing this.

Surely it can’t hurt to keep a few servers per region operating to keep the loyal dedicated Exe players happy.

I have almost 1800hrs playing DB at least 1500hrs in Execution.

I doubt I will commit to this much playing time to obj/sw…there is no point of difference from so many other games.

Surely it is good to have an alternative game mode to cater to more gaming styles. That’s a point of difference worth having and makes DB unique. More choice is good for everyone.

obj/sw is just destroy or move or deliver. No matter how many maps you make that’s basically all you get to do. In execution you have value on your life, nothing is better than being the last guy/girl/nongenderspecific player on your team then killing 3+ enemies and defusing to win the round or even better the match…really gets the heart pumping. Or the disappointment at watching a team mate almost clutch it against all odds to die at the last moment to a flukey flick shot or c4 exploding with 0.1 sec of time left.

It’s not the most played mode but has dedicated regulars that really value its existence. I can always get a game and have made some great friends in execution.

I find I chat to everyone in game and enjoy their banter in Execution. This doesn’t seem to happen in obj/sw. No sense of community.

I really feel this is a mistake alienating a loyal part of the DB community. With out discussion or input.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS DECISION

(TheOmniscient) #66

Someone start the forums rally, this is going to cause a massive decrease and decline in Dirty Bomb for a while if they do this. I don’t like Execution, but there are ton of people, including ones I know that will leave, and happened to be patrons of this game. If this mode is removed, you not only say “fuck you” to a part of your population of Dirty Bomb, you also show a part of your community is worth nothing to you because you can’t leech enough cash. Which reflects even more poorly on you, when you seem to have a bad rep as it is. The best course of action is to remove a couple of servers, as you dedicated too much to execution, but not to remove them. Or also let community run servers be a thing on top of leaving some of your own. If you want to kill the game, remove execution by decreasing your popularity as a whole. If you want to expand the game you will rethink this and leave a couple servers per region for players that are actually worth something and will also probably spend more money on your game if they have what makes them happy. Also, you can spend minimal time on execution, most people are content with how it currently is anyway, they just don’t want it cut. If worse comes to worse, we non execution lovers can band with execution lovers to place a boycott on your game until execution returns.

(Simster275) #67

@jemstar said:

Surely it can’t hurt to keep a few servers per region operating to keep the loyal dedicated Exe players happy.

I doubt I will commit to this much playing time to obj/sw…there is no point of difference from so many other games.

Surely it is good to have an alternative game mode to cater to more gaming styles. That’s a point of difference worth having and makes DB unique. More choice is good for everyone.

obj/sw is just destroy or move or deliver. No matter how many maps you make that’s basically all you get to do. In execution you have value on your life, nothing is better than being the last guy/girl/nongenderspecific player on your team then killing 3+ enemies and defusing to win the round or even better the match…really gets the heart pumping. Or the disappointment at watching a team mate almost clutch it against all odds to die at the last moment to a flukey flick shot or c4 exploding with 0.1 sec of time left.

It’s not the most played mode but has dedicated regulars that really value its existence. I can always get a game and have made some great friends in execution.

I find I chat to everyone in game and enjoy their banter in Execution. This doesn’t seem to happen in obj/sw. No sense of community.

I really feel this is a mistake alienating a loyal part of the DB community. With out discussion or input.

Just came here to agree with Jem.
If you need to reduce work on just running exe maybe add Deathmatch and/or KOH to the same maps and have the servers rotate the modes… not claiming to understand the issue

(Spicy82) #68

I am an Exe supporter. definitely as a girl playing this game, I feel more comfortable playing with the good solid friends I have that play execution than obj/sw. I can definitely say I will spend less hours playing this game in the future. As sad as that will be, I only come to play with friends. and since they are all loyal Exe players will be a big drop in players on the AUS servers. disappointing Splash Damage, disappointing :frowning:

(phoenixgamer) #69

What about a campaign mode?

