The End of Execution - 22nd August, 2017

(Mc1412013) #41

@SnakekillerX said:

@ZombieBars said:
feels like maybe 50 people at most will miss this mode

50 People? You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Yeah its 51 people lol j.k.

(Melinder) #42

Hehe XD

(bgyoshi) #43

Too bad. I feel like a little reworking would’ve made Execution much more playable and popular, not a full removal

That being said, another large update in two weeks, 3 storyline events in the past 4 months, 2 new maps and a new merc in the past 4 months, and coming back to balance patches…the new streamlined content development release schedule is awesome and I can only suspect SD has a new mode up their sleeve they aren’t letting on about.

If you’re going to quit over execution then at least keep your eye out for new content coming.

(ImSploosh) #44

This is terrible news… I really love Execution, but the only reason I stopped playing it so much was because of the lack of maps. If it’s getting removed, then I really hope we’re going to get an alternative like capture the flag or something. Having just objective gets boring after a while. It was nice to freshen things up by hopping into Execution for a bit.

(TitaniumRapture) #45

Seems like all exec players are in this discussion. :smiley:

(bgyoshi) #46

@TitaniumRapture said:
Seems like all exec players are in this discussion. :smiley:

@Eox is hard at work this afternoon slam dunk shutting down threads over it haha

(Eox) #47

@bgyoshi please let’s remain on topic.

(Jamarlie) #48

This is NOT cool guys. I freaking loved this mode. :frowning:
Execution has always felt like a really competitive mode in this game for me. I can’t for the love of my life wrap my head around how you think that Stopwatch or Objective could resemble something as a good competitive game mode. If this update hits I will play FAR less DB, I can tell you that much. Execution has always been the bread and butter for me and a fair few people out there. It was an actual competitive mode and I was already questioning why you chose one of the most dragged out and least competitive modes of all to be in ranked instead of the perfectly functional and balanced execution mode.

It would be really sad to see this game shift over heavily in favor of simple pub stomping games and it would ruin the tactical fast paced action opportunities that Execution STILL offers, even if you guys don’t see it…

Please, don’t do this. This will legitimately ruin the game for me and many others :frowning:

(ImSploosh) #49

I’ve had my most fun moments in DB in Execution. It created tension and got your adrenaline pumping! Maybe they’ll bring it back when DB gets a “full release.” I prefer playing Execution over Objective sometimes. If there were more maps, I would be playing it everyday.

(BazBling) #50

BUT…BUT… what about… My Chicken Shop on Market? :disappointed:

(Demolama) #51

Good. Now if they could add a game mode that makes sense for this type of game, such as dual objectives where both sides have an objective to defend and one to assault.

(bushyg) #52

Dan Ramirez - 1 hour ago
so what are you going to do to the map?

Dirty Bomb - 1 hour ago
We’re able to re-use assets in future maps.

Comment from youtube.

(SnakekillerX) #53

@Demolama said:
Good. Now if they could add a game mode that makes sense for this type of game, such as dual objectives where both sides have an objective to defend and one to assault.

The idea of a MOBA type mode for DB has creeped up before and I agree it would be pretty fun.

(TerrorLTZ) #54

@BazBling said:
BUT…BUT… what about… My Chicken Shop on Market? :disappointed:

but market isn’t part of trainyard ? they could extend that map…

also those maps :frowning: will be lost in the abyss until a new purpose is made for them it’s sad i hope for modes like (CTF"c", Assault, PVE or more).

i didn’t liked execution mode

(Xenithos) #55

Why don’t you just create turf war maps out of them? They’re literally PERFECTLY sized for CTF and Turf war style gamemodes… the problem is that how Execution is is probably the main reason no one plays it…

Then again, if you can objectify/or stop the watch on these maps I’d really appreciate it…
I never liked the ROUNDS aspect of Execution, it was the only real reason I never played it.

(Pokeking593) #56

@SnakekillerX said:

@Demolama said:

The idea of a MOBA type mode for DB has creeped up before and I agree it would be pretty fun.

