*** Update (see first post) ***
Another huge update with the release of the new Second Edition loadouts, plus a few other goodies and changes sprinkled in the last game update for good measure.
Version 9.0 release notes:
- Added new sheets for all the mercs to cover the new Second Edition loadouts, these sheets are listed first as they are the most current ones
- Added the Rogue en Vogue final loadouts and skins for Aimee and Proxy
- Added Lineage Continuity info on the First Edition sheets showing the closest parent of the new loadouds and how much they diverged from them
- Added event info next to the skin previews for Obsidian and Special Edition loadouts
- Updated the Rhino and Kira First Edition sheets with their revised Gold and Cobalt cards (slight change in the position of the model vs the loadout name text)
- Updated the Augments chart to reflect the adjustments made in the last game update
- Updated the Layout Maps to reflect the changes above
A few notes on things I didn’t do in this update:
- Second Edition skins are identical to First Edition ones, so I’m using the same ones on both sheets, even though the cards shown in the previews are First Edition. I might edit the pics to show Second Edition cards one day, but I already had to process over 1800 new loadout cards for this update, so I’ve had my hands full for now.
- The First Edition Proxy cards and her skin previews were not updated with the post Rogue en Vogue bandaged version, even though updated cards were released in the game for every single one of them except the Founders one. I’m edging my bets that this is only temporary and I suspect I’ll have to redo the Second Edition sheet soon enough…
And finally a few trivia items:
- The new layout for the skin previews (with the addition of the favorite button) has a lot more overlays encroaching on the models. The good news is that my standard 4:3 1152 x 864 will still produce usable screenshots (although the loadout cards will from now on be on the right…). The bad news is that so far it’s the only combination of aspect ratio and resolution that provides good results. In higher 4:3 resolutions (starting at 1280 x 960), the size of the overlays increases a notch, covering more of the models. I was not able to test very high 4:3 resolutions, so it is possible that some of the higher ones do provide something usable, but I won’t know for sure until I can see one…
- With this new release the Genome is now composed of 61 pictures with a resolution of 5376 x 3024. I couldn’t find an official name for that, but that’s about twice the pixel content of 4K.
- The average size of these pictures is 2.7 Mb each, for a total of nearly 170 Mb. They would be unmanageable in any standard format other than JPG.
- The sheets are built using PowerPoint as I find it very handy to manipulate and precisely position large number of images. I have one file for each merc and these files (which integrate hundreds of independent pictures) now average about 115 Mb each.
- The Genome folder structure on my PC where I keep all the source images, the edited versions and the PowerPoint files, is now nearly 5.5 Gb in size. That’s more than the entire DB game files…
First post has been updated with this version.