(KeithTalent) #70

Ugh, that really sucks. Execution was my favourite. By far the most entertaining mode for me. Very disappointed. :\

(znuund) #71

After all this posts above me, I just wanted to add that I won’t miss the mode. Too much downtime and it is just not DB for me. But I can understand you and the disappointed players.

When I see the open jobs on your page, I can only imagine how limited your resources were and I am looking forward on your further increased focus on your aspects of the game.

I will stay here (but I don’t play that much anyway)

(phoenixgamer) #72

@jemstar said:

Try out ranked then :slight_smile:

(jemstar) #73

@phoenixgamer not sure what you mean here? Ranked doesn’t offer the community atmosphere that Execution does. Also doesn’t offer the same heart pounding finishes that Execution does.

Ranked is just stopwatch with friendly fire on. How does your comment offer anything to what I stated?

(jemstar) #74

In so many of the threads people are saying “thank God Execution is going…why don’t we use the maps for CTF or TDM?” LoL If the devs are saying execution isn’t what DB is about(DB is about Obj/SW apparently), then why would they remove Execution only to put in its place another game mode that is not at the core of DB??

(watsyurdeal) #75

@jemstar said:
In so many of the threads people are saying “thank God Execution is going…why don’t we use the maps for CTF or TDM?” LoL If the devs are saying execution isn’t what DB is about(DB is about Obj/SW apparently), then why would they remove Execution only to put in its place another game mode that is not at the core of DB??

Because it fits better with the mechanics the game has in place than Execution.

I’m sorry to sound like a broken record but other games do this sort of mode WAY better than Dirty Bomb. It’s horrendously broken by concept that each merc starts with their abilities at the ready, the maps allow you to kill people within the first 5 seconds, aka Frags and Orbital Laser, and the abilities recharge, meaning there is no risk involved for playing what is essentially TDM.

Headquarters from COD for example, would fit the game play Dirty Bomb has way better, and even the maps would work better with it after a few touches.

There is a reason why game modes like CTF even I just don’t see working, cause I can think of games that have done it many times better than we could, even if we drastically change how certain mercs are played.

(SnakekillerX) #76

@watsyurdeal said:
I’m sorry to sound like a broken record but other games do this sort of mode WAY better than Dirty Bomb. It’s horrendously broken by concept that each merc starts with their abilities at the ready

The game mode isn’t any better in those other games, its the same. The difference is that DB has characters with abilities, while most of those other games don’t. Aside from that they play exactly the same.

(watsyurdeal) #77

@SnakekillerX said:

@watsyurdeal said:
I’m sorry to sound like a broken record but other games do this sort of mode WAY better than Dirty Bomb. It’s horrendously broken by concept that each merc starts with their abilities at the ready

The game mode isn’t any better in those other games, its the same. The difference is that DB has characters with abilities, while most of those other games don’t. Aside from that they play exactly the same.

Where is the ecnomy then?

Why do we have health regen?

Why do we have revives?

These are all things that are designed for a specific game, for a specific mode, and it’s not execution.

(SnakekillerX) #78

Most games that have an Execution style game mode still have their own flare to it that make that game unique compared to the others.

Why does a last team standing with an objective require an “economy”, this really makes no sense.

If you got rid of healing and reviving then it would make all medics useless.

Execution promotes team play, probably more so than Obj/SW as dying isn’t easily forgiven with a respawn 20 seconds later, you should be communicating and working as a team.
This is what the game mode is about.

Whether or not people play it that way is another thing. They are likely the people complaining that the game mode is slow and they have to wait for too long before they can play again. “boooring… zzZzzZz”. They are doing it wrong.

(watsyurdeal) #79

My point is that if this game wants to compete with Counter Strike, it shouldn’t be trying to do what Counter Strike does but vastly inferior. You argue that the mode requires teamwork, which yes, it does, but that doesn’t mean the mode is not broken due to the way our game’s mechanics are set up. We need modes that actually suit the game, not require it to be changed to an extreme degree.

(Tormentor4000) #80

good job devs !!! execution goes so do i and about 50 of my friends have a nice day