Indeed, but I’d prefer this was implemented to be PvE (coop) and we were fighting rogue robots or gun drones. ie some people on defense destroying the oncoming horde, while those on offense are denting their numbers, disabling spawners, or destroying paths to ether make the bots go around or unable to use flank routes so that the team can do an objective (plant C4 or delivery) to weaken the area for a larger force (they would bomb and raid, but AA guns and stuff) and then ether get to an extraction point, or try to finish the job themselves for more reward but was tougher/more bots.

You could also add the following idea to said bot horde mode:

CDA & Jackal working in an uneasy truce where they are in separated sections on a symmetrical map and they have to cooperate to complete 1 or more objectives nearly simultaneously (ie C4 on both sides must go off within a short period of each other) or risk facing more robots, a temporary objective lockout, a reduction in time, or a combination thereof for the first half, and for the second half they have access to each others area and can ether continue cooperating to have both groups get their half of the four cores to their extraction point with minimal complications or break the truce and attempt to deliver more than your “fair share” but risk being overrun by the bots the other team would have killed as they are mostly concerned (but may still run & gun or target you if aggravated) about defending the cores and the vault in which they spawn.

Only one core is in play at any time, and both teams can pick up & carry a core regardless of who initially picks it up or if someone drops it. You can’t harm teammates, but can still hurt and be hurt by the other team by any means, so communication is key if you plan keep the truce and use use air support. Success is noticeably more rewarding than failure for this mode, and any cores after the quota (2 cores) are moderately less rewarding per core (as to incentivize honoring the truce). Match ends if 4 cores have been delivered, or the timer runs out, which may increase upon objective completion.

(Pokeking593) #57

@everlovestruck said:
I’d die of happiness if you added a PvE coop mode. I think the three EXE maps could be recycled for that purpose

So a coop horde mode with individualized 25 second respawn timers? I presume it will have rogue robots or gun drones who are trying to initiate their detonation sequence when they get within half melee range of a pylon to damage it, because I’d much rather shoot them than the stereotypical zombies (from the radiation) trying to kill us.

If this coop horde mode does get made (which I would indeed like to see happen), I have a few good ideas for some strategy, as I don’t want to let my aiming deteriorate, or have near mindless target practice that doesn’t allow you to benefit from strafing.

Some constructible/destructible contraptions (like secondary generators) that could hinder, disable, delay, damage, destroy, or simply reroute most or all of the rampant bots. I would also welcome something similar to GoW4’s Fabricator with open guns, rather than Team Fortress Two’s MvM upgrade stations. Oh, and having some bots require tactics or different weapons to destroy would be ideal, IE more durable bots could have armor that reduces greatly damage by a flat amount requiring an SR or explosives, a frontal shield that functions like the mentioned armor allowing flanks, or a mobile Turtle Shield that may or not protect other bots and may or not recharge.

(jemstar) #58

This really really SUX!

I play Execution around 30+ hours a week. I play OBJ about 3 hours a week and SW <1 Hour per week.

On the weekend I wake up at 6am and start playing Sexycution(Execution if u dont get it).

There are loyal players that mainly play this mode its like a sub DB community. you get to know them well.
I have played DB since closed Beta. It’s been Execution that has given my gaming life meaning.

I started playing W:ET in 2009 with the BloodSquadClan and had 5 years of extreme fun. The BloodSquadClan continues now on DB as BLOOD clan. We have had a great loyal commitment to Splash Damage.

In W:ET you had your own server that you could set up as you liked and the game mode you liked. In DB you have to use community servers. I cant imagine the cost of keeping 2 servers per region is too much of a burden to keep a small but dedicated playing group happy.

By all means stop development, but to just take it away is gut wrenching to us.

PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS DECISION!

(sgtSZKLARZ) #59

There are only 3 maps, more maps = more players, it’s simple. Why you can’t understand that?

(Mc1412013) #60

@sgtSZKLARZ said:
There are only 3 maps, more maps = more players, it’s simple. Why you can’t understand that?

I thought had announced more maps comming some.time around vaults anouncement. Then again i think lawbreakers anounced new stuff around then too so i may be confusong the anouncements